Discovery Gaming Community
The Sol Project - Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Sol Project - Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=149074)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The Sol Project - Feedback - The Sol Project - 03-29-2017

Information
Any feedback related to the Sol Project goes here Thanks in advance.

RE: The Sol Project (WIP) - Information/Feedback - The Sol Project - 03-29-2017

can be removed !!!

RE: The Sol Project (WIP) - Information/Feedback - Epo - 03-29-2017

That's interesting. I frankly doubt that Devs will let you actually make it into Sol, but the overall goal is interesting. Good luck (:

RE: The Sol Project (WIP) - Information/Feedback - kenshin156 - 03-29-2017

I mean.. There was a reason why they left Sol. Lots of conflict, probably lack of resources or space for People.
Oh and let's not Forget this Teeny-tiny Thing from the Wiki/Timeline^^

"When the Coalition arrive to take over Pluto, a Nomad superweapon appears and completely destroys Sol."

I doubt that there's much to see/do there. Especially since it clearly states this, too.

"The only survivor is an Alliance general named Atticus Rockford, who traveled to Sirius to warn the colonists. His ship is seen landing on Planet Manhattan, but his fate afterwards is unknown. "

Question is. What is commonly known or just rumored inRP. Of course there was a reason to leave Sol, but this project is only a research expedition.

RE: The Sol Project (WIP) - Information/Feedback - eigos - 03-29-2017

I think it is a very cool idea that could be explored. Remember one thing - if you do your roleplay on a high quality level and really engage with players in-game, you could achieve the goal.

Just as an example - in 2007-2008, I witnessed the first beginnings of the Hellfire Legion faction, flying under the Lane Hacker ID, based at Mactan (Magellan System). At that time, they didn't impress me with anything - they even lost most of the fights right outside of their base. And now, 10 years later, they have a full line of custom ships, a huge amount of lore behind them and govern a couple of systems independently.

It all comes down to your ability to roleplay your organisation well. I like the graphics you have put into it. You will also need to remain motivated in the face of many who will just dismiss your idea and tell you all about how "impossible" it is.

As for the dev side of things, a system that resembles something like Sol (or even two systems, one being the Kuiper Belt), can be done and it is not that hard. Learning to make systems is easy and the software is quite easy to use - that is up to you to learn and master. Do it well and it might be included into the game.

Good luck!

RE: The Sol Project (WIP) - Information/Feedback - Foxglove - 03-29-2017

I've already been contacted about this idea at some point. While what was asked of me was impossible, I am still open to help and coordinate with you as far as that's possible for me. I really do like the idea, and a human hypergate does sound like something that one could really extensively work towards. Looking forward to seeing where you take this. Smile

@"Mr NPC"
Thanks, exploring Sol ingame isn't on our top priority list. Might be just a bonus in case it will be a success and will create fun RP and encounters.

@eigos
Thanks for the motivating words. We will try our best of course. Exploring Sol ingame would be pretty awesome. It's infact a far future goal and we will start it in a moderate relaxed way without any rush.

@Foxglove
Thanks a lot aswell. The first contact between us was a little weird. Sorry from my side to that, I just misunderstood couple things and forwarded it to you quite incorrect We will stay in contact.

RE: The Sol Project (WIP) - Information/Feedback - The Sovereign - 03-29-2017

Hey there. I think this is a great idea that can provide a lot of RP, now and in the future for the server. PM me if you need any help.

RE: The Sol Project (WIP) - Information/Feedback - Backo - 03-29-2017

To be honest just because Sol was destroyed doesn't mean people of Sirius are 100% sure and aware it is. I mean it's pretty much a far-fetched project like a chase for Atlantis or something. I see no issue with the fact their end goal may or may not be achievable. Anyways the idea seems interesting, good luck! Smile