Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=147306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Connor - 10-06-2018

Quote: Hopefully something ends up revealing what's behind these issues.

Maybe it's your bad internet.

These kind of events are good and give some nice interaction. Alley used to do it a while ago with PoBs where Nomads would defend the base against an onslaught of LN back in the day. She'd spawn in NPCs to help us. That was a lot of fun so I say keep doing it.

Edit: It might be worth planning some dates and times with factions so they can log stuff with NPCs and make it publicly known. Mini events as such.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Saronsen - 10-06-2018

(10-06-2018, 08:26 AM)Snoopy Wrote: Maybe it's your bad internet.

Mm, no, everything else internet related functioned quite fine. Went and played World of Tanks immediately afterwards, europe servers, no lag, no funny jittery stuff.

Just happens repeatedly during admin events.

I get it, Freelancer is old and busted, but it's a bit too convenient to say 'just ur internet'

So like I said, I'll just avoid coming to the events, saves everyone trouble and no ones feelings get hurt.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Alley - 10-06-2018

(10-06-2018, 08:46 AM)Saronsen Wrote:
(10-06-2018, 08:26 AM)Snoopy Wrote: Maybe it's your bad internet.

Mm, no, everything else internet related functioned quite fine. Went and played World of Tanks immediately afterwards, europe servers, no lag, no funny jittery stuff.

Just happens repeatedly during admin events.

I get it, Freelancer is old and busted, but it's a bit too convenient to say 'just ur internet'

So like I said, I'll just avoid coming to the events, saves everyone trouble and no ones feelings get hurt.

A lot of it has to do with Directplay and FL's multiplayer design. Nowadays prediction is heavily used to smooth out packet loss, but there is absolutely none in FL.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Corile - 10-06-2018

(08-28-2018, 07:49 PM)Corile Wrote: Hello.

About a month ago I submitted a faction perk request for Custodi and since then received no updates on it. Could we get back on the status of that request?

Thanks.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Corile - 10-19-2018

(10-06-2018, 09:46 AM)Corile Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 07:49 PM)Corile Wrote: Hello.

About a month ago I submitted a faction perk request for Custodi and since then received no updates on it. Could we get back on the status of that request?

Thanks.

Hello it's been like 3 months now.

edit: Thanks Alley <3

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Mephistoles - 10-26-2018

Hello,

As per a short discussion in Discord, there is a very slight oversight in the server rules:

Quote:Tangent_TurnerToday at 7:52 PM
Is a gunboat considered a cruiser or battleship?

SyfToday at 7:52 PM
A gunboat is a gunboat.

JorgeRyanToday at 7:53 PM
It's its own distinct class of ship

This is technically incorrect as according to this post in the server rules the gunboat is not its own class. However, we are all entirely familiar with the fact that really it is, particularly as referenced in IDs. As a result this minor oversight could stand to be corrected by adding gunboats and gunships to their own category.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Emperor Tekagi - 11-02-2018

Good day. I just have a question, I've observed a relatively strange scene in Delta just a few mins ago. I didn't know it was a thing to transfer Sci-Data as inRP transfer (I assume the mentioned payment was done) just like this. Given it's limited availability actually just through event means, I am pretty confused if it's all possibly to buy off Sci-Data for credits from Admins now. Would be pretty good to have clarification on this, on a public level.
And before some touchy people think stuff, I would have asked this no matter who made this transfer with the Admin IDed ship

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Piombo65 - 11-02-2018

(11-02-2018, 11:05 PM)NieRdackel Wrote: Good day. I just have a question, I've observed a relatively strange scene in Delta just a few mins ago. I didn't know it was a thing to transfer Sci-Data as inRP transfer (I assume the mentioned payment was done) just like this. Given it's limited availability actually just through event means, I am pretty confused if it's all possibly to buy off Sci-Data for credits from Admins now. Would be pretty good to have clarification on this, on a public level.
And before some touchy people think stuff, I would have asked this no matter who made this transfer with the Admin IDed ship

*"Indeed" intensifies.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Kauket - 11-02-2018

(11-02-2018, 11:05 PM)NieRdackel Wrote: Good day. I just have a question, I've observed a relatively strange scene in Delta just a few mins ago. I didn't know it was a thing to transfer Sci-Data as inRP transfer (I assume the mentioned payment was done) just like this. Given it's limited availability actually just through event means, I am pretty confused if it's all possibly to buy off Sci-Data for credits from Admins now. Would be pretty good to have clarification on this, on a public level.

Skorak did the unknown research vessel that would occassionally appear months ago with sci data weapons and sci data that could be purchased, this is probably for the people who can't attend the npc events as an alternative. You can consider it a type of an event, though unannounced through word of mouth.

It's good that Baro Ki'teer broke the fourth wall and appeared in both games on the same day I mean what.

also lol making a fuss out of something that didnt happen

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Emperor Tekagi - 11-02-2018

Oi, that's actually quite a cool idea. Good one from Skorak there, it was that unknown that I fully forgot about this possibility to exist. Hm..
Prepares to bribe Skorak to know when and where it appears, alternatively plots how to kill the ship, ignoring its Admin shields