Discovery Gaming Community
Freeport Jamaica - Bar & Office - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Freeport Jamaica - Bar & Office (/showthread.php?tid=147436)

Pages: 1 2

Freeport Jamaica - Bar & Office - Gypsie Skripto - 01-27-2017

Welcome to Freeport Jamaica
(Formerly known as Freeport One)

Most things happen in one of two places in Freeport Jamaica: The Bar and The Office. To keep things in order, please paste the following template at the start of any of your posts to let other people know where your character is. Note that The Office requires an invitation, though you can ask for it if you have any business with the Administration Team (Administrator: @Gypsie Skripto / Vice-Administrator: @Maria Shelby).

RE: Freeport Jamaica - Gypsie Skripto - 01-27-2017

The Bar

[Image: dE6P0LG.gif]
Gypsie walked into the bar with his mechanical typing machine tightly held against his chest, still wary of his surroundings. He might have been named Administrator of the station, but he still didn't know the locals too well as to feel entirely comfortable. Also, he was obviously under the effects of Synth Weed.

Well this looks nice. He went on and sat at a table under a dim red light, then he signaled one of the waiters. Liberty Ale please, the best you can find back there if you don't mind. The waiter soon realized who he was and after a rapid nod with his head he went back and brought a full bottle. I am expecting Miss Maria Shelby, I don't really know if she'll know who I am, so please point her in my direction when she arrives. He then lit a cigarette and started typing in a foreign language.

RE: Freeport Jamaica - Bar & Office - Maria Shelby - 01-28-2017

The Bar

[Image: Hb1jXU3t.jpg]

Maria walks into the bar with a pretty pissed off expression on her face. I wonder where the hell did he go. She looks around and sees a weird looking guy sitting alone at a table with the largest possible cigarette in his mouth. Ok, guess i found him then . . . Maybe i should get a drink first. I need to calm myself down or I might smack him.

She walks to the bar: A glass of tea please, peach flavored as usual. The barman hands her the drink and points her to the guy she previously saw. Yeah, I assumed that was him. Thanks. She drink some of the tea and discreetly observes the guy. He looks to be typing something important. She decides not to bother him just yet and enjoy her tea for a while.

A few minutes pass and she looks at the guy again, still typing. She leaves the bar with her drink, half of the tea still in the glass, and goes to the guy. She pulls a chair and sits at his table. He looks up and her and just continues to type. She says to herself: Totally not a complete creep it seems . . .

RE: Freeport Jamaica - Bar & Office - Gypsie Skripto - 01-28-2017

The Bar

Gypsie was typing nonesense at this point, just to hide that he was speechless. When he had heard the OSI woman's name and voice through the comm panel of the Telemakhos he had pictured a tough, rough woman. The way she had scolded him when the synth weed cargo episode happened the day before didn't quite match the angelical (and Bretonian, oh so Bretonian) figure of Maria Shelby.

Finally he found courage to speak.You arrive in time Maria! I was just filing your incorporation to the team. If you would be so kind an please tell me the information I'm missing, we'll be done in no time here. He moved his hands quickly when he tossed the unreadable page away and put a new one, expecting she hadn't noticed. I still need to write down your:

He then turned off his cigarette on the ashtray and looked at her in the eyes with his scrying own pair, hoping that she would not notice how nervous (and high) he was.

The Bar

She looks at the form in front of her. Ok, let's see what we've got here. She puts the glass on the table and starts to complete it, humming a tune while doing it.

After a few minutes, she finishes and hands him back the completed form:

Ok, so that's that. What now? She looks at him curiously and sips from her tea.

RE: Freeport Jamaica - Bar & Office - Gypsie Skripto - 01-28-2017

The Bar

Gypsie grabbed the form and gave a quick glance to it. Oh! A Speculative Poet! How amazing. I think you and I will get along just well. He finishes his glass of Liberty Ale and pours another. There is only one matter that we have to make clear before you start on your new position as my assistant (and Freeport Jamaica's Vice-Administrator). He came closer to her and lowered his voice. You have your colors, you're OSI, but while you work here, you're working for the Confederation of Freeports. Is that clear Miss Shelby?

The Bar

She looks at him with an intrigued face and then quickly switches to a serious face. If you're worried that I'll tell O.S.I. every sketchy thing that happens here, you don't need to worry. If they NEED to know they will know, but if they don't, they won't. She leans back in her chair with a devilish smirk on her face and sips more of her tea

RE: Freeport Jamaica - Bar & Office - Byron - 02-01-2017

The Bar

[Image: Cx4npbb.jpg]
Actually, Elena had just travelled to Freeport One to buy some new shiny equipment for her ship, but since she was already here, she decided to have a look at the pub. A place she thought she would know kind of, as she had lived on the Freeport a few years ago. The moment she entered it though, she was completely baffled, as she smelled the scent of drugs in the air. Smoke was everywhere, even though the room was quite empty. What the..? This is the pub? - It must have gone through some really radical changes since I was here the last time…

She went directly to the bar. What shall it be, Lady?, the barkeeper welcomed Elena with a heavy Bretonian accent. He studied her for a short moment. I see you could need something more … high-proof.

She laughed. Forget it, I’m being dried out at the moment. Gimme something alcohol-free. We have that too, Lady, give me a moment, the barkeeper said and looked behind the counter, bending down. Meanwhile, Elena looked around, as she noticed a young blonde woman in the corner, drinking something that looked like … wait … tea?! Drugs? Tea? What’s going on? This bar has really changed – a lot, she thought.

We’ve some delicious tea, Lady, the barkeeper explained. Nah, thanks, I’m not Bretonian … you know, a glass of water’s enough, strawberry flavored if possible. While he made a grab for the water bottle, Elena slouchingly leaned over the bar. You know, this pub has changed pretty much I see, and I’m curious … who’s the administrator responsible for all this?

RE: Freeport Jamaica - Bar & Office - Gypsie Skripto - 02-01-2017

The Bar

The bartender laughs and waits for the song to finish. Changed, it has, hmm. Is it for better? Is it for worse? It's not for me to say, but at least now we have an actual administration. And one that can answer for any problems that troublemakers might bring to my bar. He then poured the woman her drink. That's the man.. He pointed at a middle aged guy sitting at a table with a young blondie. Name's Gypsie. Gypsie Skripto. As the jukebox turns to the next album, a new song starts.

RE: Freeport Jamaica - Bar & Office - Byron - 02-02-2017

The Bar

She laughed, grabbing her glass of water. Well, we will see how good this pub has become. Cheers! After she had a few sips, she began to slowly walk to the guy the barkeeper had shown her. He looked quite weird, with a huge pair of glasses all over his face and a big cigarette in his mouth. The woman he was talking to on the other hand looked much smoother. When I see that dude's the administrator, I'm not surprised anymore how this place looks now.
Sipping at her water once more, she went to their table and interrupted them in their talk. May I interrupt you for a short moment? And looked at the guy. You're Gypsie, right? - while she sat down on another chair.