Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=147306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - SnakThree - 12-01-2018

Thank you for updating rephack and technerf files on Mactan Network.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Aristaan - 12-01-2018

Admins,
I've been made painfully aware that there is a failure in a level of transparency among the team, as I've requested something - a unique ship - that has been approved, but kept out of my reach. With this being said, I've been given reasons, though completely unclear, yet other members of the staff cannot provide me significant enough information to know what to expect, and to be honest, it is completely stressing me out, and sinking in ever-growing doubts about the complacency of the current staff. If the team could provide me sufficient information on what is going on, what I need to do, and what I can expect (preferably in PM, since the reasons I've been given vary), you'd take a load of assumptions out of the picture, and provide me with much needed ease on the subject. I've been waiting years for this thing, and put countless hours into it, and I'd just like to know why we're at a standstill.
Many thanks,
Aristaan

Edit: Link to the approved request.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Enkidu - 12-02-2018

(12-01-2018, 05:40 PM)Aristaan Wrote: Admins,
I've been made painfully aware that there is a failure in a level of transparency among the team, as I've requested something - a unique ship - that has been approved, but kept out of my reach. With this being said, I've been given reasons, though completely unclear, yet other members of the staff cannot provide me significant enough information to know what to expect, and to be honest, it is completely stressing me out, and sinking in ever-growing doubts about the complacency of the current staff. If the team could provide me sufficient information on what is going on, what I need to do, and what I can expect (preferably in PM, since the reasons I've been given vary), you'd take a load of assumptions out of the picture, and provide me with much needed ease on the subject. I've been waiting years for this thing, and put countless hours into it, and I'd just like to know why we're at a standstill.
Many thanks,
Aristaan

Edit: Link to the approved request.

Made short and sweet for brevity - Admins can view the edit history if they so choose:

I've heard there's some rustlings with the UN HQ unique ship, but money hasn't been taken yet. I thought money was to be taken at the start of a vote - correct me if I'm wrong about that, though. I am being patient. I realise this is also probably a short-term oversight and will be corrected anyway.

Money is still on the UN|GEIST-KKS-Srene.

I'm not buttering your bread here in the light of the post above.

Yesterday genuinely was the best event I've ever been in on Discovery. The admin element to the interaction was superbly handled. @Skorak did an exceptional job ingame with the event irrespective of anything. @Durandal (who isn't an admin, but I want to kudos him anyway - he'll read this) conducted himself exceptionally InRp.

Both teams improvised extremely well when the NPCs didn't work as planned, with a lot of stiff players (including myself) around wondering how things were going to shake out. It seems they turned out fascinatingly.

[Image: qwRtMGt.gif]

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Skorak - 12-02-2018

I was merely guarding and making sure people would stick to the rules as much as you can in a mess of at one point 60 players.

Xalrok and Durandal ran most of the event with support from the event team for the cruisers.

(12-02-2018, 10:54 AM)Skorak Wrote: I was merely guarding and making sure people would stick to the rules as much as you can in a mess of at one point 60 players.

Xalrok and Durandal ran most of the event with support from the event team for the cruisers.

You did a killer job of it. You zapped caps very effectively before they killed anyone - it's hard to keep focused even on big ships in a sixty player soup.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - SnakThree - 12-03-2018

Thank you for fixing some leftover rephacks for Ageira Innovations ID.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Lythrilux - 12-12-2018

(11-30-2018, 08:50 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 07:42 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: So regarding the Core request that just passed, is that just for the ID line discussion? Is the one about Gallia still being discussed?

Also, on that note, what can be done about Core demanding contraband in the Omegas? It's entirely my fault that in my attempt to simplify the ID, I omitted this in the rework, but it does kind of suck that it can't do that anymore.

My suggestion was to avoid making the ID more complex by adding new lines, instead of reworking existing ones, but perhaps that's the only way forward that would please the Staff.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Shinju - 12-16-2018

Hello.

Was there any particular reason why @Corile 's posts in Event Rerun thread were invised? As far as I know there wasn't anything rule breaking and it was involved with OP.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Lythrilux - 12-23-2018

Whislt I wholeheartedly appreciate the effort put into the anomaly mini-events, I have to raise an eyebrow at the bubble-like nature of them.

Just a while ago, an anomaly event happened in Omicron Delta and myself and several other Core ships went to go investigate. When we got there, we saw a couple Order ships, and the area was quickly filling up with third parties. I don't need to go into depth on our RP, but anomalies that could be alien in nature or hold significant scientific, economical or military potential are basically our MO. If we then see a couple of our mortal enemies hovering around it in front of us, this rings alarm bells. Especially if it's all happening in our backyard. So as you can imagine, the approach we would take would be to flush the zone of hostiles before trying to establish control of the situation.

So to be told by the console that we're prohibited from doing that and have to sit and watch just feels very immersion breaking. Maybe the intent is to raise maximum participation and ensure everyone gets a piece of the pie and so the event follows a structure; but isn't the point of roleplay interactions to be spontaneous and dynamic? Overriding RP in a live roleplay environment for something like this just feels weird.

Say Wild/Nomads turned up, would they just be expected to sit idly by whilst a bunch of humans mess with what could potentially be a remnant of DK?

Granted, I don't know if things changed later on as I had to log off. But for these kinds of events do we just have to forgo our RP or what? The concept of that feels a little weird.