Discovery Gaming Community
To: GRN| High Command - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: GRN| High Command (/showthread.php?tid=148543)

To: GRN| High Command - Thunderer - 03-07-2017

[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Oolong
To: GRN HC

Respected enemy,

If your intelligence service is good for anything, you know who I am and what my role in the Bretonian Armed Forces is. You might already know what I want, but in order to be sure, I am sending you this letter.

Bretonia is a sinking ship. We who know the truth are managing to hide it, but it is only a matter of time when the weight of the forces, which you have sent to unlawfully take what is not yours, sinks it into a disarray of discord, sin and blood, which so often deluges lands that are conquered. I know my men well enough to tell you that they will fight you until the very end. When the front collapses, we will fight you in the capital, and when New London falls, my forces in Cambridge, Poole and the Near Omegas will continue the struggle until the last underground bunker of Planet Sprague is silenced. This will cost you so dearly that you will not be open to any kind of mercy when it is over. It will cost me a Bretonia, and it will cost Bretonia everything.

I love Bretonia. I love her so passionately that I cannot hide from you my desire for her. She does not have to sink and you do not have to lose anything precious. Instead, we can save your prize together. I can tell you where and when to attack. I cannot order my men to attack other Bretonians, but I can, at the head of my fleets, deliberately arrive late for the decisive battle. That will ensure your easy victory, but what follows after is the main subject of this letter. Your King cannot rule Bretonia directly from New Paris, instead he will have to appoint a governor. If that governor is a Gaul, he will not be liked, so you will have to keep large garrisons on your conquered planets to enforce your authority, which is expensive. In that case, I will arouse my men, if the governor is another Bretonian declare him a traitor, take over the South and refuse to submit, and continue the war as I have described. I offer you to save your ships, ammunition and other resources, and your men. In return, I ask to be appointed, by your monarch, for the Governor of the Province of Bretonia, as whole as possible, and rule in his name. With me in command of the remaining forces in the South, there will be no one to arouse the South. With a Bretonian ruling over Bretonia, a hero of the war too, there will be no need for large garrisons. In fact, there would be no need for your garrisons at all, as you will grant Bretonia full internal autonomy, which will win over the common man's heart and make him see how pointless resistance was. Externally, of course, I will ensure that your campaigns are supported as well as they can be. Accepting this offer will, instead of costing you resources, provide fresh ones instead. It is implied that you keep this letter secret, as it possesses the power to discredit me, and thus cause you the mentioned expenses.

I am indeed in love with Bretonia, but power attracts me more. What happens after me is not my issue. When my rule ends, you will be able to do whatever you like with Bretonia, as everyone able to stop you will already have forgotten why the war was fought in the first place. But if I, a hero and a savior of my people, leave this world too early, then you might need garrisons after all. You know well who they would blame.

It is clear that this is a win-win-win offer. You win, Bretonia wins, and I win. Queen Carina and the Royal Family are somewhat left out of this, but they are a few people standing in the way of many. I still respect the Queen because she has honoured me with the title of a Knight, but if the King honours me with more, you can be assured that I will respect him as much as he pays.

Bretonia and I eagerly await your response, and wish you the worst war fortune in the meantime.

Sir George R. Hall
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies