Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=147306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - HuggieSunrise - 01-26-2018

Real talk.

TLDR
Code:
Im worried that some people paying the bills were alienated by an issue we could have at the vary least changed by making the processes they use to get requests, development, and administrative issues, open and transparent to everyone.  

We need to stop invising forums sections that hold certain peoples accomplishments and goals and also stop using these spots as trash piles.

There are existing easy changes that we can do to make this stuff seen and trackable. And if we dont have anyone whos doing this job.  Im sure we can find someone. it wouldn't even be a position of authority and would divide the workload to make it easier for the dev team and admins in the long run without people constantly asking about these submissions.

The biggest problem. Which has come up a lot this week. I am not alone in running a faction that both usually gets feedback and answers from the admin team and a faction that gets literally no feedback upon repeated requests.

Now putting aside how utterly frustrating this is. The whole thing. Not just the "seemingly" ignored part.

This week I've encountered a seemingly dead Srp change applicant.
Former anonymous donators to the server unhappy about this particular issue.
Other faction leaders that may or may not fit int he other two above.

As for the Srp or bad srps. I railed about this in the aoi feedback. To be clear I dont feel its anyones providence but the srp requester to format things in a way that makes srps feesable. The current system relies on moderators and admins to back the srp to see merit in its form or changing etc. However this seems to be the literall issue.

No is not a feedback.
Silence is not a feedback.

Out of the two No is literally much more important, and has way more integrity then silence. And I think the problem is two fold. The training or rather facts about certain things are NOT certain because anywhere things are written down to this aspect are buried in this mess of a forum. Moderators to my knowledge when they are new ask questions and figure things out as stuff arises but there are no standards of training. At least... minimal ones.

Admin-ship seems to have the exact same issues. Admins must all agree to make most things occur.

What is important is im not.. necessarily attacking anything I just think that while issues are 90% clear cut sometimes when a group is unsure of something no one seemingly has the initiative to work things out.

Now here is the thing and the only thing that ive seen languish here for eight years of forum use. Everyone will assume everything when you dont talk to them. if something is like.. unknown or a question is asked int he appropriate spaces. AND if barring all that there is still a non answer. Like. We dont know, cant do it this way, were trying to figure out something, OR utter silence. This drives them nuts.

And assumptions fly. slights real or imagined pop up. and that just makes it worse for everyone.

Donaters not getting ... what they want apparently.

NOW FIRST im not saying anyone is paying money for favors here. In this situation. as ive heard it. requests have been made over time for an extension in either assets or dev related issues and while other similar requests are processed ahead of others already in queue. In other words.. there seems to be favoritism. (real or unreal) and frankly reguardless of money involved the line isnt being honored the queue is either edited for priorities or other concerns of a patch related nature and its put off to the next ..repeatedly..

Now recently My patch issues were completely addressed and thats wonderful im great but knowing these anonymous... parties and their faction requests rather intimately.. theyve been waiting longer on some issues then khara was waiting for what i was literally told by head developers and alley for YEARS were mostly complete assets for multiple years.

A fact i used and i admit.. that while i had a disposable income did not contribute.

But better people then me. the non charitable evil man. have had their assets and requests languishing for entire versions and EVERYONE IS aware that we may not always have the talent. To move forward with certain things in the past. But the integrity that I am well aware of .. and have seen repeatedly here is some people dont want to work on certain things for whatever reason. I dont think we can afford that mentality.

FInally. Other faction leaders this week who dont even want to bother. Theres a weird mania here. A co dependency that seems to grip the minds of others to try and figure out the admins motives or construe their statements into other messages. Trying to figure out like some battered wife how thier trying to do anything was wrong or what they did wrong. Some orphaned or fatherless complex here were your trying to make sence of what they did to deserve being utterly ignored. Leaving something ignored or unaddressed isnt leaving things on pause.

you cant put issues in stasis just because you dont address them.

you cannot put it off till later indefinitely. Because everything has context relating to the present moment. many of the issues ive tried to talk to admins over my time here have either had quick and simple answers or languished in some unexceptionable zone of mystery.

The offensive truth about it is. When you do this to anyone. In life it doesn't just write you off. It damages your integrity it offends the person needing something and at the end of the day its really the only reason ive seen. this monster of not getting anything you care about addressed that burns out the efforts of anyone wanting to build "anything" here.

So. Im not just going to report on this im just going to literally share what i had to do in cases. and this is a little bit related to actual human resource management skills practiced.

Queue management.

-Limit the number of total requests per month.
-Acknowledge read requests with a public list.
-Limit total number of requests. Actionable community wide.
OR
-Stricter guidelines for request forms.
-Dedicated team member to process them.
-Requests will fall off or will be automatically denied within a certain period.
-If a request times out it can be resubmitted immediately at the top If it was processed and denied it must be resubmitted to the back of the line.

Now you dont want to leave anything unaddressed because thats bad. vary bad.

The reason your going to heed this? Before we spout of its just disco. or. this place isnt worth it. If this community is going to support itself it has to call for real problems to be solved and we can no longer afford the old system of just so. The moment the SECOND this rabble asked or provided a means to support itself As is. was the moment it was subject to treat itself better.

Cannon isnt paying the bills anymore. and whoever is should decide how long the lights are turned on and for what per pose.

Cause im going to state a fact here. Anyone who comes in and plays here and wants to have fun has a small stake. The pool might be clean enough not to give you an ear infection but just because the water is clear doesn't mean there isnt urine in it. THis crap is turning away people who loved this place for what it is and a VARY PREVENTABLE PRACTICE could be nipped in the bud and stopped before they decided to leave.

Who would bay for this? Suckers. the ignorant. and people who are used to being ignored and treated like shit.

cause that what this does. it makes people feel like literall trash. They will respect you if you say no more then pulling an immature silence. If you find you dont have the time energy or willpower to at least treat the people your enforcing a standard to which should make you want to play here and literally spoken to like a human being and i mean AT minimum. you yourself are either being abused in life and your bringing it into here. Which we dont need it.

Or you dont care period.

and you should get out of here before you kill it for the rest of us.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Lythrilux - 02-10-2018

Hey I've noticed I'm blocked from the shoutbox all of a sudden and I don't know why. Last thing I did was post the bitconnect meme?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Mephistoles - 02-26-2018

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=8584&pid=183747#pid183747

The GMG laws here were once coloured red and marked as suspended. The word suspended remains but the colour does not.

Can the laws there be enforced by the GMG ID?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Banned player t202085 - 02-27-2018

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=140171&page=6

Pretty much has a page of unanswered clarification requests.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Mephistoles - 03-02-2018

(02-26-2018, 11:16 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=8584&pid=183747#pid183747

The GMG laws here were once coloured red and marked as suspended. The word suspended remains but the colour does not.

Can the laws there be enforced by the GMG ID?

Hello, this is still pending.

I checked this post and it sounds pretty rude. Anyway, what I mean is I'd like to get on with rebuilding my faction so clarification on this matter would be appreciated.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Laura C. - 03-11-2018

(03-05-2018, 11:35 AM)Laura C. Wrote: Bump...

(02-26-2018, 11:12 PM)Laura C. Wrote: I would like to ask for clarification. The announcement mentioned that if an official faction does not meet requirements, it will receive a warning and if its activity does not improve over the course of the next quarter-year, it will be removed. Quite clear so far. However, in the thread about results of the first activity check for last quarter of 2017 was stated in admin green:
(01-01-2018, 09:11 PM)St.Denis Wrote: Those Official Factions that failed the last check, but passed this check will be taken off the Warning if they proceed to pass the next Quarterly Check.

Those Official Factions that have failed the Quarterly Check, for the first time, are now under Warning and will have to meet the minimum requirement for the next two Checks.
So what are the rules? If official faction does not meet requirements in a check, than meet them in the next check but fails again at the another check, what will happen? Will they stay warned or will they lose officialdom?

Apart from that, it seems that this question of mine was left unanswered:
(10-02-2017, 04:30 PM)Laura C. Wrote: What is definition of active member? It used to be player with at least hour logged per month, is it still the same or did it change since activity checks are now made per quarter, so for example to three hours per quarter or one hour per quarter?

And one more question regarding the issue of activity checks - is the Official Faction Hardship Program still a thing?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Laura C. - 03-18-2018

Another bump...
(03-11-2018, 04:00 PM)Laura C. Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 11:35 AM)Laura C. Wrote: Bump...

(02-26-2018, 11:12 PM)Laura C. Wrote: I would like to ask for clarification. The announcement mentioned that if an official faction does not meet requirements, it will receive a warning and if its activity does not improve over the course of the next quarter-year, it will be removed. Quite clear so far. However, in the thread about results of the first activity check for last quarter of 2017 was stated in admin green:
(01-01-2018, 09:11 PM)St.Denis Wrote: Those Official Factions that failed the last check, but passed this check will be taken off the Warning if they proceed to pass the next Quarterly Check.

Those Official Factions that have failed the Quarterly Check, for the first time, are now under Warning and will have to meet the minimum requirement for the next two Checks.
So what are the rules? If official faction does not meet requirements in a check, than meet them in the next check but fails again at the another check, what will happen? Will they stay warned or will they lose officialdom?

Apart from that, it seems that this question of mine was left unanswered:
(10-02-2017, 04:30 PM)Laura C. Wrote: What is definition of active member? It used to be player with at least hour logged per month, is it still the same or did it change since activity checks are now made per quarter, so for example to three hours per quarter or one hour per quarter?

And one more question regarding the issue of activity checks - is the Official Faction Hardship Program still a thing?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Banned player t202085 - 03-18-2018

Can we have a new Admin feedback thread that is actually seen and actioned atleast once a month?
01-07-2018 was the last green text here.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Lythrilux - 03-22-2018

(03-22-2018, 07:11 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Lyth no. We don't say that here. Come back with 1.1-friendly meme. ~Inferno

The Staff is all-white (afaik?) so I can understand your sensitivities/uncertainty, but as an actual ethnic minority, I can tell you it's not racist.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Alley - 03-22-2018

(03-22-2018, 07:52 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 07:11 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Lyth no. We don't say that here. Come back with 1.1-friendly meme. ~Inferno

The Staff is all-white (afaik?) so I can understand your sensitivities/uncertainty, but as an actual ethnic minority, I can tell you it's not racist.

Rules are rules, your skin color has little (aka none) value in their interpretation.