Discovery Gaming Community
'Shiv' - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: 'Shiv' (/showthread.php?tid=147671)

Pages: 1 2

'Shiv' - Silver - 02-04-2017

The bell rang harder and harder, forcing Tomoe to wake up at last. "Another day in paradise." She said to herself as the barred door came into view. Three years into her jail time, several incidents, each one increasing to her sentence, Tomoe Gozen was already known at the Wall as a regular troublemaker or troubletaker, due to her heritage and quickness to act.

She knew that it was either eat or get eaten out there, and since then, four women already fell prey to her makeshift shiv. All to keep herself safe and in a position of relative power inside Huntsville. The first one, a Xeno, tried to use her as an excuse and a target to further implement herself as a self-styled 'Queen' of the Wall. It didn't end well for the Xeno, as the sharpened handle of a shampoo bottle found its way in her throat. Several times. Leaving the bloody Tomoe with the most apt nickname of 'Shiv'. And an extra six years in her sentence.

[Image: H5Cldl4.png]

Ever since then, she had became a target to the resident Xeno population that was not separated from the normal inmates. More three deaths, two solitary confinements and a long stay at the med-bay were the remaining high notes of her time there. As she exited her cell, two women of her 'crew' sided her and followed her footsteps. "Mornin' boss." Said the older one, Mary. Born in Houston, she was there for life, and had no qualms in being under the shadow and protection of Shiv. Tomoe bowed her head, in the customary Kusari way of greeting, and the three hurried off to the first chow time. A perilous task, right off the bat.

RE: 'Shiv' - Diana.Daymarova - 02-05-2017

As the women standed in the queue for the disgusting prison food, Diana noticed other prisoners looking at Tomoe, thing that made her swap her attention and focus on the lone girl.
Her first steps into the prison were rather hard. She had to climb out of her anxiety and find the joy of being inside a small cubic room partially illuminated by a small quivering yellow light. She felt so limited. It was her first time in there and it was highly against her nature. She usually enjoys the freedom that space offers to her. Now jailed for stealing alcoholic beverages wasn't on her plans.

She took the food and sat with her cellmates.
"Have a good meal," she said as her spoon was slowly breaking into her mouth.
A loud blast of so called "soup" returned back on the plate.
"How am I supposed to eat this?"
She heard a prisoner from other table saying she should've not done mistakes.
"What mistakes?," she asked herself, "Since when they punish alcohol stealing with jailing?"
"I bet I have the dumbest reason to be stuck here of ya' all... Seems like stealing booze is a complete cataclysm theese days."
She returns the substance back and remains hungry.

She wasn't pleased by the answer, it felt shocking for her. She rather stayed silent for the moment, thinking on a way to idle away. Looks at the small and rusty clock centred on the wall, not one but five times feeling the lack of movement of the pointer.

The judgement was't disputed yet, but as a criminal allying with the Rogues she knew she'll be there inside for a long time. Only hoping on a move from the Alcatraz Rogues, concretely coming from Trevor, his partially new love. A mere affair of luck, perhaps, on a hopeless situation.

RE: 'Shiv' - Silver - 02-08-2017

Several days later, Tomoe 'Shiv' Gozen, was sitting in the playground, bodyguards in tow. She took this time to observe the status quo and shift in power inside the Wall. A curious detail, one that several people noticed but no one dared mentioning, was her hands that were always moving in an almost knowledgeable move of sharpening a small blade. Suddenly, a small scuffle nearby called her attention. One of the new bloods was being jerked by the older Rogue elements. Her face wasn't strange already, but still smelled fresh. Always on the lookout for new blood and a new set of eyes around her, Shiv didn't took long. With a move of her hand, three of her crew followed her. "If it comes to blood, hit the ones in the back. I will deal with the barkers first." Tomoe whispered at the three women. The new blood was pushed to the ground and fell right where Tomoe arrived, causing the ruckus to go cease. The playground went silent. The only sound was the automatic turret weaponry rotors working, aiming their non-lethal ordinance.

The young blood looked up and saw the small kusarian woman looking at the group that was harassing her. Tomoe flicked a hand, signalling her to get up and behind her. Without anything else, Tomoe eyed the whole group and spoke.
"Seems we are in an understanding, bakas?"

The older, and more mean looking of the women of the opposite group growled, causing the group to visibly move, in an aggressive move. Tomoe didn't flinched, neither the women behind her.
"You want to start a piss contest, little cutter?"

"Yes, fifth."

The threat was implicit, and enough to discourage the rogue group. The older one grunted and turned her head, causing for the group to disperse. Tomoe almost seemed disappointed. The young blood went to speak, but Tomoe raised a hand and spoke without looking at her.
"You got two choices, fish. Either work for me, or die to them. Your call. I think.. You have until tomorrow."

Her little feet turned and started walking to where her crew was, with the three women in tow. The new blood stood there. Probably wondering in what hell she had just stepped in.

"Sayonara." Tomoe's voice was heard, as the playground started to resume its normal pace and noise.

RE: 'Shiv' - Diana.Daymarova - 02-12-2017

Diana went back to her cell. Her mood was still the same, just like the prison. Her cellmates were playing cards all the time and weren't talkative at all. Frustration was a thing here, unlike in space, no one to shoot, no alcohol, no Alcatraz rogues... "No alcatraz rogues."said Diana to herself. That was even more upsetting than then her cellmates playing cards all the time, even more upsetting than disgusting meals and drinks and even more upsetting than her being bullied by other rogues. She secretly believed that her pals from alcatraz thinks about her too, but so far ir hasn't seemed so. She said to herself "If I'm gonna be stuck here forever, then not alone between bullies and people with hazard game addiction. Something's gotta change."

Cell door opened and Diana came in. The only things in the cell were Three beds, ventilation bars on the ceiling, dirty slothes thrown all over the cell and both her cellmates playing poker. As she entered and saw all the mess, she shouted "Hey, put away your garbage! How do you even walk here?" Nothing but a sack of ignoration came from their side, the only thing they are focused on is poker. "Fish" Diana remembered. She realized that they could be something new... Something that's not sitting on a cold, hard floor while playing poker, something that's not a pain in the ass and something that could get her mood better.

There weren't any things to do, so Diana jumped on the ventilation bars and started doing chin-ups to get her body fit and prevent herself from getting bullied.

At the evening all prisoners were locked. Diana slowly lied down on the bed and fell asleep suprisingly quickly.

RE: 'Shiv' - Diana.Daymarova - 02-20-2017

A nervous man, Ben Roach was walking around the wall, looking for a man that was looking for him at the same time. His job was to deliver a holo-card to Diana. Suddenly he noticed a man that was constantly focusing on him when he was in his line of sight. "That might be him."Ben thought. Something knocked on his shoulder, causing him to turn around. There was nothing, he turned back and saw another man running around the corner to the prison eatery. He put his hand to the pocket, into which was the holo-card placed. There was nothing. "Oh crap! Now what?" Another knocking on his shoulder. Ben turned again with hands covering both of his pockets now. A tall and scary man, the one paying attention to him now asked "You Ben Roach?"

Ben was frightened by his face expression. He didn't know how to explain the loss of the card. "Eh... Yes It's M-Me." The tall man laughed and with calm voice said "You don't need to be scared, maybe I look scary, but I wouldn't kill a mouse." Well... You're here for the card, aren't you? The tall man nodded his head. "I am indeed." Ben dried his forehead, glossy under a layer of sweat. "I-I kinda... How to even say it?. Well I-" "Someone stole it, huh?" Ah... Exactly. Both men were frustrated about failing their job. "We gotta find him before he activates the transmission. Otherwise he might tell the police and the plan will be screwed" Ben suddenly felt very dizzy. Diana might not escape just because of him! "I'm sorry, I failed." "It doesn't matter at the moment, there is still a chance of finding him. I'll check the toilettes now, you check the cells. He won't be too far."

Meanwhile in Diana's cell.

"Twenty-three" *Claps* "Twenty-four" *Claps* "Twenty-fi... "Ha, I got flush!" *Claps* "Twenty, eh... Twenty... Great, thanks a lot, now I forgot how many push-ups I did." "Come on, Diana, come and play with us." "Never!" Diana fell on her bed. She came to thought that Willy doesn't even care about her. If she has to be in prison for a long time, she has to have some fun at least. She knew joining Tomoe's crew and leaving her crew would be more preferable. Sound of footsteps came from the hall. Diana looked outside her cell and saw a tall man walking around, looking for something... Or someone. He took a closer look at Diana but then he walked away. He knew well it was her, but he had more important things to do then having a chit chat. Diana went outside her cell and started looking for Tomoe.

RE: 'Shiv' - Silver - 02-25-2017

Tomoe was sitting on her bunk inside her cell reading a book. Two of her crew stood guard at the entrance, lazily, talking to eachother. Some days it was like this.. One did everything or nothing to pass the time. One of the rare male guards in that side of the Wall passed by and without a word threw a small card into the cell. The two bodyguards acted like nothing had happened and kept their straight face chit-chat, leaving Tomoe to pick up the holo-card. "Interesting." Tomoe thought and activated the holo-card. Instructions, dates, names. The only thing that was missing was how to actually exit the Wall. But the what brought her a grin to her face was the name of the intended recipient.

"Joan-san, what was the name of that fish?"

She asked to the one on the left, a lifer, much like Tomoe. "Err.. Ana? Liana? Diana. Yeah, Diana." The confirmation made the lithe Kusari face light up in a devilish manner.

"Bring her to me. Unharmed. But you can tumble her for a bit. We got stories to trade, it seems." Joan nodded, and disappeared, probably looking for more of the crew to get the fish without much hassle. The grin on Tomoe's face was almost machievellic. "In my grasp, at last." She fell in her bunk and smiled while looking for more data from the holo-card.

RE: 'Shiv' - Diana.Daymarova - 02-28-2017

The darkness and sounds of people whispering gave Diana creeps as she was walking through the hallway. Tomoe was nowhere to find. The tall man noticed her and walked to her. She looked up to his face and saw his creepy expression, however, she didn't freak out. "You miss Daymarova, right?" asked the man. "Yeah, what do you want?" "I want to apologize, you know, Willy had a holographic message for you and we lost it. Actually, it was stolen." Diana was shocked, but happy. "So he actually thinks about me." "Yes, and he seems to be very disappointed by loss of you. Now we have to find the card before the thief opens it and tell the cops." "Tell what?" "Ah, forget about it, you will see." Diana didn't bothered much, all she wanted was to get the holo-card into her hands. She knew, who could help her finding the thief. "We will find a certain woman now, her name is Tomoe Gozen and she might help us finding the card" Both went through the hallway, looking for Tomoe. The tall man had no clue how Tomoe looked like, but he didn't bother to ask. The only things he knew about her were her killstreak and her constantly increasing sentence. He wondered how does Diana know her and at the same time was surprised about her assumption. How could Tomoe possibly help?

Minutes past and still no progress. Night time was closing fast and there was not much time left before locking cells. Luckily, they found two women belonging to Tomoe's crew they blocked Diana's way. She wondered what will happen next. "What do you want from me?" Diana politely asked. Our job is simple, fish, we have to lead you to our boss. Now it was clear to Diana who were they. "Alright, but hurry up, the isolating is almost here." The man followed Diana along with the women. "You go wherever you want, this is none of your business." "But I'm here to..." "It's okay, I will handle it, you can search for the thief while I'm gone." All three women walked until they reached a cell, where Tomoe was sitting on her bed, holding the holographic card.

RE: 'Shiv' - Silver - 03-04-2017

The holo-card twirled in Shiv's hand. "Konnichiwa.. So, how are you enjoying the Wall?" The lithe Kusarian asked without expecting a reply, and kept on twirling the holo-disk. Suddenly it stopped and Tomoe threw it to Diana, in an obvious move to appease the woman. With a wry smile, she got up from her bunk.
"You got some very interesting friends, fish."

Her feet slowly took her body forward, silently up to Diana. "But your friends, as it said in there.." She pointed to the holo-card in Diana's hand, and looked back at Diana. "Can't get you out of here." Tomoe kept walking slowly up where she reached Diana and whispered in her ear. "I can. That is.. If you bring me with you." Diana felt a small prickling feeling on the other side of her neck. Without noticing, Tomoe had a small makeshift shiv already pointed at Diana's neck. Tomoe moved her head back and smiled in a very eerie way.

"And I don't take no's for an answer, baka. "

RE: 'Shiv' - Diana.Daymarova - 03-11-2017

The holo-card was activated once again. Diana was glad to hear Willy's voice once again. After haring the plan, an evil grin couldn't disappear from her face. She stood up and said: "I can bring you with me, that's for sure, but if that's going to happen, then you should stop behaving like a bloodthirsty moron in front of people that don't mean a threat to you, that actually want to help you." Diana turned around and smashed the card on the wall, leaving it in pieces and unusable again. "The choice is yours, behave just like you do now, or stop and come with me, together we can escape." She went back to her cell.

A big event was upcomming and Diana didn't have much time left. She stored all the important things under her bed. Tazer in lipstick, screwdriver (Diana had lots of skills with screwdriver from the past), superglue and a piece of pipe ripped off from the toilettes, all acquired by stealing and trading stuff with other prisoners. That was enough meterials for her to make a weapon capable of killing people, a little weapon could always get a use.

RE: 'Shiv' - Silver - 03-11-2017

An hour later, the deal was set, plans were decided and the two women went about their regular lives. Up until three days before the defined date by Willy. Tomoe approached the fish pond, aptly named, and called up for Diana. "Here. There's the baka." She clearly pointed at a woman in the playground. A Xeno that has tried to hit Tomoe several times. "This ain't the end, fish. Only the beginning." She whispered to her.

Diana gripped the small handmade blade, and nodded at Shiv. To many, this was looking like an initiation of sorts into Shiv's gang. To them two, it was the first step to freedom. As Diana closed into the woman, a couple tried to intercept her, only to meet Shiv's thugs. The last one, intelligently waited until Diana was close to her mark and jumped at Diana. Only to meet Shiv. With a twist, Tomoe sealed her fate and black blood pooled from her liver. Fifteen minutes of excruciating pain. With that, the general alarm was sounded, and the automatic turrets came to life. "DO IT BAKA!" Tomoe shouted, pointing at the Xeno. Diana threw herself at her and stabbed, stabbed, stabbed until blood drenched her clothes and face, and the automatic turrets started to fire their ordinance. Less than a minute later, everyone in the playground was enjoying a drugged up sleep. One day later, the two were presented to the main warden and issued the due process of getting to Denver to get a trial for murder. At the exit, Shiv smirked at Diana who wore a somber look. Tomoe clearly noticed it and thought. "Murder doesn't agree with this baka." At the end of the day, they left their solitary confinement and were moved to the holding area, where they would wait for their transport, due the next morning. Tomoe, during lunch, sat in front of Diana and spoke. "All good, gaijin. We're almost out of this hell." She bit the bread with a smirk on her face and threw it at Diana's face.

"And you're no killer."