Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=147306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - St.Denis - 11-04-2018

(11-04-2018, 05:36 PM)Riehl Wrote: UN has been waiting around two months for the ZOI vote response so we can participate in the Vespucci conflict we've been RPing out.

Our activity is very low right now. This is a conflict HF supports.

We would love an outcome soon. Many thanks.

If you care to look at your ID, you will see that your ZOI was extended. This was done on the 21st of September.

It was decided that Vespucci was a System too far.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Enkidu - 11-05-2018

(11-04-2018, 06:49 PM)St.Denis Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 05:36 PM)Riehl Wrote: UN has been waiting around two months for the ZOI vote response so we can participate in the Vespucci conflict we've been RPing out.

Our activity is very low right now. This is a conflict HF supports.

We would love an outcome soon. Many thanks.

If you care to look at your ID, you will see that your ZOI was extended. This was done on the 21st of September.

It was decided that Vespucci was a System too far.

I genuinely have no idea why none of us noticed this. Huh.

Thanks, sorry for insisting over something already done.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Kauket - 11-07-2018

Quote: Fighters: Light Fighters, Heavy Fighters, Very Heavy Fighters, Super Heavy Fighters and Bombers
Freighters: Trader ships with cargo holds smaller than 650 units
Transports: Trader ships with cargo holds larger than 650 units, including Liners
Cruisers: Destroyers, Cruisers and Battlecruisers
Battleships: Battleships, Dreadnoughts, Juggernauts and Carriers
Capital Ships: Gunboats, all Cruisers and all Battleships

why are gunboats now classed as capital ships?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Aristaan - 11-07-2018

Factions with ID's restricting their use of capital ships in systems with a jump gate (Order, Core) are greatly affected by this change. Gunboats should be classed as their own class, to include explorers in their listing, such as the Corvo (My recommendation).

Edit: I suppose the wording on most ID's states "Cruisers and Battleships" so the impact is possibly lower than anticipated. It should be taken into account and thoroughly verified that this ideal does not inadvertently damage any faction's rights.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Skorak - 11-07-2018

This page has not been edited since August 2017.
I checked every edit since its creation. The ship part has never been touched. It has always been like this.

Only systems kept getting edited as they got deleted and such.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Skorak - 11-07-2018

But you reminded me to actually put in my updated draft with the systems in it.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Lythrilux - 11-07-2018

Yeah that was something I noticed and had the Core ID changed because of it.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Enkidu - 11-11-2018

Firstly, I love the current changes the admin team has done. You're understaffed and stressed, but have done amazing work and are possibly the best team combo in disco history from my subjective perspective. You've handled everything well recently, and whilst I might occasionally seem over-questioning, it's usually to provide my HC with information due to my 1ic role.

This came just after a really good fight between both Harmony, Seperatist Indies and a few UN ships, so people were feeling reasonably good. I didn't want to send this in as a report as I think the admin involved was just a little tense or stressed at the time.

Just after the fight, I sent a PM to Skorak's H|SNS-Harmony unique ship to ask if they could help me with a lost ships request (that St Dennis recently saved us from). I thanked them over fight quality just after changing ships to a Rheinland LWB pirate fighter from a Bering-based Roc bomber.

I am harvest moon and warhawk one.

I'm not unsympathetic. I like Skorak and Admin work, especially dealing with us OFLs, is difficult. I get that we are pushy and don't always appreciate the internal processes. I get that different people do different things, and that StDennis handled my request really quickly.

If Skorak had said "I'm busy" or "I can't do that right now, ask someone else" (as they eventually did), instead of leading with "[11.11.2018 10:50:01] H|-SNS-Harmony: //Annoying me with admin stuff. Which is why I will not do it now" followed by "You're annoying" , could easily be interpreted as Oorp bias, or not doing admin work because the idea of doing admin work, for someone who is annoying, annoys them.

If I didn't know Skorak pretty well I would have assumed that they were behaving capriciously. The community needs to be aware that Admins don't discriminate between who is "annoying" and who isn't. Not everyone can please everyone. But everyone can understand "I'm busy", or "I'm busy and I can't do that right now, I'll pass your message along".

I reckon Skorak was more annoyed at something unrelated and I got the brunt of it. I just want to remind the staff that: 1.2 Flaming, insulting, trolling and harassing other players applies to us all. I went away and cooked some lunch and did some light after that encounter, waited till I had a clear head, and wrote this.

"Sorry, I'm busy right now, ask another staff member" takes a second to write, and is much less stressful (and yes, also less "annoying") than an exchange like the above.

Food for thought. Thank you again to the admin team at large, including Skorak, who are usually exemplary.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Venkman - 11-11-2018

Skorak is an admin, but he's also a player. Harassing him in-game about admin stuff or w/e is annoying and you should stop.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Enkidu - 11-11-2018

(11-11-2018, 12:30 PM)Venkman Wrote: Skorak is an admin, but he's also a player. Harassing him in-game about your SRP or w/e is annoying and you should stop.

You didn't read the post, did you?

I offered some unemotive thoughts on a situation. You don't need to jump on this, Venk. I also spend 2/3rds of the post thanking the admin team for doing a good job and putting up with pushy OFL requests, and for Skorak's faction for providing good encounters.