Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=147306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Venkman - 11-11-2018

(11-11-2018, 12:30 PM)Riehl Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 12:30 PM)Venkman Wrote: Skorak is an admin, but he's also a player. Harassing him in-game about your SRP or w/e is annoying and you should stop.

You didn't read the post, did you?

Let me rephrase it for you so you could understand. - Stop being annoying -
Thanks.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Enkidu - 11-11-2018

(11-11-2018, 12:32 PM)Venkman Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 12:30 PM)Riehl Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 12:30 PM)Venkman Wrote: Skorak is an admin, but he's also a player. Harassing him in-game about your SRP or w/e is annoying and you should stop.

You didn't read the post, did you?

Let me rephrase it for you so you could understand. - Stop being annoying -
Thanks.

Can we have a moderator here?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Venkman - 11-11-2018

To remove all your shit? Yes please.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - The Sovereign - 11-11-2018

If I have to refresh this thread and find another post by either of you I'm going to be mad.

Admins are players as well, and poking someone that is on a personal ship to do something that you have admitted is being handled by another admin is nothing less than impatience.

Likewise, Skorak should not have been so abrupt with you.

TL;DR: Do not ask admins to do admin things that other admins are doing while on personal ships and then be surprised that they find it annoying.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - St.Denis - 11-11-2018

Please note, this is an Admin Feedback Thread, not an everyone can have a discussion Thread.

Please take your squabbles to another medium of communication.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - St.Denis - 11-11-2018

(11-11-2018, 12:37 PM)Small Might Wrote: If I have to refresh this thread and find another post by either of you I'm going to be mad.

Admins are players as well, and poking someone that is on a personal ship to do something that you have admitted is being handled by another admin is nothing less than impatience.

Likewise, Skorak should not have been so abrupt with you.

TL;DR: Do not ask admins to do admin things that other admins are doing while on personal ships and then be surprised that they find it annoying.

In response to this, I never told him that I was doing it. I informed him, after the effect, by pm with the movecodes.

As for, contacting an Admin, when he is 'playing', yes it can be annoying. I suppose it becomes a lot more easier to find the Admins when you know what Ships they fly (it is why I like to keep most of my Ships anonymous).

I do believe, seeing as most of you are on Discord, that there is a 'Room' where you can talk to nearly all the Admins.

It would probably be prudent to use that form of Communication in the future, as, I believe, that is what it is there for.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Enkidu - 11-17-2018

So I ask Skorak a question ingame because I had a member saying that the Harmony was jumping without FX, after being in range of the Harmony:

Getting no answer for why this was happening, I assumed Beam was used. I took this to discord:

Skorak, if somebody sees your ship jumping without FX then immediately jumping again to another system, we don't have any proof on the user's end that you wern't using beam. Just say:

"No, I was not using beam", and it would have ended at that. Don't kick me from the Discovery discord as it's important for me to network there with people other than you, and certainly don't say "this is the last time I respond to a UN PM".

Don't make your personal issues everyone's issue.

This is the second time now. Fix your attitude to questions. I was generous the first time but now you're genuinely letting your personal feelings towards me get in the way.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - The Sovereign - 11-17-2018

Honey BadgerToday at 8:05 PM
Literlaly just watched an admin beam them self away from me

TanithToday at 8:07 PM
Erm, the Harmony is dodging encounters using Beam.
We're currently trying to get video of it, but it's jumping around like a jackrabbit faster than a drive charge time between systems.(edited)
I asked calmly about it and my response was "aha".
SkorakToday at 8:08 PM
Aha.
Ever heard of Jump Drives?
TanithToday at 8:09 PM
Sure. We had a snub near you that says they saw no FX.
Jump drives give off FX.
SkorakToday at 8:09 PM
They were either out of range or not paying attention.
It might not spawn if you enter the range after it started.
TanithToday at 8:09 PM
What's the FX range?
Fair enough. That is a known bug.
How did you get from Alaska to Cortez in 2 minutes?
SkorakToday at 8:10 PM
By jumping
You can jump twice
TanithToday at 8:10 PM
What's your jump drive class?
SkorakToday at 8:10 PM
I jumped into a mine field
so I had to jump elsewhere
TanithToday at 8:11 PM
Alright. Next time respond ingame.
SkorakToday at 8:11 PM
No
Absolutely not
This "Tanith is annoying" attitude you have is causing you problems.
SkorakToday at 8:11 PM
This is the last time I will EVER respond to a UN PM
Yeah, you're shit at this.

I'm going to say this once. This is the second time that UN has come without proof to lay blame at a member of the admin team, and then been "upset" when the person in question responds, first with logic, and then with a normal human reaction when UN continues to place the blame on them, instead of owning up to jumping the gun every time.

Stop being a hypocrite, and causing situations by aggravating issues that are not issues until you decide they are, pointing fingers without proof.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Enkidu - 11-17-2018

(11-17-2018, 07:23 PM)Small Might Wrote: Stop being a hypocrite, and causing situations by aggravating issues that are not issues until you decide they are, pointing fingers without proof.

Why is the onus of proof on me? I had a member say that the harmony vanished in front of them without using jump FX.

Plus, I just gave you the full logs you quoted, buster. Which only makes me think you didn't read my post before rushing to the rescue.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - The Sovereign - 11-17-2018

And then an explanation was provided. However, instead of first checking facts, you instantly went to place blame.