Discovery Gaming Community
Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=257)
+--- Thread: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! (/showthread.php?tid=147433)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Kauket - 02-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 01:23 AM)WPeregrine Wrote: I enjoyed the stream about the game, and with the building mode included in the game, it would ease up many of our development problems we have currently in freelancer.

On the other hand, the nature of the game and it's mechanics will require a new rule set, both for player interaction, and for rp conduct. Old standards of Disco will be hard to replicate. Not that is a bad thing, mind you.

There won't be such a thing as a 'Disco replacement' because by changing it so much, it isn't Disco anymore.

Same thing with the game, it's so different that it just can't be 'freelancer' in any regard. Kinda think the whole idea about "eheheh gonna replace disco" thing is silly.

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Sciamach - 02-02-2017

Beware I live

Anwyay: I'm currently looking into setting up a dedicated Avorion server of my own- no promises on anything yet but I'm hoping to get a whitelist RP server environment going similar to how disco runs things. No promises on specifics, but if thats something that interests you, then.. well most of you know how to contact me already so yeah. Do that.

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - sindroms - 02-02-2017

RP server? (sun)

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Divine - 02-02-2017

Yea, lets hook up people into totally unrelated games and even spout about Disco-esque RP and Servers. We totally have the numbers to pull that off, lets do it. I get tired of having to shovel out dozens of new members everyday before I can go to work.

I think players can make their own choice as to what games they want to play.

(02-02-2017, 10:54 AM)sindroms Wrote: I think players can make their own choice as to what games they want to play.
Sure they can do. You're not really doing a good promotion to keep them here though.

So should we remove the general gaming discussion forum for the fear that new titles distract new players?
Should we also introduce a timer where players get shipwiped if they do not log once a week?

Divine, players will play what they want. It is really up to us to make sure Disco is still relevant, but advertising only works if the players are met with a compelling game and a compelling community and a friendly environment. There are things I can do, but I think you are being unreasonable with your arguments here.

If you want to help, however, stop bittervetting on the forum, grab yourself a youtube account and start working like others have.

(02-02-2017, 11:04 AM)sindroms Wrote: ...grab yourself a youtube account and start working like others have.
Because that's going to help.
And I've not said that people can't decide for their own what to play, and I've not said people should not talk about other games or play those. I find it just a bit misplaced when an Admin does seem to promote a different game as a Disco-esque "replacement", that's all. You could've figured that out if you wanted but ofc you didn't.

No, in no way I said it was a replacement. That is something you yourself took out of context so you could offtopic in a thread.

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - WesternPeregrine - 02-02-2017

I'm sorry if I gave that idea as well. Reading the title plus watching that stream in the late evening made me wonder a lot of stuff, which then seeped into my previous post.

Meanwhile, I've noticed something interesting being made. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=854723968