Discovery Gaming Community
Regarding Gallia and Kusari Civil war - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Regarding Gallia and Kusari Civil war (/showthread.php?tid=148117)

Pages: 1 2 3

Regarding Gallia and Kusari Civil war - WesternPeregrine - 02-21-2017

Contrary to what some people may be deducing from the current status quo, "gallia not being allowed into kusari " is the result of a choice made by the official faction leaders of the kusari factions with the few devs handling the kusari story line when the current phase of the civil war was being drafted up. It was to keep a modicum of balance (knf being the biggest dog in the field, and you pile up a full house navy on their side?), and to keep foreign meddling to a minimum. It was proposed by the players, and enacted by the devs and the Id rules.

Because when you think about it, once you allow Grn to meddle in a kusari conflict, the only logical conclusion is the one of the other parties will run for support of Liberty, and another to the Outcasts or Corsairs, and it will be anything but a conflict about Kusari...

Ask for more information before jumping to conclusions and pissing people off, seriously.

RE: Regarding Gallia and Kusari Civil war - Calo - 02-21-2017

That's basically what I pointed out, having terrible experience as a former co-leader of 343. Nothing to add in here. But KCW suffers from the very reason Devs and Admins failed to provide any help. Players wanted to conclude stuff and to create activity and focus on Kusari Civil War - impossible due to ID with access to only one Kusari system. And it failed.

And it was deemed to fail since very beginning, even with officialdom gained by Kusari Exiles. Many times we asked Admins and Devs to change the ZOI. Nothing changed until 343 finally died.

I may be biased, but don't get me wrong. When I co-lead 343, sometimes being the only player to log out of like 9 players was discouraging alone. Forcing players to log and create activity is something adding to that sadness.

RE: Regarding Gallia and Kusari Civil war - Foxglove - 02-21-2017

That is all nice and well, but the current activity levels should really tell you that nobody is interested in playing this civil war. It would be all but nice if any of that which you described as "bad ends" would actually happen, because at least it would be progress. The Kusari civil war is a failed experiment and should finally be concluded in a decisive manner.

RE: Regarding Gallia and Kusari Civil war - Calo - 02-21-2017

It was, but this is where Devs should look at themselves and finally admit they screwed up with Kusari. They won't do that. They are too proud to admit it - in my humble opinion.

Myself, I admit my mistakes in perception of Kusari Civil War back then. I was wrong in many cases and info given by the infocards I took for granted - and for that, I'm sorry.

RE: Regarding Gallia and Kusari Civil war - Apollon - 02-21-2017

(02-21-2017, 05:47 PM)Foxglove Wrote: That is all nice and well, but the current activity levels should really tell you that nobody is interested in playing this civil war. It would be all but nice if any of that which you described as "bad ends" would actually happen, because at least it would be progress. The Kusari civil war is a failed experiment and should finally be concluded in a decisive manner.

Which is what Kusarian Players have been demanding for quite a while now. Going "off-track" away from the Civil War was met with denial and refusal by the dev team. And with no way to carry on with the storyline of a civil war with a non-existent Imperial playerbase, a semi dead BD one and KNF playerbase that logs to aimlessly roam around the House, It's not going anywhere.

To be honest, the Civil War was deemed to fail from the start.

RE: Regarding Gallia and Kusari Civil war - Haste - 02-21-2017

The Kusari - Gallia diplomatic RP a year (or has it been longer than that? probably) ago was really neat, and I'd love to see more GRN - KNF interaction in general. It's a nice change from the usual highly PvP-oriented stuff GRN does.

Yes I know I still have to post SORRY ):

RE: Regarding Gallia and Kusari Civil war - Kaze - 02-21-2017

(02-21-2017, 06:11 PM)Haste Wrote: Yes I know I still have to post SORRY ):

Told you.

<3

RE: Regarding Gallia and Kusari Civil war - Alley - 02-21-2017

I like the Kusari Civil War as a concept, there's just not the numbers to actually make it interesting on the server.

RE: Regarding Gallia and Kusari Civil war - Emperor Tekagi - 02-21-2017

(02-21-2017, 06:16 PM)Alley Wrote: I like the Kusari Civil War as a concept, there's just not the numbers to actually make it interesting on the server.

+1, people lost interest or parts of the involved factions were almost driven of the server by a third party, to properly revive it we lack numbers.
More importantly the devs might not allow us to go away from the civ war (which I fully understand, you cannot just retcon all those RPs connected to it + all the dev-related changes in Kusari in relation to the civ war) but promised to speed the whole progress significantly up during the next time (sadly all their dev stuff goes slow atm) to make Kusari be "free" of the civ war again and open for a new chapter.
This comes together with the Kusari playerbase (you can call it: Faction playerbase + very few indies) being rather restricted in possibilitys. We all tried to find new stuff and partly had success: KNF with 66th, BD and Samura are finally about to really do stuff related to Nagano, etc.
In the end we can just wait and keep doing as much as we can not related to the semi-dead civil war, sad but fact.

RE: Regarding Gallia and Kusari Civil war - Apollon - 02-21-2017

(02-21-2017, 06:16 PM)Alley Wrote: I like the Kusari Civil War as a concept, there's just not the numbers to actually make it interesting on the server.

True. As an idea for a mod/server with a large playerbase and thus faster and smoother development, It'd be a good concept as a change from the cliché war between houses. But unfortunately, that doesn't work now.

As for Gallia - Kusari relations, it's a bit complicated given that the government is still slightly divided between people that want a Gallic approach, those who want a Libertonian approach, those who want to stay independent, and then those who are just against Gallia. Which is more noticeable in the KNF, as you find entities that are in favor of Gallia, and then those who want to restore Pre-Republican Kusari but still not with the imperials.

Which makes it interesting.