Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=147306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Lythrilux - 03-22-2018

The Staff's interpretation is incorrect, and it's incorrect enforcement of that rule as a result.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - SnakThree - 03-26-2018

"To be fair and treat all players equally, independent of their level and faction alignment."

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=159482&pid=1983594#pid1983594

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Major. - 04-16-2018

The community and probably the unofficial faction leaders would like to recieve the vote results of their factions:

Five factions are waiting, maybe it's time to hurry up a little bit or at least tell them to wait a little bit longer.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - sindroms - 04-16-2018

Maybe you should have any experience in how the process is handled, before you spam the forum with your bumps that nobody asked for.

The faction creators are usually well aware that requests are processed in bulk. The votes are DISCUSSIONS followed by a vote, not a ''thumbs up'' vote. Discussions take time and they are processed at once once it is finished. You are given an estimate of when the process is started, not when it is ended. Considering you seem to have no relation to the factions, bumping the requests while the owners know better and are more patient, seems arbitrary of you.

(04-16-2018, 08:15 AM)sindroms Wrote: Maybe you should have any experience in how the process is handled, before you spam the forum with your bumps that nobody asked for.

The faction creators are usually well aware that requests are processed in bulk. The votes are DISCUSSIONS followed by a vote, not a ''thumbs up'' vote. Discussions take time and they are processed at once once it is finished. You are given an estimate of when the process is started, not when it is ended. Considering you seem to have no relation to the factions, bumping the requests while the owners know better and are more patient, seems arbitrary of you.

That won't change the fact that you don't need 2 weeks for some voting. Not sure how you handle discussions, but I can't remember discussions needing 2+ weeks in my community. And we have probably way more to discuss than you here.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Kazinsal - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 08:27 AM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: That won't change the fact that you don't need 2 weeks for some voting. Not sure how you handle discussions, but I can't remember discussions needing 2+ weeks in my community. And we have probably way more to discuss than you here.

It's been a while since I've been on staff but last time I was, discussions for OF voting and SRPs were very, very thorough.

Deliberation about official factiondom takes time for non-generics because you have to weigh the pros and cons of, among other things, letting a player faction determine the direction of an NPC faction in the future.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - sindroms - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 08:27 AM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: That won't change the fact that you don't need 2 weeks for some voting. Not sure how you handle discussions, but I can't remember discussions needing 2+ weeks in my community. And we have probably way more to discuss than you here.

That sort of attitude shows a complete lack of knowledge of what is expected from the team.
You do not just throw in a new official faction without discussion, especially their IDs. Each one is followed up by links to certain posts of their feedback thread, forum roleplay, potential issues and other related things. It takes time to go through one faction and the team is currently dealing with five of them at the same time.

You seem to be spamming your bumps simply out of having nothing better to do. As a community member you have no obligations and all you are requested to do is to not overstep the rules. You -demanding- something from the staff, especially while having no prior experience in that subject is just annoying.

For the record, I am posting here to tell you that because I, having been a part of the process in the past, just know that nobody is going to even bother responding to your statement here due to the reasons I've described to you above.

(04-16-2018, 08:52 AM)sindroms Wrote:

That sort of attitude shows a complete lack of knowledge of what is expected from the team.
You do not just throw in a new official faction without discussion, especially their IDs. Each one is followed up by links to certain posts of their feedback thread, forum roleplay, potential issues and other related things. It takes time to go through one faction and the team is currently dealing with five of them at the same time.

I never said that you shouldn't discuss it, but whatever, other staff teams are able to vote faster on way more topics which also have higher Inputs into a community.

But people probably like to be lazy and always forgot that they wanted to become a admin who deals with this kind of stuff. If you aren't able to do some simple pre-work then maybe you should do something else.

Or it's just that I'm used to german communities which are working faster and more efficient than this one.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Shelco - 04-16-2018

If you would have taken care of the officialdom requests on time you wouldn’t have as much stress as you do now. Factions should always have the highest priority when you discuss something since official factions are a very major part of what makes playing attractive. For some reason you also managed to give GG- their officialdom almost immediately after 2 months. You should have started voting on DWR in November, as the best example. Maybe schedule your Admin duties a bit better and you won’t have any problems in the future.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Bulldog. - 04-16-2018

Being the faction leader of one of the said factions I feel that admins do need time to discuss things properly. Lambda and Shelco do bring valid points but in my opinion it is better to have something talked and thought about vs a rushed decision. Only thing I might suggest is maybe keeping the faction leader somewhat updated, just a poke or so to say "we are still discussing your app". While being official makes a difference it still does not keep us from playing or RPing. If voting takes a few weeks longer it won't kill us. (Not talking about DWR)