Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=147306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Corile - 08-28-2018

Hello.

About a month ago I submitted a faction perk request for Custodi and since then received no updates on it. Could we get back on the status of that request?

Thanks.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Corile - 08-30-2018

bump?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Corile - 09-02-2018

bump 2?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Kauket - 09-08-2018

[Image: min5pRZ.png]

The request I sent in wasn't fulfilled properly.

This isn't a +1.0 rephack. It's rephacked to +0.7. I can't get the IFF.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Karst - 09-20-2018

Big kudos for the Cultist action in Lost. I'm sure a lot of people have appreciated the chance to use their caps against targets requiring unconventional tactics.
However, I wish there were a bit more....fairplay from them Cultist side. There's a general principle of roleplaying that the DM and the players should never be enemies.
Overpowered ships, that's fine, that's part of the event and the challenge. But when a nearly-dead overpowered ship starts basehugging, that just seems like bad sportsmanship. It's already a situation in which players are at a severe disadvantage, and may only be motivated by the hope for rewards, rather than gameplay enjoyment.
If a super-OP ship is about to die, just let it. The players have earned it, don't make it any more difficult for them when they're struggling and dying anyway.
That's not the only situation, either. I heard from a player that was being CD'd constantly and prevented from joining the fight, and there were other situations that seemed more like players trying to work against other players, rather than gamemasters trying to make a fun experience.

This is very cool type of event overall, but you were being entirely too harsh on the playerbase. Please keep that in mind and concede a little bit more next time.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - The Sovereign - 09-20-2018

(09-20-2018, 09:15 PM)Karst Wrote: Big kudos for the Cultist action in Lost. I'm sure a lot of people have appreciated the chance to use their caps against targets requiring unconventional tactics.
However, I wish there were a bit more....fairplay from them Cultist side. There's a general principle of roleplaying that the DM and the players should never be enemies.
Overpowered ships, that's fine, that's part of the event and the challenge. But when a nearly-dead overpowered ship starts basehugging, that just seems like bad sportsmanship. It's already a situation in which players are at a severe disadvantage, and may only be motivated by the hope for rewards, rather than gameplay enjoyment.
If a super-OP ship is about to die, just let it. The players have earned it, don't make it any more difficult for them when they're struggling and dying anyway.
That's not the only situation, either. I heard from a player that was being CD'd constantly and prevented from joining the fight, and there were other situations that seemed more like players trying to work against other players, rather than gamemasters trying to make a fun experience.

This is very cool type of event overall, but you were being entirely too harsh on the playerbase. Please keep that in mind and concede a little bit more next time.

We learnt a few things from the whole event ourselves.

1. More people logged than I expected, and less did as well.
2. While we need the powerful ships to handle the sheer weight of people that are directed our way, it's hard to strike the correct balance with this style of thing, due to the unique nature of the event.

It's the first time we've had so many Cultists, and the first time they've been respawning in such numbers as well. Balance was probably off for most people, and while I can freely admit to feeling overwhelmed by the tactics that came for us, I know that most of you did as well when we focused on one of you.

The Corona ships, while fun, will definitely be much less frequently appearing, their potential for damage completely excessive when coupled with the survivability the ships have.

All the above said. This was intended to be hard. It was meant for players to have to break conventional friendships and work together to overcome a larger threat. There were undertones of story, implied by the Mako and Osiris. I do agree that we were too harsh this time, but we hope you can understand that it was not meant to be as such, more that we are attempting to do something new, and have to fine tune while we do.

If it is any reassurance to those of you who felt it was unfair, you have struck a major blow against the cultists, and even as we attempt to fine tune our approach to them, future cultist events will reflect the significant injuries they took today.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Sombs - 09-20-2018

Thanks for the event, greens and green-friends! Constructive feedback will be provided via PM if requested.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Karst - 09-20-2018

(09-20-2018, 09:44 PM)Flame-Touched Wrote: We learnt a few things from the whole event ourselves.

1. More people logged than I expected, and less did as well.
2. While we need the powerful ships to handle the sheer weight of people that are directed our way, it's hard to strike the correct balance with this style of thing, due to the unique nature of the event.

It's the first time we've had so many Cultists, and the first time they've been respawning in such numbers as well. Balance was probably off for most people, and while I can freely admit to feeling overwhelmed by the tactics that came for us, I know that most of you did as well when we focused on one of you.

The Corona ships, while fun, will definitely be much less frequently appearing, their potential for damage completely excessive when coupled with the survivability the ships have.

All the above said. This was intended to be hard. It was meant for players to have to break conventional friendships and work together to overcome a larger threat. There were undertones of story, implied by the Mako and Osiris. I do agree that we were too harsh this time, but we hope you can understand that it was not meant to be as such, more that we are attempting to do something new, and have to fine tune while we do.

If it is any reassurance to those of you who felt it was unfair, you have struck a major blow against the cultists, and even as we attempt to fine tune our approach to them, future cultist events will reflect the significant injuries they took today.

Cool. Like I said, I think it's a great idea to have dynamic fights with quasi-sieges, it's a great concept. It just needs some finetuning, and a bit more restraint from the cultist pilots, to become a great event type.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Kauket - 09-21-2018

yeah tidbits like the cultists killing the other cultist when they're away from others to reset their health after working on trying to hit them is incredibly lame. I watched it happen in the death screen, and I knew I was away from other players when the Vagrant died.

Otherwise, event was perfectly fine, excluding what Karst mentioned.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/432980094546477056/492429886309269511/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/432980094546477056/492429928239857694/unknown.png

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Enkidu - 09-21-2018

Just a quick reminder that the @"Battlegroup Harmony" / @Hellfire Legion v @The Syndicate Leagues / @Gaian Guard war depends upon UN|'s Vespucci ZOI range extension perk.

Hellfire and Union would love to see that request processed pretty soon.