Discovery Gaming Community
Space Stations - concepts (Would like feedback and opinions) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Space Stations - concepts (Would like feedback and opinions) (/showthread.php?tid=147503)

Pages: 1 2 3

Space Stations - concepts (Would like feedback and opinions) - Dave Synk - 01-29-2017

So I modeled myself several years ago some Space Stations for the Freelancer Continuum mod (perhaps some of you remembered the efforts into that long ago). As far as I recall I might still have the meshes for the models I did on my old desktop pc.

I mainly made themed space stations for each house and also made further modules to expand the designs further on. I have a link to a small showcase of some rendered models. I even tried to recreate two space ships from the original intro of FL.

Basically I wanted to give these out to someone to make good use of it. Perhaps if they fit a role somehow in disco for some feature that might appear in the future of the mod's development, would be great. I currently have no usage of them. So here is the link:

I'd like to hear your thoughts about it. They were made some good time ago, some models might look different because I progressed my skills when I actually modded for this project.

Updated Showcase !
Gallery

RE: Space Stations - concepts (Would like feedback and opinions) - SMI-Great.Fox - 01-29-2017

These need to get into the mod. ASAP.

RE: Space Stations - concepts (Would like feedback and opinions) - Sombs - 01-29-2017

Great work.

RE: Space Stations - concepts (Would like feedback and opinions) - Durandal - 01-29-2017

I was hoping to see these again some day. I always thought the Kusari ones were the most impressive, it's a shame those aren't in the showcase.

RE: Space Stations - concepts (Would like feedback and opinions) - Alley - 01-29-2017

There's always need for more station models and these are great.

RE: Space Stations - concepts (Would like feedback and opinions) - Divine - 01-29-2017

Nice models, but please don't "HD" texture them. It's bad enough on the [HF] and OC ships and in Gallia. If anyone is going to texture them, please roll with the standard low stuff FL usually in its original had.

RE: Space Stations - concepts (Would like feedback and opinions) - SMI-Great.Fox - 01-30-2017

Placing a bid on the dibs for Hessia HQ Station for TAZ.

RE: Space Stations - concepts (Would like feedback and opinions) - realekki - 01-30-2017

aehm, just 3 words:
yes yes yes

RE: Space Stations - concepts (Would like feedback and opinions) - Dave Synk - 01-30-2017

I've updated the showcase with more pictures, including the Kusari models.

Basically there are these elements made for each House :

-Trade Lanes (except Rheinland for some reason)
-Stations of various types
-Modules that can be attached to a station model for further expansion.

Updated link here or in original post : Showcase

RE: Space Stations - concepts (Would like feedback and opinions) - ASimpleMan - 01-30-2017

I like them, but you have to keep the Freelancer feel of the game. Some of the models are too spiky, to be honest. Yes, they look cool. But if you get rid of the original models and stuff, then Freelancer really isn't Freelancer anymore.
But they look really cool I'll give you that! Smile