Discovery Gaming Community
To: Joshua Hunt || Old adversaries - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Joshua Hunt || Old adversaries (/showthread.php?tid=149162)

To: Joshua Hunt || Old adversaries - Valhalla Sr. - 04-02-2017

[Image: 8HD7C2k.png]

Sender ID: Tyr Cromwell

Encryption: S-SRT7713.alg

Listen carefully,

I know we've had our differences back in the day, we ended up shooting at each other, destroying ships, and what not. We had our fair share of differences but, If memory serves me right, you and me are somewhat similar. I've been abandoned by everyone that was around me, I haven't seen anyone from my old squad, nothing. I've been rotting away in this hellhole, swapping one ship for the other, until I gave up on everything. I need some help here, I know it's a long shot but, I have no one else to contact, so you seem like the right person to talk to now. I need help, and I need it badly. I've been rotting on this hellhole for 3 years. Does it sound convincing enough?

I just hope you won't send a goon squad to hunt me down, I recall the Legion being extremely powerful even back then.

Tyr

RE: To: Joshua Hunt || Old adversaries - Vendetta - 04-04-2017

[Image: 4seC3IO.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID: Joshua Hunt
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: Low
FREQUENCY: CMBRD Relay-48102
DELAY: 2.9/s
TOPIC: Old adversaries

____

Hm.

Old adversaries indeed. Interesting to find this name in my inbox, given recent circumstances.

Rotting in the Edge Worlds, huh? A fate fitting for a foe like yourself. There's a lot of reasons why I find myself questioning the integrity and truthfulness of this message. The reality is that I'm in a far more cautious position than I ever was back in those days. I've been out of the Legion for some time, and it's surprising that you didn't know. Then again, I wasn't a very well known name back then. Even so, I'm skeptical.

What're you hoping to achieve from this?

- Hunt

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Joshua Hunt || Old adversaries - Valhalla Sr. - 04-04-2017

[Image: 8HD7C2k.png]

Sender ID: Tyr Cromwell

Encryption: S-SRT7713.alg

Salvation, I guess.

Everyone's got their own story around here. Some say we cannot trust anyone nowadays, as everyone is a brainless nomad running around doing tasks for those nasty purple squids, others say there's war all across the sector and there's hardly anyone surviving the aftermath. So you know, I do not believe in stories that reach my ears. Everything is a lie, in my mind. I've been lied to most of my life apparently, and I found that out the hard way. See, being abandoned by everyone you worked with so hard to achieve something has a hard impact on your mental health, I guess. But then again, I think everything happens with a reason, and I can't really seem to understand what happened with my former self. I am not that person anymore. I did my fair share of crap here, and I now understand it was all in vain. Now I'm looking for salvation, by reaching out to you. I know you have connections, everywhere. Set me up with something, and you will see as to what a changed man I've become. Word around here is, your power has increased in the recent years, but as I mentioned before, I do not believe in those stories.

Nothing in life is free, so, name your price. It's better for you to keep one of your targets alive and get first hand information out of them rather than probing their brain. I await your answer.

Tyr

RE: To: Joshua Hunt || Old adversaries - Vendetta - 04-04-2017

[Image: 4seC3IO.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID: Joshua Hunt
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: Low
FREQUENCY: CMBRD Relay-48102
DELAY: 2.9/s
TOPIC: Old adversaries

____

Salvation?

Pffft.

Welcome to the world of the disillusioned. I believe wholeheartedly in second chances, you know. I was given one myself, which is how I got to where I am now.

What makes you deserving of a second chance? There isn't really anything you could offer me that I'd need, and I'm not seeking compensation for helping someone who's asking for it, even if I don't trust you. To some, this world we live in is run by how deep their pockets can get. I used to think the same way, but it's a flawed social concept. Credits cannot buy everything. They attract and generate greed like no other commodity in the Sector. It's irritating sometimes.

But I digress.

We'll talk in person. Keeper Revenant is interested in meeting you. By now you've probably noticed a team of armed individuals heading through the hallway towards your room. They'll be taking you directly here. No, they won't put a bag over your head, but they are required to restrain you for security reasons. I dispatched them minutes after my initial response.

See you soon, Tyr.

- Hunt

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED