Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=147306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Aristaan - 12-23-2018

Would have been nice to be able to participate, instead of without a deadline, the jumphole just closes 2.6k in front of my ship before I could use it. Not to mention the consistently poor timing for North American players. Hope people had fun in there.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Cursetantine - 12-23-2018

(12-23-2018, 06:26 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Say Wild/Nomads turned up, would they just be expected to sit idly by whilst a bunch of humans mess with what could potentially be a remnant of DK?

I am pretty sure one Wild ID vessel actually showed up for the event. I pretended that we can't know if that person is an infectee or not, but in another scenario we'd just engage.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Alley - 12-23-2018

(12-23-2018, 06:26 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Whislt I wholeheartedly appreciate the effort put into the anomaly mini-events, I have to raise an eyebrow at the bubble-like nature of them.

Just a while ago, an anomaly event happened in Omicron Delta and myself and several other Core ships went to go investigate. When we got there, we saw a couple Order ships, and the area was quickly filling up with third parties. I don't need to go into depth on our RP, but anomalies that could be alien in nature or hold significant scientific, economical or military potential are basically our MO. If we then see a couple of our mortal enemies hovering around it in front of us, this rings alarm bells. Especially if it's all happening in our backyard. So as you can imagine, the approach we would take would be to flush the zone of hostiles before trying to establish control of the situation.

So to be told by the console that we're prohibited from doing that and have to sit and watch just feels very immersion breaking. Maybe the intent is to raise maximum participation and ensure everyone gets a piece of the pie and so the event follows a structure; but isn't the point of roleplay interactions to be spontaneous and dynamic? Overriding RP in a live roleplay environment for something like this just feels weird.

Say Wild/Nomads turned up, would they just be expected to sit idly by whilst a bunch of humans mess with what could potentially be a remnant of DK?

Granted, I don't know if things changed later on as I had to log off. But for these kinds of events do we just have to forgo our RP or what? The concept of that feels a little weird.

First off, the Wild and Nomad players are fully aware not to show up as hostiles in events (exception being Cultist events) unless it's been planned. When that happens, it's because it's been previously worked out with them in order to:
1 : Ensure they survive more than 60 seconds
2 : Get some fun out of it

This is why the wild player that tagged along has not actively acted as a hostile vessel.

Second, I feel like it is a strange statement coming from someone that not so long ago was preaching we (players) need to do everything we can to generate activity. When you're immediatly said the thing is going to be very dangerous, I don't think it's really that far stretched to consider players can enter a temporary truce in order to overcome a greater foe. I am more troubled you took the initiative to start shooting people without even bothering to ask me if that was okay. It's not the first time there are events like these that ask people to team up for the duration of the event in order for everyone to be able to play and let them resume normal operations once it's considered over.

The Core players have perfectly fulfilled what was expected of them and as far as I know followed their RP. When an Order player started threatening the survival of the group, they firmly warned him and destroyed him when he refused to cooperate. That is perfectly in line with the protection of the exploration group. When the group managed to return to Delta, the Core players immediatly started to secure and demand all nomad remains, which is exactly what I expected them to do. They executed everything perfectly and I did not even need to PM them once.

It is personally my expectation to allow people with ZOI allowance to participate in the event with what they have in the region, as very few people happen to have ships belonging to nearly all factions in order to account for all possible variations. Killing that Order player meant you denied him his right to participate simply because he didn't bring something else, without pausing for a moment to think that, perhaps, it happens he doesn't own a Core ship.

(12-23-2018, 06:51 PM)Aristaan Wrote: Would have been nice to be able to participate, instead of without a deadline, the jumphole just closes 2.6k in front of my ship before I could use it. Not to mention the consistently poor timing for North American players. Hope people had fun in there.

The event has happened three hours earlier than the previous one in order to give a chance to Aus/NZ players to participate. I do my best to shuffle event times around within my capabilities but it is not possible for me to start a 1h30 long event at 3.00am.

As for the reason it closed in front of you, that's really bad luck and you should have PM'd me and we would have worked it out. All players with the appropriate ZOI were offered beams to FP 11 to join the event. The event started 15 minutes after its announcement and the jump hole stayed stable for another 15 minutes afterwards. That was more or less a 30 minutes window to join. The jump hole closed because it was planned to happen as they reached the second anomaly to cause the players to be stranded.

(12-23-2018, 08:21 PM)Alley Wrote: As for the reason it closed in front of you, that's really bad luck and you should have PM'd me and we would have worked it out. All players with the appropriate ZOI were offered beams to FP 11 to join the event. The event started 15 minutes after its announcement and the jump hole stayed stable for another 15 minutes afterwards. That was more or less a 30 minutes window to join. The jump hole closed because it was planned to happen as they reached the second anomaly to cause the players to be stranded.

Here's the thing. I believe I did attempt to get your attention of the issue, and was left ignored.

[23.12.2018 16:52:27] IRG|Itherael: Would be nice to participate, given that NA people are already in an inconvenient timezone.
[23.12.2018 16:52:51] IRG|Itherael: Was 2.6k from the jumphole when you evaporated it.
[23.12.2018 16:55:31] Base Second Anomaly destroyed

Even prior to that, I attempted to jump into the system via a matrix, but that's blocked by magic, so that didn't work either. I definitely put forth the effort to attend, as I got out of bed at 8 am once I heard about the event, then rushed to get my ship out there as quickly as possible from Omega 49, which took some time. The Eidolon.Wraith was 6k in front of me and managed to get in thanks to more fortunate circumstances.

(12-23-2018, 08:29 PM)Aristaan Wrote:
(12-23-2018, 08:21 PM)Alley Wrote: As for the reason it closed in front of you, that's really bad luck and you should have PM'd me and we would have worked it out. All players with the appropriate ZOI were offered beams to FP 11 to join the event. The event started 15 minutes after its announcement and the jump hole stayed stable for another 15 minutes afterwards. That was more or less a 30 minutes window to join. The jump hole closed because it was planned to happen as they reached the second anomaly to cause the players to be stranded.

Here's the thing. I believe I did attempt to get your attention of the issue, and was left ignored.

[23.12.2018 16:52:27] IRG|Itherael: Would be nice to participate, given that NA people are already in an inconvenient timezone.
[23.12.2018 16:52:51] IRG|Itherael: Was 2.6k from the jumphole when you evaporated it.
[23.12.2018 16:55:31] Base Second Anomaly destroyed

Even prior to that, I attempted to jump into the system via a matrix, but that's blocked by magic, so that didn't work either. I definitely put forth the effort to attend, as I got out of bed at 8 am once I heard about the event, then rushed to get my ship out there as quickly as possible from Omega 49, which took some time. The Eidolon.Wraith was 6k in front of me and managed to get in thanks to more fortunate circumstances.

Apologies then, I must have missed your message. There was a lot of chatter and I must have missed it as I was switching between three monitors almost constantly.

I'm trying to give feedback to help the admin team grow. I know effort is put forward and perfection is hard to come by, as we're a darn hard bunch to please. Someone always misses out, to a variety of circumstances. I'll leave this suggestion as feasible or not it may be: If events could be scheduled, anticipated, etc, much of this grief may be avoided. You probably don't need a fancy write-up, just "An anomaly will open at this hour," would be enough for me to wish to attend and make my schedule flexible around it. I anticipate many other players would be able to do the same.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Lythrilux - 12-23-2018

I have stated that players should do everything they can to create activity however I think we need a degree of consistency when it comes to roleplay. All I'll say is that I think what happened at first was unrealistic. PvP is a form of activity generation, and our intention wasn't to deny the Order ship participation but simply to fulfil our role. Space is indeed dangerous. Perhaps if the threat was present there at the time, The Core would have withheld from shooting Order to let them soften up the target first, but there was no way they'd know another threat would show up. I asked the guys what we'd do, and we decided to deal with things in the moment and how they presented themselves to us. Things only changed becuse of the console statement, and people were started to get worried that they'd be sanctioned for playing their role. Idk man, it's fair you want as many people as possible to participate but I feel like we should be realistic as players playing roles when we interact with these events.

Also Wild not being able to participate in these events is news to me.

Otherwise, your response was suitable and adequate for answering my query. I suppose what Tenacity posted is the standard for these events that we should be aiming for from now on. Still, even though it reached a point that did result in pvp, the stuff leading up to it still seems unrealistic. In my mind, I would like to see people competing over the anomaly, rather than holding hands and hosting a picnic whilst excitedly waiting for it to open.

(12-23-2018, 09:19 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Otherwise, your response was suitable and adequate for answering my query. I suppose what Tenacity posted is the standard for these events that we should be aiming for from now on. Still, even though it reached a point that did result in pvp, the stuff leading up to it still seems unrealistic. In my mind, I would like to see people competing over the anomaly, rather than holding hands and hosting a picnic whilst excitedly waiting for it to open.

In regards to that part, I am more than okay with that if the event revolves around conquering said anomaly. I am more than willing to experiment with that idea. However I hope you understand it will not result in a 1h30 long exploration event as an outcome for winning the battle.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - Lythrilux - 12-23-2018

Completly understandable, thanks for your response.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread 2.0 - R.P.Curator - 12-24-2018

Thank you for the events!