Discovery Gaming Community
Hello from an old freelancer player - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Hello from an old freelancer player (/showthread.php?tid=148765)

Hello from an old freelancer player - Falloutfreelancer - 03-16-2017

HI names Fallout Freelancer.

im an old freelancer "vet". i had played freelancer for about 3 -4 yrs on an old dell inspiron and older com's taking to my favorite ships the Rheinland heavy fighter (which ive gotten in the campaign these are the same ones that fire on the Rheinland battleship with cloaking devices)

loved that scene the most <3 I am wanting to play freelancer again hopefully to get back to the old ships and game i once enjoyed.

If anyone has Teamviewer and knows how to get the game working id love the help.

and if anyone can tell me if there is a cloaking device mod or that Discovery freelancer now has cloaking as a thing in the game PLZ TELL ME.

i last remember playing freelancer Discovery and owning my favorite ship on 3 different cahracters with around 14.5 billion credits in transport travel in a Junkers ship. and id love to go through that again with someone willing.

its been far too long to remember those lines i took but i rememebr the systems like the back of my hand like those wrecks in omicron and sigma systems that gave jade, diamondback, onyx, and hammerhead.

all the help is appreciated.
and thanks.

RE: Hello from an old freelancer player - Smokey - 03-16-2017

Yep, we now have cloaks!! Yay

Trading ore is probably the biggest earner.. One of the trading factions is always a good place to start (Input shameless plug for BMF here)

If you're looking for help installing, drop me a PM and i'll help you out.. Simple install these days

Cheers mate, Stay frosty

RE: Hello from an old freelancer player - Vendetta - 03-16-2017

Welcome to the community!

You can find a lot of helpful links at the top bar. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

If you're interested in the Junkers, you may consider trying out one of the two official factions: The Junker Marauders, or The Junkers Congress.

RE: Hello from an old freelancer player - NoMe - 03-16-2017

hello *vet* Wink as say vendetta

[quote='Vendetta' pid='1875416' dateline='1489647230']
Welcome to the community!

You can find a lot of helpful links at the top bar. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

oops bad quote

RE: Hello from an old freelancer player - diamond1 - 03-16-2017

Welcome and yes there are cloaks but they are not easy to make! Unfortunantly the code name weapons like jade and such are no longer obtainable in game and must be traded

RE: Hello from an old freelancer player - Aurora- - 03-16-2017

(03-16-2017, 06:31 AM)Falloutfreelancer Wrote: and if anyone can tell me if there is a cloaking device mod or that Discovery freelancer now has cloaking as a thing in the game

Of course. There are four types:
- Cloaking Device Mk1 - Fighters, Bombers, Freighters
- Cloaking Device Mk2 - Gunboats, and Cruisers
- Cloaking Device Mk2 Advanced - Battlecruiser, Battleship, Heavy Carrier, Dreadnoughts
- Cloaking Device Mk3 - Transport ship

RE: Hello from an old freelancer player - Etaphreven - 03-16-2017

Welcome back to Disco!

I have a cloak on my transport ship and I can vouch for its awesomeoness. I hope you get the game to work!

RE: Hello from an old freelancer player - baivan - 03-17-2017

Hehe
Welcome back i guess Smile

I myself have been coming and going from this place for 9 years!
Last time i played cloaks ware eating shield bats,this still the case?

RE: Hello from an old freelancer player - deepak - 03-26-2017

Hey dude. Welcome back.

Yes there is now cloaking device that is powered by batteries. And that in a sense is a flip side because batteries takes cargo space. And though batteries do not cost much but the cargo space gets occupied fairly quickly.

Anyway cloaking device has some super strategic uses.

I look forward to see you in game. If you need any help please do contact on PM or in game