Discovery Gaming Community
Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=257)
+--- Thread: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! (/showthread.php?tid=147433)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - sindroms - 02-01-2017

Alright, so I gave the game a chance and quite frankly - for what it is so far, it is pretty damn impressive. I think they found a good mix between model-stat-size-mechanics ala StarMade and the graphics ala Space Eng. I think the biggest change to the overall design was the simple usage of scalable parts. That alone seems to make everything -very- easy. I also like the way that the game applies stats to built ships.

So yeah, I think I might keep an eye on this one. Especially if they fix their current netcode, implement a decent anticheat mechanism and allow large-enough dedicated servers so that an RP community can be made around it.

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Dave Synk - 02-01-2017

Yeah, I bought on Steam yesterday to fully test it. The atmosphere is so great, the potential is huge. I hope it won't end up badly. The devs are very active and cooperate with their community. I hope this will become a thing and would love to become a popular space game.

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Char Aznable - 02-01-2017

Played it, didn't like it. It's neither a combination of Freelancer with Space Engineers nor similar to the X series, and every claim in that direction borders false advertising in my opinion.
While I don't think it's a bad game, it's much more akin to Terraria than it is to Space Engineers or Freelancer.

Nothing to do with Terraria. I don't know how you could think it about that but the feedback I saw from other people is what it delivered. I actually feel into an X/Freelancerish/Eve universe. It can become great in abundant numbers.

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Arioch - 02-01-2017

I've been watching videos and reading reviews, as well as chatting with a few playing it. Definitely interested and looks like it has some serious potential. Especially as Spazzy said if they implement anti-cheat and larger servers. To have a faction, create your ships and mine/fight/pirate/etc? Sign me up.

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Corile - 02-01-2017

> spacesim
> steamos support

GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBSMEDAT

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Mercarryn - 02-01-2017

I, too bought Avorion recently on steam and yes, I really like what I have seen so far. The galaxy map is so f******* huge, you will need some time to discover 10% of it.
Sounds and graphics are nice for such a little game.

Only thing that saddens me are the CTD's when large battles between different factions break out. It has happened to me yesterday. If the developers can fix that crashing, Avorion has some great potential.

And now excuse, I am busy setting up my LEGO-llke ship Smile

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - sindroms - 02-01-2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7b8OVTM768 If anyone reads this thread, I will be livestreaming it and such.
/advertisement etc

Kudos for this Spazzy. This game deserves a chance, is currently the only one closest to this community's interests. The upcoming features will indeed include faction creating with HQ, more server stability, login based systems and perhaps an anti-cheat. Of course more optimization on it will come. Make this game popular guys !

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - WesternPeregrine - 02-02-2017

I enjoyed the stream about the game, and with the building mode included in the game, it would ease up many of our development problems we have currently in freelancer.

On the other hand, the nature of the game and it's mechanics will require a new rule set, both for player interaction, and for rp conduct. Old standards of Disco will be hard to replicate. Not that is a bad thing, mind you.