Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=147306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Sturmwind - 07-19-2018

I guess it's gonna be trial and error then.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - The Sovereign - 07-19-2018

So far I'm enjoying denial of the meme names.

I'm sorry, but I think that's an extremely vague category.

In addition, we're talking forum names, not in-game RP names. I'm not aware of any guidelines forbidding "meme names."

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - The Sovereign - 07-19-2018

-- Administrators are obliged:
To develop and safeguard the health of the Discovery Freelancer community, official server, and forums.

It's one thing to post memes, bait and troll around in flood, where we prefer that type of thing kept, but I will continue denying names like

"An actual AK-74m assault rifle" or "Banzai Charge"

I do not intend to bait, troll or post memes, I'm sorry if it appears that way. I just want a new username that sounds better than the lame, generic one I have now.

I guess I'll have to keep trying, since this "safeguarding the health of the Discovery community" rule set is an extremely vague guideline and gives the administration the power to arbitrarily do anything they feel like doing, including messing with me by denying pretty much any name I choose.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - ~Chio - 08-05-2018

Greetings admin team,
first let me say something very simple at the very beginning of this reply. I am here to say what are admins doing wrong. These past couple of months admins were doing many things wrong which has made me to do something about it. I don't like how admins solve issues in this game/community. I am not the only rebel out there, I am sure. Let me also add that if you are an admin and you think that you can do whatever you want, that's not correct. I am not saying that every admin is behaving like that, I am saying that when you accept someone in your admin team, you cant just let him/her to do whatever he/she wants. I think that I should now get into the main thing that has happened to me yesterday, which really made me dissapointed of the admin team.

I started trading for a bit because I need to save some money for a capital ship. I usually get bored when I am trading, which did not happen to me this time. I must to admit that I actually enjoyed flying thru some of the beautiful systems. Of course as always, something will ruin this which I did not expect AT ALL (Not a pirate). Suddenly I saw a message that admin "Skorak" typed in the console saying that the server is lagging and it needs to get restarted. He said that 2 times in the 2 different console messages. I was in a group with one of my friends. I was fine with that of course, but then I decided to do something. I wrote in the group chat "Don't restart the server." Shortly after that, "Skorak" said in the console mentioning my character name "Midnight.Magicial" that he needs to restart the server because of the "lag." By saying that in the group chat "Don't restart the server" I did not mean to provocate him or even to offend him. Sometimes admins like "Skorak" go wild in the console chat and punish those who said something "unwanted", of course. So after he had written that message in the console, something happened. I know that you can guess this one! He actually blew my ship together with my cargo as well as my money which I had paid to make some profit. He also spent some of my time by doing this. After this I realised something. I realised that admins like "Skorak" don't deserve to have that rank of an admin.

Now after I said this, will you really stand on the admins side? By saying in the group chat "Don't restart the server" that shouldn't OFFEND ANYONE as well as NOT PROVOCATE ANYONE. Now I want this to stop once forever.

To be honest, I know that the admins won't return my money back, incase they want I lost 32.5M which I had spent to buy that cargo and I lost 34.5M of pure profit as well as some time and I was nearly at the end of the route.

This is not the end of the story. After the server had restarted I PM'd "Skorak" ingame to ask him why he blew my ship away and what was the point of that. He was even RUDE to me. That really really has made me angry about his move. I have an evidence. Admins as admins should make the community PROUD of having a great admin team by helping other people. Admins should help others but not to be RUDE/OFFENSIVE at anyone.

[04.08.2018 18:25:58] Death: Midnight.Magical was divided by zero.

[04.08.2018 18:43:20] Midnight.Magical: //Now I want answers.
[04.08.2018 18:43:35] Midnight.Magical: //Why am I killed? I said in group chat dont restart the server
[04.08.2018 18:43:42] Midnight.Magical: //What is the point of killing me?
[04.08.2018 18:43:55] Midnight.Magical: //I did not say anything offensive
[04.08.2018 18:43:59] [Admin]Skorak: //Yeah I'm trying to frantically fix the lag and have to see your stupid messages.

"Skorak", thanks for your kind words. This is an example of killing a great game. Have a nice day.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Sombs - 08-05-2018

Why do you refer to multiple instances of admins "killing" the game? What else happened?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - E X O D I T E - 08-05-2018

So you lost 60 mil? I lost my entire load of cargo when I got my shiny new EMP Flak on Maxi, but then I realize that this game is over a decade and a half old and that stuff happens. I understand your frustration at losing the last 20 minutes of hauling, but it's better you lose that than we all lose the results of the last 13 years of Disco because the server coughs and dies, possibly forever.

Ammunition can be re-plenished, credits re-earned. Blaming the few people willing to put up with the thankless job of running the server is not going to endear you to them for when their attempts to fix my constant yellow-lagging are an infinitely more pressing concern.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - ~Chio - 08-05-2018

(08-05-2018, 08:45 AM)Exo the Plier Guy Wrote: So you lost 60 mil? I lost my entire load of cargo when I got my shiny new EMP Flak on Maxi, but then I realize that this game is over a decade and a half old and that stuff happens. I understand your frustration at losing the last 20 minutes of hauling, but it's better you lose that than we all lose the results of the last 13 years of Disco because the server coughs and dies, possibly forever.

Ammunition can be re-plenished, credits re-earned. Blaming the few people willing to put up with the thankless job of running the server is not going to endear you to them for when their attempts to fix my constant yellow-lagging are an infinitely more pressing concern.
"thankless job of running the server" stop making me laugh please... First of all I don't like when you are protecting them for killing other over nothing. Second of all I don't care what you've lost. I am here to fix something not to support their "hard-work."

And by the way, killing traders won't fix the lag.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - E X O D I T E - 08-05-2018

I sincerely doubt Skorak was smiting players out of the sky. You have have been killed by an NPC, or by a pirate player getting killstealed by an NPC, or something. Did you alt tab to find out you had been divided by zero, or did you just randomly die?