Discovery Gaming Community
Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=257)
+--- Thread: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! (/showthread.php?tid=147433)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Kalhmera - 02-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 11:18 AM)Divine Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 11:04 AM)sindroms Wrote: ...grab yourself a youtube account and start working like others have.
Because that's going to help.
And I've not said that people can't decide for their own what to play, and I've not said people should not talk about other games or play those. I find it just a bit misplaced when an Admin does seem to promote a different game as a Disco-esque "replacement", that's all. You could've figured that out if you wanted but ofc you didn't.

tsk tsk tsk

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - sindroms - 02-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 04:31 PM)Kalhmera Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 11:18 AM)Divine Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 11:04 AM)sindroms Wrote: ...grab yourself a youtube account and start working like others have.
Because that's going to help.
And I've not said that people can't decide for their own what to play, and I've not said people should not talk about other games or play those. I find it just a bit misplaced when an Admin does seem to promote a different game as a Disco-esque "replacement", that's all. You could've figured that out if you wanted but ofc you didn't.

tsk tsk tsk

Incidentally, the next stream is in 3 hours ))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMebpdltTMQ

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Divine - 02-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 04:31 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: tsk tsk tsk
Shut up and go away repair some vehicles in the military. Preferably both and in that order.

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Kalhmera - 02-02-2017

Least i know of Honor and Duty.

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Dave Synk - 02-02-2017

For those who think this is all about changing Disco to something else. It is NOT ! As it was discussed before, it's a possibility for the Discovery Theme to be expanded to another game that can offer the possibility for the environment to thrive.

Currently those interested in this game should make a Game Group or something either here or on Steam.

It is not even that.
This game has no reason to be related to Disco or Freelancer. But once refined, it would make for a very enjoyable roleplay platform.

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Sciamach - 02-02-2017

For those of us tired of Disco being Disco but want a Disco-esque experience, it offers a lot in terms of similarity without many of the problems.

Spazzy's right though: it's too fresh and needs refinement at the moment but it has the possibility with it's vision and direction to scratch many of the itches that Disco does, while also prodding some others. Personally I'm not sure I'm ever going to bother with fully returning to Disco the way I was previously; the community is too toxic and childish for me to waste any more time on but some of the people, and the RP environment mindset are enough for me to stick close to the basic open-world ship-flying Roleplay environment concept. Disco can offer a haven for the concept, and hopefully in the future, so can Avorion in much the same, if not better capacity.

Shutting down dissenting ideas and new possibilities shouldn't be a course of action anyone undertakes, regardless of the context. Always be open to new ideas and opportunities, don't just aggressively attack something new because it's new.

It needs fixes.
Apparently I hit a tiny block full speed, which was impossible to see due to the visuals and my ship imploded.
Slightly upset.

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - Dave Synk - 02-03-2017

To be honest I wanted to edit my last post about "Disco Theme" for people might interpret it wrong. More like... people who are interested could do RP there too, alongside familiar faces or why not others.

And yes, in the future it's a possibility for many things. People should just know about this game and keep an eye on it Big Grin

RE: Avorion - Freelancer + Space Engineer + X3 !! - ONIKS - 02-03-2017

Just don't forget - there is X4 inbound someday.
[Image: b443b43fc8.png]