Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Inner Phalanx - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Inner Phalanx (/showthread.php?tid=148823)

To: The Inner Phalanx - Reeves - 03-18-2017

[Image: xOqCVj6.gif]

Agency 404

Transmission; Start
Identification: Operative Avery Reeves
Encryption: Secure

initializing image feed...
image feed available...

[--------------------------------------------------------------]
[Image: ea579a49a9181ed8214b354931244b05.jpg]

Raven; Hunt,

I'm not one to suddenly contact people, but you made it clear I had an open invitation to communicate with you if I were to ever deem necessary. I'm utilizing that perk as of this moment.

This ship alone has faced three consecutive incursions within the span of a single month. All of which were sudden lightning strikes by large quantities of nomad husks. It hasn't been difficult repelling them, but this isn't what scares me. Perhaps you know better than anyone else how smart the abandoned successors are, they can't beat us now, but they will find a way sooner or later. If not by infecting my crew, then by crushing us under a might we cannot stand up to.

I cannot go to the Order and I cannot go to Liberty, for both can be equally complacent in their own rights. But if there is ever to be an event of catastrophic proportions, I'd rather be safe than sorry. I briefly managed to negotiate technology deals with a ranking member of your movement, one Nesrin Khan who has since fallen out of contact and ceased being our diplomatic liason with you.

Should Liberty fall, or worse face another infestation threat from within, consequences will be far and wide for all of us. Nesrin was on the verge of securing a transfer of defensive technology schematics to us, roughly around the time your first attempt at a cease-fire had failed. Tensions have since then, thankfully dropped given your good-will with Bretonia, a House I don't intend to see suffer consequence if these incursions mount with increasing pace and frequency.

I'm coming to you for help, I hate to pull the quid pro quo card, but I have put my neck on the line in the past to help the both of you. Your forces are largely deployed, the only asset I have control over with certainty is the Revenant, a somewhat aged and highly quirky Dreadnought. Filled with technology that was perhaps ahead of its time but does not work well whatsoever in their current combination.

These systems need fine tuning and perhaps new technologies could replace the defective components. But it will require proper and thorough inspection and tests, something I'm sure our technicians will be more than happy to take up with you if you can dispatch a representative.

That'll be all I have to say for now, I hope I haven't caught you at a bad time. But there can be no good moment in time when a threat so dire looms in my own backyard.

Transmission: End

RE: To: The Inner Phalanx - Kauket - 03-19-2017

[Image: 3WWcT45.png]

»INCOMING TRANSMISSION«

» COMM-ID: Keeper Raven
» ENCRYPTION: Secure
» LOCATION: ???
» SUBJECT:-

»STARTING MESSAGE«

Operative.

With the terms you present us and the offering of certain information regarding our fan favourites, the Inner Phalanx has decided to agree. You'll be forwarded information concerning possible areas of improvements where able, when it's ready.

Although, as I've mentioned the night before, I would like you to forward me your encounters, dealings and any communication with Khan. They've been acting on their own, we're failing to see any reports from them.

[[ENDING TRANSMISSION]]

RE: To: The Inner Phalanx - Reeves - 03-20-2017

Agency 404

Transmission; Start

image feed available...

This does go against a small code of mine.

I'm never usually one to betray the confidentiality of a source. But I suppose there's enough on the line for me to coax myself into doing it now. Please know I don't do this lightly and expect Templar Khan to be given a fair trial for any errors in conduct she may have committed.
Official Line - Neural-net link detected
Unofficial Line - Neural-net link detected

I have learned the hard way to never be out of integrity with ones self. An often undervalued principle in modern Sirius. I will be considering my betrayal of whatever trust I may have earned in Templar Khan's eyes as a contributing factor to the remuneration I'm offering in exchange for your technological assistance, it's only fair that I do and I doubt you'll truly disagree.

I do regret to inform you the black-box recordings I have from meetings with your pilots in Coronado have long since been pilfered through and destroyed during my brief custody. And it's not exactly as if I can simply approach the Navy and ask them for the grounds upon which they tried to charge me for treason, now is it?

Humour aside, for your solidarity in following through with this phase of the deal, I'm willing to share with you certain schematics of vessels you might have to commonly deal with in the future. Furthermore you'll be able to most likely use this schematic to remove the particular weaknesses from your own vessels of this type, if you were to ever begin replicating them that is. In exchange, I want a representative of yours to fully analyse our systems in-person, supervise some optimisation as well as the removal of the defective cloaking drive and replacement of this disruption module you offered to install.
Along with that engine and reaction control system we discussed, the research obtained from the same will be turned over to you along with the constructive observations of the operative who's been testing this new variant of propulsion systems thus far. I honestly nearly forgot about this bit and had to reflect back to our meeting.

The larger, more sumptuous part of information I currently hold is something I'd only be willing to turn over to you should you agree to undertaking a comprehensive refit of all the equipment of the ship. Such as the engines, weapons and shield system. Everything from pillar to post brought up to spec. Simply put, I'd be giving you the tools to crush the very basis of your enemy and I consider that a commodity that's worth much more than just system advice and a new module. This will serve as the new terms in return for that information you were interested in receiving.

Though I have one question I feel I need to ask as it might becoming a hindrance to our future technological cooperation. To what extent are you able to manufacture ship equipment?

Having said that, I'll cut the transmission here and wait for your response. Please take care and catch up on some rest, Keeper.

RE: To: The Inner Phalanx - Kauket - 04-07-2017

[Image: 0KEYSW9.png]

»INCOMING TRANSMISSION«

»STARTING MESSAGE«

Your requested upgrade is almost complete, but your ship is required to moor at Invergordon for device fitting and testing.

Upon reaching the station, one of our workers will forward you the data on a datapad that contains the specifications and field work. Worry not about the docking fees, we have it covered.

And thank you for the information concerning Khan, although it should be noted that they're no longer with us and now go under the callsign of Atar.

[[ENDING TRANSMISSION]]

RE: To: The Inner Phalanx - Reeves - 04-08-2017

Agency 404

Transmission; Start

image feed available...

Miss Raven,

I'll have the X.O assemble the crew and launch the ship as soon as possible, expect us to moor with Invergordon rather soon, no use in putting this off or delaying it from my end. Once we moor we'll fulfil our end of the bargain and send to you any data we might have on the ship about both the engine systems mounted on a certain ship of ours, as well as schematics of a vessel that is now no longer in my possession.

Thank you for being so professional about this and effective, a refreshing set of notions.

RE: To: The Inner Phalanx - Kauket - 04-08-2017

[Image: 0KEYSW9.png]

»INCOMING TRANSMISSION«

»STARTING MESSAGE«

For documentation purposes, here is the validation of the item relocation from the worker on scene.

>>FORWARDING DATA

[[ENDING TRANSMISSION]]