Discovery Gaming Community
Delta pewpew announcement: TONIGHT - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Delta pewpew announcement: TONIGHT (/showthread.php?tid=147661)

Pages: 1 2

Delta pewpew announcement: TONIGHT - Pepe - 02-04-2017

- TONIGHT AT 20h -

Corsair mighty fleet moves to DELTA to pew Core.

I can't make an event of this, as I couldn't make a post 24h before event. So I can only appeal to other factions to not spoil our pewpews. You all have ships at Core or at Sairs, so pls use them.

Do not expect perfect balance either. Both sides will bring all.

Rules: standard. Hugg what you want, eat mines as much as you want, dive in what you want. Seeing reports and QQ PMs after my events didn't make me happy at all.

P.S. In case some event is already planned for tonight, I will cancel this one, so np np.

Cya 2night.

RE: Delta pewpew announcement: TONIGHT - sindroms - 02-04-2017

(02-04-2017, 11:40 AM)Pepe Wrote: Rules: standard. Hugg what you want, eat mines as much as you want, dive in what you want. Seeing reports and QQ PMs after my events didn't make me happy at all.

Yeah, sadly I cannot apply any bonuses for that if that is the case.

RE: Delta pewpew announcement: TONIGHT - Jack_Henderson - 02-04-2017

And what could be the change that makes bonuses possible? Big Grin

RE: Delta pewpew announcement: TONIGHT - sindroms - 02-04-2017

(02-04-2017, 02:26 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: And what could be the change that makes bonuses possible? Big Grin

People growing up and out of the ''I cannot allow the player who is on the opposite side win'' mentality.
Competition is one thing, slight dislike is something as well, but outright trying to screw the opposing side by taking advantage of event plugin mechanics ''by accident'' or otherwise just screws both sides in the end.

RE: Delta pewpew announcement: TONIGHT - Pepe - 02-04-2017

I don't see bonus helping fairplay in any way. So far bonuses were the magnet for preorganized groups of players that log on winning side to pick some safe bucks. They got rewarded, we said thanks for participating, so they come again. We had more participants for events. All looks good.

But people that play for fun got spanked. They mumbled for a while, then they grew up and left Disco - or joined bonus hunters. I beg to differ and not grow up.

But I can make some bonus event next time, so all stay around, please Wink

RE: Delta pewpew announcement: TONIGHT - Shiki - 02-04-2017

(02-04-2017, 02:56 PM)Pepe Wrote: I don't see bonus helping fairplay in any way. So far bonuses were the magnet for preorganized groups of players that log on winning side to pick some safe bucks. They got rewarded, we said thanks for participating, so they come again. We had more participants for events. All looks good.

But people that play for fun got spanked. They mumbled for a while, then they grew up and left Disco - or joined bonus hunters. I beg to differ and not grow up.

But I can make some bonus event next time, so all stay around, please Wink

Your argument about the 'bonus hunters' would make sense if one side got better bonus than another. Event rules worked out pretty well, I can't see why they should not be implemented.

RE: Delta pewpew announcement: TONIGHT - Backo - 02-04-2017

(02-04-2017, 04:55 PM)Sanja Wrote: Your argument about the 'bonus hunters' would make sense if one side got better bonus than another. Event rules worked out pretty well, I can't see why they should not be implemented.

People still join the side that is more certain to get the kills because you won't get any kills if your side sucks at shooting. : >

P.S. I actually never liked kill bonus events as they promoted cheap play by both sides and invited scummy loadouts and classes into the play.

RE: Delta pewpew announcement: TONIGHT - Omicron - 02-04-2017

(02-04-2017, 11:40 AM)Pepe Wrote: You all have ships at Core or at Sairs, so pls use them.

Actually dont have any.

RE: Delta pewpew announcement: TONIGHT - Jeremy Hunter - 02-04-2017

(02-04-2017, 05:15 PM)Omicron Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 11:40 AM)Pepe Wrote: You all have ships at Core or at Sairs, so pls use them.

Actually dont have any.

Plenty of Order though no? Big Grin

RE: Delta pewpew announcement: TONIGHT - Shiki - 02-04-2017

(02-04-2017, 05:15 PM)Bloodl1ke Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 04:55 PM)Sanja Wrote: Your argument about the 'bonus hunters' would make sense if one side got better bonus than another. Event rules worked out pretty well, I can't see why they should not be implemented.

People still join the side that is more certain to get the kills because you won't get any kills if your side sucks at shooting. : >

Lies, you won't get any blues if you have people like you or wesker in your team.