Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Red Hessian Army // From: The Lane Hackers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Red Hessian Army // From: The Lane Hackers (/showthread.php?tid=148710)

Pages: 1 2

To: The Red Hessian Army // From: The Lane Hackers - Nick Nack - 03-13-2017

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Infiltrator.Nick.Nack.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: Zr9yeio.png][Image: F2gVlap.png]

Esteemed friends from Rheinalnd , my name is Nick Nack and I am an Infilitrator of the Lane Hackers.
Since I hate useless chatter, I will go straight to the points I would like to discuss about with you. Namely your newly established laws.

First and foremost, as you are well-aware we have negotiated an agreement about the mutual protection of smuggling convoys with your former Generalmajor. Cardamine convoys in particular enjoyed protection while none of this substance ended up in Rheinland. Thus, in honor of this agreement, an exception is warrant to be added in your legal codex.

Secondly, we have read that Interspace Commerce, a corporate giant dedicated in the exploitation of the working class and great enemy of the Lane Hackers is listed as a friend to your movement, while surprisingly we are not. If it is true we would like to know more about the reasoning behind this decision.

Finally, we noticed another terrible mistake as the Lane Hackers are not listed in the approved Blood Diamond shippers list. Please update your list so that our smuggling ring can begin purchasing your diamonds again, a very profitable business for both factions.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: The Red Hessian Army // From: The Lane Hackers - Nick Nack - 03-17-2017

...Infiltrator.Nick.Nack.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

Signal boosted

RE: To: The Red Hessian Army // From: The Lane Hackers - Wesker - 03-18-2017

Unknown Location , Omega-54
17. März, 824 A.S.

[Image: QiQFwGr.gif]

Sender: SOA Agent Dáinsleif, Generalmajor's personal guard.
Recipient: Infiltrator Nick Nack
Topic: Lane Hackers

Herr,

The Generalmajor was suprised to hear from our ally that has -until recently- never been seen distributing the diamonds from Fretial, while the Generalmajor is slightly "displeased" at this, the Generalmajor and the Army will be willing to renew the laws and allow you to "continue" distributing blood diamonds in Liberty. The Generalmajor and the Army expect the cardamine trade to remain outside of the Omegas and Rheinland, regardless of what deal you had in the past, one unit of Cardamine for the pilot's survival will be permitted, but no more than that. Generalmajor Heinrich is not nearly as lenient nor forgiving on the substance entering the Army's territory as past Generalmajors.

On the topic of Blood diamonds the Generalmajor would like to add that absolutely no blood diamonds under any circumstances are to be bought from or sold to the Unioners. The Unioners are traitors to the volksrevolution, any and all violators found dealing with the Unioners will be killed. In fact, the Generalmajor would advise you cease smuggling blood diamonds through the Bering system, however, it is not a demand.

The Interspace Commerce are not close allies with the Army by any means, more or less temporary business partners, the Interspace Commerce does not exploit the working class in Rheinland on any means close to that of Daumann or Kruger minerals. While you might have your reasons for having such a grudge, the Interspace is seen as a "beneficial tool" to the Army in some scenarios. The Interspce commerce shares the Army's distaste for the Corsair filth polluting the Omegas, as well as the Unioner movement which has betrayed the Volksrevolution. The Interspace Commerce is by no means shown the respect the Army is showing the Lane Hackers. While it might seem surprising to you, the Army has been in minimal to no contact with the Lane Hackers for a very long time. You'll have to excuse the list of allies to the Volksrevolution, it will be changed.

Agent Dáinsleif
Generalmajor's personal guard

Transmission End

To: Generalmajor Annabelle Heinrich, The Red Hessian Army - Nicole Hunter - 03-19-2017

...Professor.Provocateur.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 1b.png][Image: 7.png]

Frau Generalmajor Heinrich,

My name is Nicole Hunter and I believe we have not had a pleasure to speak yet. Having this opportunity I wish to congratulate you the appointment as a Generalmajor of the great Red Hessian Army. We always held in great esteem your predecessors and I hope this will be a good opportunity to establish this acquaintance in a similar fashion. The message received from Agent Dáinsleif has seriously perplexed our entire Professorship - and this is why I decided to contact you directly in order to make sure we understood all your intentions properly.

We believe that you have been misinformed about the nature, quantity and significance of past and recent cooperation between the Lane Hackers and the Red Hessian Army. It is most likely that this has happened simply due to internal chaos during the staff reorganization on your appointment. However, we also cannot rule out a possibility that a hostile infiltrator has poisoned your ranks. Such creatures are a plague in every great organization. I must confess that despite our almost-paranoid security procedures just recently we have been betrayed by a very prominent member of our Inner Circle. We have no solid evidence but if you want to be sure we advise you to launch an internal investigation on one of your leutnants. While we have no doubts that your fine officer is innocent, it might be worthwhile to screen her circle of contacts.

Professor Nicole Hunter made a pause and smirked.

It would be hilarious if it turned out that there is a link with the recent crusade we have been facing... But I have digressed greatly. Let me get back to the matter at hand. It is not true that only recently our smuggling wings have started to bring your Blood Diamonds to Liberty. We estimate that over the years Blood Diamonds were involved in over 20% of all our smuggling operations. Just consider the attached registry of our subsidized shipments - weren't we in fact one of your biggest subsidized exporter? And these are just the registered shipments not counting regular smuggling operations of tenfold magnitude.

However, I believe that the sheer help in distribution of your Blood Diamonds is the least of things we have done for you. What brought us together years ago was not only compatibility of ideals, but most of all compatibility of needs. What you desperately needed back then was the security of the Blood Diamonds market in Liberty and access to rare high-technology and software to further your infrastructure within deep Omegas. We have provided you with both, answering your numerous calls, be it for resources, intelligence gathering or even direct combat support. While The Red Hessian Army was always generous for our services, I like to think that our friendship was one of the pillars on which you have built your might in the Omegas.

This brings me to the concept of oxygen. Fairies were not the ones who built your bases and battleships. It were your hard-working engineers, who would have achieved nothing without sufficient resources funded almost exclusively through Blood Diamonds trade. It is the Blood Diamonds trade what keeps your battleships fueled, your weapons firing, your soldiers fed and your stations provisioned. Blood Diamonds are the air that lets you breathe and the oxygen in your veins that lets you live. For you - Blood DIamonds, for your mortal Corsair enemies - the Artifacts, for us - the Cardamine. While it is true that Rheinland smuggling route is neither the shortest, nor the most important for us, this is still our oxygen pipeline.

Please, do not tinker with our life support.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Professor Provovateur
Nicole Hunter

RE: To: The Red Hessian Army // From: The Lane Hackers - Wesker - 03-20-2017

20. März, 824 A.S.

[Image: C5ssk9W.png]

[img float=right]http://i.imgur.com/fv57Yz2.png?3[/img]

Sender: Generalmajor Anna Heinrich, Rote Hessen Armee.
Recipient: Nicole Hunter

Guten Abend,

I was astonished to hear a group that holds such high standards would send a messenger boy for such a serious and delicate matter. However, it's good to see the Lane Hackers are taking this matter seriously now, I am not unaware of the past dedication the Lane Hackers have shown the Army and for that reason the Lane Hackers are held with more respect that I would bother to give to most. The supplies listed above however, expires at the end of 822 A.S. the time when I took charge of the Volksrevolution, while I did in fact divert funding for delicate reasons, I did not expect the trade to cease completely. Hence why I'd question your reasoning for holding the Oberkommando to blame for an incident where the evidence points back at the accuser. The Blood Diamond trade has funded several aspects of life for those living under the Volksrevolution, and has funded the creation of some advanced fighter craft, but it has by no means funded anything on the scale that you claim. The raw materials and weaponry for our warships is derived from the resource-abundant-areas of the Omegas and other business partners. While you have been an essential asset to the Liberty front of Blood Diamond distribution in previous years, you are by no means its current entire backbone. I can easily have the Junkers Marauders and the Junkers Congress distribute the Blood diamonds to Liberty, I hear they're less inclined with the Unioners as the Lane Hackers have come to be.

That being said, I have no interest in making an adversary out of the Lane Hackers, which is why as my guard stated, I am willing to -and have- allowed you to resume where you left off with the Blood Diamond distribution in Liberty. I am however, very serious on the topic of the Unioners, the Blood Diamonds aren't just a means of funding, they're a symbol of support, and are disgraced by the Unioners as means for selfish profit. If you are as interested as you seem to be in distributing Blood Diamonds and keeping your ties with the Army, you will refrain from engaging in any business with the Unioners that involves the trade, selling, or buying of Blood Diamonds. I am also very serious when I say any and all violators will be killed. Might I inform you to reconsider whatever past relations you had with the Unioners, as they are in works with the Corsairs against the Volksrevolution, and potentially its allies. I'm giving you this forewarning personally as a result of your past cooperation with the Volksrevolution.

On the topic of Cardamine, I have not and will not tolerate any more than one or two units of Cardamine in the Army's territory. The difference in our "Oxygen pipelines" is that the Blood Diamonds are purchased in support for the Army as well as monetary reasons. Cardamine is a drug that controls people and has ruined the lives of many people in Rheinland, there's no way to break free from the chains of Cardamine once it's worked its way into a person's lungs, the same cannot be said for someone potentially interested in Blood diamonds. People purchase Cardamine to survive, and while I'm sure a respectable party such as yourself would never seek to ruin the lives of Rheinland's people in return for their own profit, the same cannot be said for other parties smuggling the substance into Rheinland and the Omegas.

However, your talents in surveillance, unique technology, and loyal partnership, is something that would make me reconsider some portion of the Cardamine trade in Northern Rheinland. That discussion can be pushed back for another time if and when you decide to take interest in the betterment of your allies and the security of your Life support.

Finally, this traitor you speak of, the number of Lieutenants in our ranks rounds close to the number of Blood Diamonds you've delivered, and naming the gender only cuts the number in half. A name would be most appreciated. I'll await your reply on the matter of Cardamine.

Generalmajor Annabelle Heinrich
Rote Hessen Armee

Transmission End

To: Generalmajor Annabelle Heinrich, The Red Hessian Army - Nicole Hunter - 03-23-2017

...uploading.data...

[Image: 1a.png][Image: 7.png]

Sehr geehrte Frau Generalmajor Heinrich,

I do believe that we are slowly building a mutual understanding. Therefore, let me address several topics you have brought in your communique.

While our Blood Diamonds smuggling operations in the previous year did not cease completely, you are absolutely right that they were significantly reduced. It happened in a great part due to unpaid subsidy which Mr Scorpius mentioned in his last transmission to your logistics department. After that incident most of our smugglers decided to temporarily refocus their attention on different routes and commodities deemed as more solid. The Professorship did not want to pursue this unpleasant matter further for the sake of our friendly relations, but since you have mentioned it, I was forced to bring it up.

Furthermore, I must stress that smuggling is not a primary role of The Lane Hackers as much as Red Hessians themselves. Years have passed since our scanners picked up your Logistic Corps bringing Blood Diamonds to New York, while it was not an uncommon view almost a decade ago. Like yourself we do evolve and adapt to a situation at hand - like yourself we also partially rely on intermediaries to do the grunt work for us. Your claim that we are not essential for the distribution of Blood Diamonds in Liberty is based on the false assumption that we are not in a control of the black market there. Yet both Junkers and unaffiliated adventure seekers smuggling Blood Diamonds into New York were, are and - I predict - will still be enjoying our protection.

As for the Cardamine it is something that always divided us - yet never was an unbreachable obstacle. Obviously, while I respect your views on this matter, I strongly disagree with them. I do not hope to sway your stance on the matter, but please do humor my whim, and treat this attempt as an entertaining thought experiment. You must know that the entire Professorship and the Inner Circle of The Lane Hackers - including me - are terminally addicted Cardamine users. If this drug was so devastating as you claim we would be nothing more than a disorganized gang of "junkies". Yet contrary to the common concept of a "junkie" - being well organized and disciplined - we have embraced the Cardamine as a mind enhancer which greatly extended our intellectual potential as hackers, engineers and operatives. It is a common knowledge that generations-long exposure to Cardamine has augmented Outcasts' reflexes and coordination - making them so formidable fighter pilots. This is because on physiological level Cardamine is simply a catalyst for emergence of new neural connections in an affected brain tissue. Besides extreme cases the only costs are the addiction itself and reduced fertility - a reasonable price a conscious person can choose to pay. I believe that when you say that Cardamine "has ruined the lives of many people" you mistake the symptom with the cause. It was not the drug that ruined their lives - it was the corrupted corporatocratic system we are both so fiercely opposing that marginalized and abused them. These poor wretches just lacked the required strength to withstand the odds and plunged into hopeless despair. Weren't it Cardamine, any other drug or even alcohol would serve the same purpose - being just a symptom of deeper problems in the society itself - problems which your Volksrevolution aim to cure.

Regardless whether you will find my argumentation reasonable or not, I do understand that presented view might still be too radical for the common people of Volksrevolution. Therefore while we cannot simply accept unilateral cessation of prior agreement concerning the matter and still keep smiling, we believe there is a mutually satisfiable way of maintaining the status-quo. The example comes from our mutual business partner - Independent Miners Guild. I trust I can tell you that while IMG is publicly condemning the Cardamine, all their senior security officers are given directive to ignore our smugglers passing through Taus as part of our mutually beneficial arrangements.

Please advise on a possibility of a similar solution.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Professor Provovateur
Nicole Hunter

P.S. Just as a side-note, Mr Nick Nack's rank within our organization makes him a counterpart to your Major. Having completed a series of extremely demanding tests and achievements, which places him in a top 10% of our Inner Circle, he is hardly a messenger boy. Thus I am also quite astonished that task as simple as ensuring that prior agreements are still in force evolved into such a high profile event.

RE: To: The Red Hessian Army // From: The Lane Hackers - Wesker - 03-23-2017

22. März, 824 A.S.

Guten Abend,

As I mentioned before, it was necessary to divert funding to other pillars of the Volksrevolution to prevent it from falling further when I took direct control. While it displeases me greatly, I won't hold a grudge over it, and as I've said before: you've been given permission to continue buying and selling the Blood Diamonds. Furthermore you're misinterpreting my words, I did in fact say that you have been an essential asset to the distribution of Blood Diamonds for the obvious reasons you just listed out. However when I say the current entire backbone of the blood diamond distribution I mean the Sirius-wide distribution of the product. The Lane Hackers are essential to the Liberty market, but are no means the current largest Sirius-wide distributor. However, I hope you continue to take advantage of the business your Major so it seems, described as profitable for both parties. I hope that closes all concerns regarding the blood diamonds, it would very much disappoint me to see you refuse.

I think you and I both knew this was a high profile event from the start, and your associates rank doesn't make me any less surprised or regretful. If you're as well informed and powerful as your words make you out to be, than you know making me budge on the topic of Cardamine will likely come at a very good deal, as well as continued loyalty to the Army. While our parties might share a solid past friendship, I can't help but be weary of the loyalty of parties, even those I consider friends, with Unioner movement taking such a radical turn, as well as the change of events in Bretonia. If I'm correct the Lane Hackers are no friends of Bretonia, the same cannot be said with the Unioners.

Now, what you say is right, I don't discriminate against everyone who uses the substance, but I most certainly will not allow its unconditioned spread through my territory. I've been told it has its benefits, but during my time in field, I've noticed no difference against pilots I've been told use the substance. Obviously my personal experience can't speak for everyone, and I'm not arrogant enough to believe that Cardamine holds no potential benefits to its user. But at the same time, from what I can gather, the negative effects are not extreme cases. The Outcasts are currently suffering from a population issue, if I'm correct, one so drastic that even the IMG -a group of non-military-combatant- miners are an issue for the Maltese Navy. I can only assume the same extreme condition is the reason the Lane Hackers are less in numbers compared to other groups in Liberty, unless the Lane Hackers are larger in quantity than past records suggest. The abuse of the substance might be a result corporate oppression, but your friends the Outcasts don't seem to be helping the issue with their desire to expand the market into Rheinland. As I've stated, while I'm sure you wouldn't seek to cripple the people of Rheinland with the substance, I cannot just ignore the negative effects of the substance and allow it to flow through Rheinland and the Omegas.

However, as stated before I am willing to negotiate a deal regarding the product's flow through northern Rheinland. Note that this would ONLY apply to the Lane Hackers, your friends the Outcasts do not share our past friendship, and will not be included in this deal. If there are any other routes that extend to southern Rheinland or the Omegas, specify them and I will review them with the Oberkommando. Continued loyalty to the Army is priority above all, I have no interest in making an enemy out of the Lane Hackers, but I will react with the utmost hostility to any involvement with the Unioners regarding blood diamonds, there is one other thing however... The scanning technology the Lane Hackers posses catches my attention, as you might have known for decades the Army has used the hellish environment of the Omegas to its benefit. Radar is something you seem to have in spades, if the Lane Hackers were willing to share a portion, not too large, with the Army, you would be allowed to move through northern Rheinland with Cardamine. However, I will not tolerate its distribution on any Federal or Hessian bases. The specifics of the what I desire can be addressed as soon as I've confirmed you've agreed to keep distributing and allowing the distribution of Blood Diamonds through Liberty.

I'll await your reply.

Rote Hessen Armee

Transmission End

To: Generalmajor Annabelle Heinrich, The Red Hessian Army - Nicole Hunter - 03-27-2017

...uploading.data...

Sehr geehrte Frau Generalmajor Heinrich,

I am glad we're on the same page.

As for the technology exchange you hinted here is my proposal. We will install and calibrate one of our unmounted Spyglass Scanners on a battleship of your choice. In return, you will capture for us one either Corsair or Rheinland Military gunboat, which should be just a formality for mighty Red Hessian Army. We are currently upgrading our gunship model and are planning to reverse engineer several gunboats of our enemies as part of the development process. The gunship should be delivered along the battleship to one of our bases in Liberty where we will install the scanner and receive the captured ship.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Professor Provovateur
Nicole Hunter

RE: To: The Red Hessian Army // From: The Lane Hackers - Wesker - 03-29-2017

28. März, 824 A.S.

Guten Abend,

I would've thought cardamine tolerance in my territory -or part of it-, was enough, never the less I am committed to acquiring what I desire at a slight extra cost. I'd go ahead and question your reasoning for relying on an outdated Federal or imperial warship design for an upgrade, the Hessian design is far more reliable. With recent upgrades its now capable of challenging the Imperator head on, but it if it is an Imperial or Federal technology you require to make whatever progress your engineers hope to achieve, I won't question their opinion. An Oder class gunboat should be simple to acquire with our influence over other parties that have abundant access to this technology.

I wasn't highly interested in a spyglass scanner for a Jormungand warship. Bringing such a vessel to Hudson poses extreme risk, and I will not chance one of our precious warships despite how elusive the Lane Hackers can be with their dealings. The Jormungands either move in large schools or lock down key system connections individually anyways. What I do infact require is a spyglass scanner for a lighter vessel, a modified Sabre, my personal prototype in the works. The compatibility with the ships design should be workable for our engineers but the instructions on how to install the scanner may be mandatory for the Lane Hackers to provide since the technology is so unique to my engineers. If you can confirm this you'll have what you desire in a very short time span.

Rote Hessen Armee

Transmission End

To: Generalmajor Annabelle Heinrich, The Red Hessi... - Nicole Hunter - 03-29-2017

...uploading.data...

Dear Ms Heinrich,

I am afraid what you're asking for is impossible due to numerous reasons - mostly technical and financial. I will not ask where did you learn about our new scanner, as we have deployed enough units already to make it no longer a secret it used to be. However, your spies apparently did not manage to understand a general premise behind the Spyglass Network Scanner or failed to rely it to you. As a sign of my goodwill and friendship I will disclose to you a small excerpt from the top secret documentation that while does not contain any technical details explains the general concept of our solution.

[Image: 34.png]

Spyglass Network Architecture is a three tier system based on the idea of distributed network of processing units that in the case of insufficient performance falls back on decentralized network of processing hubs. While a typical very heavy fighter can mount at least a rudimentary array of Spyglass antennas and sensors it cannot host a processing unit powerful enough to accommodate the raw signal and translate it into useful data in real time. The solution to this problem is to simply share the raw signal data with other processing units to make it possible.

Tier I
A wing of several small vessels can connect to each other directly creating a small distributed network of processing units. One of the ships with installed Spyglass scanner shares raw signal data with all its peers in the network and together they simultaneously compute and render the scanning results. A latency of this solution will be minimal.

Tier II
If a there are not enough vessels in range to create a fully autonomous distributed processing network, a Lane Hacker ship can connect directly to the closest processing hub. Mactan, Cochrane, Leiden and Airdrie will compose a decentralized network capable of near instant compilation of compressed raw signal data and returning fully processed results to a lone Lane Hacker vessel in range. Latency of this solution will be negligible.

Tier III
Finally, if a lone Lane Hacker ship is not in range of any of our processing hubs it can still use a nearby lane network to reach it through Neural Net. This solution will be the most risky and erroneous due to typical security measures of the lane network, possibility of detection and finally limited bandwidth. However, maintaining low profile and performing only short scanning bursts should minimize those risk to acceptable levels.

As you can see Spyglass Network Scanners installed on small ships are nothing more than clients connecting to the Spyglass Network servers hosted on our bases and composed of the infrastructure that was being built for years and cost billions of credits. It works well in Liberty due to several factors such as dense network of trade lanes, our expertise in hacking the neural net and a relatively dense network of our bases themselves. Neither of these apply to Red Hessians in deep Omegas. In simpler words, you're asking for a Neural-net browser for yourself in a place where there is no Neural-net and you cannot expect us to build you one.

Unlike our small version, standard Spyglass Scanner mounted on a battleship is a fully autonomous unit. My offer still stands. If you are concerned about the safety of your battleship I am sure we can arrange the operation to take place in Omega-3 at the shipyard of our mutual friend.

Kind regards,
Professor Provocateur
Nicole Hunter