Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=147306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - oZoneRanger - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 08:27 AM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: I can't remember discussions needing 2+ weeks in my community. And we have probably way more to discuss than you here.

(04-16-2018, 09:01 AM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: Or it's just that I'm used to german communities which are working faster and more efficient than this one.

Dude....please...... If you have nothing to do with the factions being voted on, then it seems that all you are trying to do is stir up the feces and turn on the Drama machine and try and make the place smell worse that it already does.

I am not an avid defender of the Admins/Devs or of the many flawed decisions that have been made by them, but if things in that other community of "yours" run better and more efficiently, then please, by all means, do us all a favor and spend more time there than here.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Major. - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 11:26 AM)oZoneRanger Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 08:27 AM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: I can't remember discussions needing 2+ weeks in my community. And we have probably way more to discuss than you here.

(04-16-2018, 09:01 AM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: Or it's just that I'm used to german communities which are working faster and more efficient than this one.

Dude....please...... If you have nothing to do with the factions being voted on, then it seems that all you are trying to do is stir up the feces and turn on the Drama machine and try and make the place smell worse that it already does.

I am not an avid defender of the Admins/Devs or of the many flawed decisions that have been made by them, but if things in that other community of "yours" run better and more efficiently, then please, by all means, do us all a favor and spend more time there than here.

Sorry to disappoint you, I'm part of GMG- which is currently in the vote, so your argument is invalid.

Thanks.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Karlotta - 04-19-2018

In view of the current situation I'd like to suggest that the admins:

- Make the discussions about officialdoms and SRPs public, so players get a better idea of the very totally hard work admins are doing, and a better idea of how to make their proposals more easy to process. There doesn't seem to be the need for secrecy about bad words used by players such as in rule violation reports.

- If you're unable to deliver the things you promised, promise something you can actually deliver instead. You're the ones who design the work load, while the people expecting you to do stuff are only expecting you to do stuff cause you said you'd do it. If stuff aint working out, just say "Stuff aint working out, we will have to prioritize and queue things differently than the way things were 3 or 4 years ago. Its no biggy.

Just say SOMETHING.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Ruairi - 07-03-2018

It would greatly benefit the community if some of the rule clarification posts from January (5-6 months ago) be answered.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Neonzumi - 07-03-2018

[Image: 0dcLlBB.png]

Is calling someone garbage really the way an admin should behave? Sad

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Banned player t202085 - 07-03-2018

(07-03-2018, 12:28 PM)Neon Wrote: [Image: 0dcLlBB.png]

They aren't calling them garbage, they are saying that they were banned for racist and homophobic garbage.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Tunicle - 07-03-2018

(07-03-2018, 12:28 PM)Neon Wrote: [Image: 0dcLlBB.png]

It is the material that is being termed garbage, however reworded to avoid further confusion.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Karlotta - 07-10-2018

I'd like to talk about this in a separate thread because it's very important to me.

Since there was enough derailing and ad hominems in the other thread by several people, I've split this into a separate one.

Would be great if people could refrain from doing the same here. (update: Steiner moved this to flood and then the same people did it again)

(07-09-2018, 04:45 PM)St.Denis Wrote: Now, Karlotta, I have read most, if not all your Posts regarding changes. I have often thought of adding my input, but knowing your 'well publicised view of 'THE BIASED ADMINS', I have refrained from doing so, because I feel if I say anything negative (even it is a small something), that you will jump and instantly say "see, I told you the Admins are biased and have it in for me". Have you ever thought that maybe this is why the Admins keep quiet when you go on your Crusade of 'I know better than everyone else, including those useless, biased Admins'.

You had a long History, even when I joined this Community in 2011, with the Admins. The running battles I saw on the Forums between you and them. But the problem I have is, that was 7 years ago and a lot of Admins have been and gone, over those years. The people you started the battle with retired years ago. Yet you still have this ongoing vendetta against people, some of whom weren't even playing then.

Some of the present Admins are ones that agreed to let you come back, but still, somehow, we are still the bad guys. If we didn't want you here, you wouldn't have been allowed , legally, back. You then could have carried on your ageless battle, against the Forces of Evil. But you you were allowed back and yet you still have this paranoid theory that the 'ADMINS ARE OUT TO GET ME'.

It might surprise you to know, that the day doesn't start with/end with discussions about Karlotta. You are just not that important. You are one of the Community and your opinion is worth and equal amount as everyone else.

Well St Denis, thank you very much for finally talking to me about what you think. There are a few things in your post, and some things that are implicit with them, that I'd like to answer to individually.

Implicit in all you say is that everything I criticize about admins is posted simply because I think they're out to get me and I want to get back at... who ever... and that everything I say is purely out of personal hatred against all admins.

It's not.

By doing this:

(07-09-2018, 04:45 PM)St.Denis Wrote: Now, Karlotta, I have read most, if not all your Posts regarding changes. I have often thought of adding my input, but knowing your 'well publicised view of 'THE BIASED ADMINS', I have refrained from doing so, because I feel if I say anything negative (even it is a small something), that you will jump and instantly say "see, I told you the Admins are biased and have it in for me". Have you ever thought that maybe this is why the Admins keep quiet when you go on your Crusade of 'I know better than everyone else, including those useless, biased Admins'.

you're falling into the circular logic and self-fulfilling prophesy trap started by the few admins who said "Karlotta isn't saying that because of what we did, but because she hates all admins, so she hates you too as an admin" in 2009:

By not replying to me because of what you were led to believe, you're displaying obvious bias against me. Then I'll tell you that you're being biased by not replying to me (which is true, as you have said there). Then you'll feel confirmed for thinking I'm thinking you're biased, and in everything people told you about me. You'll feel confirmed in your bias and keep being biased against me, and its a never ending circle.

The only ways to break this circle is to engage in actual factual arguments with me and find out if its true that I'm just posting because I have a personal fetish for hating admins, or if there's actually a good reason why I'm saying what I'm saying.

(07-09-2018, 04:45 PM)St.Denis Wrote: You had a long History, even when I joined this Community in 2011, with the Admins. The running battles I saw on the Forums between you and them. But the problem I have is, that was 7 years ago and a lot of Admins have been and gone, over those years. The people you started the battle with retired years ago. Yet you still have this ongoing vendetta against people, some of whom weren't even playing then.

I'd like to know who you think I have a Vendetta against and why exactly you think it's a Vendetta and not factual disagreements and justified criticisms. For now I'll assuming its about me criticizing the admin team for not responding to the rules rewrite, which was, just like I said and you have confirmed, because of your bias against me. I thereby also see my criticisms as confirmed and justified, because according to the rules it's an admin's job to not be biased towards players in their actions as admins. This goes especially when it comes to not acting for the good of the whole server like it does for the rule rewrite and the help system, because of personal bias.

(07-09-2018, 04:45 PM)St.Denis Wrote: Some of the present Admins are ones that agreed to let you come back, but still, somehow, we are still the bad guys. If we didn't want you here, you wouldn't have been allowed , legally, back. You then could have carried on your ageless battle, against the Forces of Evil. But you you were allowed back and yet you still have this paranoid theory that the 'ADMINS ARE OUT TO GET ME'.

Instead of putting words into my mouth, please use my actual words and not the words that previous admins have also put in my mouth.

There were factually correct criticisms I made about the old admin team (and sometimes certain admins) before you were admins, and there factually correct criticisms I made about the admin team now, which are less severe but still accurate.

You could have easily avoided them by not giving me the silent treatment because of ideas you received from previous arguments with admins, in a time when I wasn't able to fully give my side of the story, when I couldn't respond to what people told you behind my back, when my posts were being censored and sometimes edited by other admins and mods, and when you had no way of knowing if the person who was alleged to be Karlotta was actually me (there were a few but not many I'm aware of, not knowing how many of them may also have been censored).

(07-09-2018, 04:45 PM)St.Denis Wrote: It might surprise you to know, that the day doesn't start with/end with discussions about Karlotta. You are just not that important. You are one of the Community and your opinion is worth and equal amount as everyone else.

I may not be important, but some of the issues I raise are, if you care about improving the game and community cohesion. I'm still hoping we can engage in rational discussions without brushing everything off as opinion, based on one's own opinion of someone and not based on the factual content of what is being said.

There's a good reason why argumentum ad hominem is considered a fallacious argumentative strategy, and I wish people could rise above it and not constantly and openly use it against me, while accusing me of using rational arguments against someone's actions simply because I allegedly hate them.

Showing me that they can do that is entirely in the power of the admins.

There's nothing I can do to change the mind of someone who refuses to engage in a proper conversation. (which I acknowledge you tried to have in the green room about a year ago, but which alley and sindroms did everything to sabotage at the time)

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - St.Denis - 07-10-2018

You appear to be an intelligent and articulate person, but it would appear that you have never understood that it is not necessarily what you say that is the problem, but the way you say it. There again, as I don't know you, you may say/write things in such a way to appear abrasive. You can have the most truthful, important information to impart to people, but if you 'put their backs up', they instantly become less responsive to what you have to say, even to the point of totally ignoring it. This, to, is Human Nature.

I don't feel I am biased against you, per se, but, I suppose, it can be deemed as being biased that I don't involve myself in your Threads, because of the way you talk 'down' to people. This is my opinion/perception, of you, and has nothing to do with 'conversations' with previous Admins (most of whom I know little of).

If you talk to people, who know me, I am sure you can find out that I have my own mind. I am not in any cliques and have little interaction, via any of the available forms of Communication, with the Community.

This is not me having 'a go at you' but trying to explain where i supposedly sit in your perceived vicious circle of reasons why, real or perceived.

I don't wish you any ill will and if you feel that you can talk to me, as an equal, then feel free to talk.

Hopefully this has put to rest some perceived misconceptions.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Karlotta - 07-11-2018

I can talk to as equals with anyone who does the same. If you're referring to some jokes I made that suggest I can't, they were directed at people who had refused to talk to me as an equal. (remember sindroms and alley in the green room?)