Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=147306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - DiscoveryGC Admins - 04-05-2015

Welcome to the Discovery Admin Feedback thread.
Just like most groups here in Discovery, the administration team is also not exempt from public feedback from the rest of our members.

The purpose of this thread is to allow us to adequately access our own level of work within the community as well as the overall state of things when it comes to the Team. While fully public, if there are issues with the members of the administration team you would wish to bring up personally, you may leave your feedback privately via the Player Request section.

Likewise, you can find your current active staff list HERE.

This thread is meant to leave feedback only. If you wish to bump or remind us of some sort of request or things that are need of doing, please use the Remind An Admin thread.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Hannibal - 01-23-2017

A lot have changed in last 2 years, including current team members and so we think its time to start over and let those 1,3k post where it belongs, in the past.

Note: This thread will be actively moderated from now on

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Emperor Tekagi - 01-23-2017

(01-23-2017, 06:43 PM)Hannibal Wrote:
Since the old feedback thread lacked sometimes replies towards constructive matters concerning the server, etc. can we expect that with the more active moderation of this thread the admins will try to take more time for replying too? If yes I really appreciate and look forward to this restart of the Admin Feedback Thread.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Altejago - 01-23-2017

Isn't this a form of censorship when it comes to asking peoples opinions about your performance but choosing what to put in the final edit?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Kauket - 01-23-2017

I heard about the Faction Account restriction, does the posting rights apply to sanction threads where they request evidence? Or generally any other request forums? Eg faction perks, general requests, SRP requests, etcetc.

Edit: Or what about events?

(01-23-2017, 06:46 PM)Werdackel| Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 06:43 PM)Hannibal Wrote:
Since the old feedback thread lacked sometimes replies towards constructive matters concerning the server, etc. can we expect that with the more active moderation of this thread the admins will try to take more time for replying too? If yes I really appreciate and look forward to this restart of the Admin Feedback Thread.

I will try. I'm not sure how many knows this, but truth is my life got a lot busier(8h work + 3h transport) since i took this position so my activity decreased in time. However by moderating it, it will save us more time to answer constructive feedback then getting "overlooked" having to deal with other kinds of "feedback" .

(01-23-2017, 07:17 PM)Auzari Wrote: I heard about the Faction Account restriction, does the posting rights apply to sanction threads where they request evidence? Or generally any other request forums? Eg faction perks, general requests, SRP requests, etcetc.

I already answered it in faction leaders subforum, those restrictions were already in place for all non staff user groups, so nothing changed in that regard.

(01-23-2017, 07:17 PM)Auzari Wrote: Edit: Or what about events? [/color]
I actually overlooked that one(it inherited the permission from Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions which shouldn't), permission fixed

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Durandal - 01-23-2017

There are three outstanding issues I would like to raise here. I haven't bothered the admin team about it because I know how many of you feel about both myself and my faction, but it's pretty awful to have your members message you every day about problems that no other faction has to deal with.

1: Our ship unlock/relock request. This is the thing bothering me the least, but out of all the previous (visible) processed requests, ours has taken the longest. We're on 7 days now, with the longest still on record having taken 4. It's not a big deal and it can wait another week, but it's still something my members are nagging me about.

2: HF ID rephacks. This is a pretty big deal. Our ID's rephacks are extremely archaic. We're white (dockable!) to Gaians and likewise them to us, despite them being mortal enemies. (done) We're still incapable of docking on Commonwealth bases (done), and to elaborate on that IFF a bit it was added in to represent a civilian side to the Legion, just as they will eventually be added in for the SCRA and CR. It wouldn't make very much sense to have Manhattan be LN Guard IFF'd example. We're not trying to roleplay two factions, we don't intend to make use of the IFF on our ships, it's there as a stopgap for the game's old docking mechanics, and right now we can't land to buy transports, sabres, and a couple of other ships.

3: The Hellfire indie ID isn't available for purchase by standard means. (done, added it to your restart base for now) The only way to acquire a Hellfire indie ID right now is to use the restart or to have an official faction member buy it for you, which creates some very messy, annoying, and downright complicated situations. As far as I know there is no precedent for this for any other faction, including other non vanilla factions such as the CR, SCRA, and Core.

If you could take the time to handle these things, especially the last two, it would be greatly appreciated by quite a lot of people.

Thanks,
Justin

All changes will be implemented on the next server restart. ~Spuddy

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Landers - 01-23-2017

Even it's more pathetic that now you could only allow the posts which you'd like to be shown to public