Discovery Gaming Community
A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI (/showthread.php?tid=14836)

Pages: 1 2 3

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - Elvin - 12-31-2008

Greetings.

I have a small question for you, people of Liberty. As it is part of my story, I would like to (now all the numbers are theoretical) exchange Liberty Navy pilots and Civilians for a prisoners from certain prison station - Lets say 30 Navy pilots and 30 civilians for 25 Prisoners. Do you think that would be possible? Lats time I have triied something similar, it just ended with big overkill by a big fleet and "Captives secured, healthy, happy and stuffed" comment from one of the lawfulls, even tho I stated clearly that they will go ka-boom if anyone gets too close - but... its a shame there is no -KILL- button. So, do you belive it will be kore like the last time, or it would be possible to arrange something?

Cheers,
Elvin

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - Nevearo - 12-31-2008

That's where you reply *Captives detonate. Three decks of holding ship are lost in the explosion* ;)

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - Jamez - 12-31-2008

Elvin, just talk to the right people *cough* Me *cough* beforehand, and you'll be fine.

Remora, that just makes the person sound like a sore loser, pretty lame.

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - Jordi - 12-31-2008

Originally that sounds like a good RP. However

1-RP-wise (and here I talk for myself, not in the name of any house), as it happens in real life, main-houses should not accept negotiations with unlawfuls, even when there are hostages involved. Think about it. The moment it is done once, every single unlawful will start kidnapping people to ask for ransom

2-I remember once some unlawfuls that started this way to lure some lawful players to a well prepared trap full of Missile boats. Some call that RP....

So personally, myself I will never agree to such exchange. If some superior decides to do the exchange, as always I will follow superior orders.

My 2cts

Jordi

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - Linkus - 12-31-2008

From past experience, I've yet to meet someone actually play along with a hostage situation.

What has happened every time is that I either have to eject a passenger and shoot them with the turrets but then fail as the lawfuls tractor it in.
Or I have to RP that I am shooting etc them inside the ship.
Yet, when my ship later goes boom the lawfuls have a tendancy (IE always) to just say that the hostages are alive and well.
It's bloody annoying and plain bad form. With a side order of metagaming mixed in.

Can people PLEASE not destroy over an hour's etc worth of in game solid RP by going 'They are all alive and well, and joo suxxx!!!!!1111one' etc.

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - Derkylos - 12-31-2008

Heh, the Liberty forces when paranoid when I was just offering to give them their pilots back for free...

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - Boss - 12-31-2008

Can't really blame us...You always insist on a lone fighter come to get them >.>

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - casero - 12-31-2008

Me and [LN]-Galen.Anderson met a guy in Texas, flying a transport (pirate train, I can't remember it well), whom said was captured by terrorists, we could shot him down, but here comes the part where the terrorists excel theirself....

this ship was too close to planet Chisos, if he would be shot, the hostages would died in the atmosphere. (I shouldn't be saying this)

So, if you wanna negociate, I suggest, get the prisoners close to a planet, and make your way out of the system, or get a friend, and while one have the hostages close to a planet, the other goes to the prison and take the prisoners.

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - Jihadjoe - 12-31-2008

' Wrote:From past experience, I've yet to meet someone actually play along with a hostage situation.

What has happened every time is that I either have to eject a passenger and shoot them with the turrets but then fail as the lawfuls tractor it in.
Or I have to RP that I am shooting etc them inside the ship.
Yet, when my ship later goes boom the lawfuls have a tendancy (IE always) to just say that the hostages are alive and well.
It's bloody annoying and plain bad form. With a side order of metagaming mixed in.

Can people PLEASE not destroy over an hour's etc worth of in game solid RP by going 'They are all alive and well, and joo suxxx!!!!!1111one' etc.

That was unplanned and not agreed to peice of roleplay. We prevented that from happening as it impacted in a -huge- way on our own roleplay. You didn't seem to take that into consideration before trying it. If you want to do hostage stuff then contact us ooc -before it happens-.

It was powergaming for you to attempt that peice of roleplay anyway (I have ur men lulz, do what I sayz), and it made us all rather angry. So the terms kettle and pot come to mind here. Don't fling mud.

A small question to Liberty Navy, LSF, LPI - casero - 12-31-2008

I forgot to say, a lot of the hostages died that time (he went to the sun atmosphere), that bloody terrorist did it very well....

so, hostages can be killed when you try it, don't blame us if you get destroyed and the cargo pods are in one piece.... because pirates don't complain when they destroy traders and get the entire loot from space.