Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Golden Chrysanthemums || From: Gustav Graves - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Golden Chrysanthemums || From: Gustav Graves (/showthread.php?tid=148489)

To: The Golden Chrysanthemums || From: Gustav Graves - G. Graves - 03-05-2017

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Gustav.Graves.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: mQoAxtk.png]

Towards the honorable Golden Chrysanthemum, good day. I don't believe we've had the pleasure yet. My name is Graves, an associate through the Orange Alliance from Liberty. I am contacting you in the hopes that you might be interested in hosting me for a while in Kusari. I am well aware of the animosity that might prevail towards my gender, but be assured that I am very inconspicuous and, of course, would pay for my expenses. Who knows, you might even appreciate someone who has a few names that he could tell in order to find new places in Liberty that are still in demand of Cardamine, hmm?

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: The Golden Chrysanthemums || From: Gustav Graves - Savannah - 03-07-2017

[Image: Z1GRPPW.png]

Hola, senor Graves, pleased to meet you. My name is Savannah, Savannah Maya, and si, I'm of hispanian origin, which, hopefully, will make it more convenient for you, since I suppose you had a pleasure to meet many more Outcasts than our Kusarian sisters. Or kusarians overall, for that matter.

First of all, I feel a bit sad that we made an impression upon you of a men-hating organisation. However many of our sisters suffered from gender-based inequality in many aspects of social life, infringement of even basic rights and opportunities for personal development, we don't consider every man responsible for that. We have reasons to deem women more suitable than men for certain tasks and positions, yet the opposite may also hold true in particular situations.

It flatters us that you offer us certain business favours in Liberty. At the same time you should be well aware where our interests in Liberty end. Right, there are other parties who do that job and too many reasons for us to refrain from going too far in such endeavours.

Now, our installations are certainly crowded, but housing one extra person wouldn't be much of a problem, we even have special guest apartments for visitors. Though, before fulfilling your request, we must ask you the following. What's your purpose for staying in Kusari? If you are seeking some adventure, I suggest to consider finding some more entertaining place. If however, you need, so to say, to lay low for a while, then we must inquire what is it you are trying to escape and why wouldn't you go to more remote yet easily available regions, for giving you a refuge may result in consequences for us and bring harm to our sisters.

Looking forward for your reply.

[Image: I5MF6Yz.png]

RE: To: The Golden Chrysanthemums || From: Gustav Graves - G. Graves - 03-07-2017

...uploading.data...

Miss Savannah, a pleasure.

I would apologize first for any misunderstandings I might have caused. It it true, as you say, that I had more to do with the Outcasts in Liberty and a bit more up north than with women and men of Kusari. I believe this is mostly just to the métier in which I tread; the Maltese simply have the longer-reaching arm when it comes to such things. By no means did I intend to imply that the Chrysanthemums are a hate driven or even misandric organisation. I have heard terrible things about the issues you raised coming from Kusari. Given my background, I am well aware that some positions are better filled with people who show certain characteristics, and you are very much right in saying that certain characteristics occur more frequently in one or the other gender.

It humbles me to hear that there is, in principle, no problem with my request. While the Lane Hackers in general might appear like a more adventurous bunch than most organisations whose members are hunted zealously by Ageira and their puppets, I can assure you that the level of danger I pose in that regard is contained to the usual hazard of being affiliated with the Lane Hackers. While it is true that I was a member of the inner circle but a while ago, neither them nor I hold any grudges against the other, and I dare even say that our parting was cordial, yet it does leave me with a certain degree of emptiness that only commitment to a cause can fill. I hoped to learn, if possible, and provide a hand whenever possible. That is all there is to it.

Thank you for your time, Miss Savannah.

RE: To: The Golden Chrysanthemums || From: Gustav Graves - Savannah - 03-08-2017

[Image: dO2qphu.png]

I assure you, senor Graves, no apologies are necessary. Allow me a measure of doubt about how cordial one could part with the Inner Circle, however internal Lane Hacker issues are not our concern.

As you are no doubt aware, our movement has several known to your organisation installations in Kusari space. I see you prefer to keep your cards hidden, and I respect that. Which, however, leaves us at a disadvantage as to where you would prefer to be housed. We also would like to know if you require hangar space for your ship and, if yes, how often it is going to be used.

RE: To: The Golden Chrysanthemums || From: Gustav Graves - G. Graves - 03-09-2017

...uploading.data...

[Image: r5nRPyp.png]

The Inner Circle, although very opinionated, is at its core a very reasonable assortment of all sorts of interests. I can assure you that it is very well possible to come to terms with them in such a regard. Then again, my own view might be a bit romanticised.

In terms of location, I had hoped for Ainu in Hokkaido, or Morioka in Shikoku. My ship is a Vindicator, a model that you should be familiar with, as I dare to remember that the Inner Circle had an exchange with the Chrysanthemums where at least one of these switched the owner. It would probably find use moderately often; I would guess twice a week for multiple hours. I hope this is satisfactory, ma'am.

RE: To: The Golden Chrysanthemums || From: Gustav Graves - Savannah - 03-09-2017

[Image: vUY7ZrO.png]

This is nice to hear, senor Graves. Certainly we are all interdependent here, there is enough external pressure to keep grudges where it can be avoided.

Still you leave me at a disadvantage again in providing you all amenities you might require. Should it be Morioka you are willing to stay at, wouldn't Leiden be more convenient for you as a base of operations since the two stations are within arm's reach? If, however, it's Ainu, and you desire, so to speak, to exchange experiences with us, wouldn't Cali be preferable, with superior technological level of Outcasts seasoned in all sorts of activities, together with our Kusarian goals being for you rather distant? And if what you require is to keep a low profile, we would like to know what protection would be necessary for your safety.

RE: To: The Golden Chrysanthemums || From: Gustav Graves - G. Graves - 03-10-2017

...uploading.data...

Incidentally, I am currently on Leiden. What a coincidence.

You observe keenly, Miss Savannah, though it appears I need to repeat myself from two messages ago when I say that my interest is a scholarly one as well. I've fought the fight for the Orange Dream in Liberty for the longest time now, working alongside the Outcasts whenever possible, as it is always the biggest reassurance to have a pilot by one's side whose reaction times are thrice as fast as that of the average Liberty pilot, making them the ideal partners in the more rough patches of Liberty. You are right in saying that the 'Kusarian goals' are rather distant to me, but I'm trying to change that. Not more and not less. There is no additional degree of protection necessary. I need not hide.

RE: To: The Golden Chrysanthemums || From: Gustav Graves - Savannah - 03-10-2017

[Image: D6Alw2U.png]

Alright. A place on Ainu is arranged for you, feel free to arrive at time of your convenience.

We are all expendable, we place safety of our Sisters before our personal interests. The same is expected from you.

Welcome to Kusari, senor Graves.

RE: To: The Golden Chrysanthemums || From: Gustav Graves - G. Graves - 03-13-2017

...uploading.data...

[Image: Iv1On5Z.png]

I will keep your words at heart, Miss Savannah. Things on my end are wrapped up and I will move within the hour.

Thank you for your kindness.