Discovery Gaming Community
Organizing Helpers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Organizing Helpers (/showthread.php?tid=149170)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Organizing Helpers - Etaphreven - 04-03-2017

Hey,

Now that the Angels have been disbanded, people might feel less organized so I thought something should be done, and it's up to us, the community, to do it. For that purpose, I have made a new Skype chat for everyone who wants to help. @"SECShadow" and I have decided to use the [Helper] tag to establish a sort of default that newbies can get used to, but everyone is free to use whatever they want of course, even no tag at all, since it is not a faction. It's simply a way to keep things more organized and to have a place to talk about other ways we can help the community and coordinate with each other better.

Note that since this is not a faction or group of any sort, there is no leadership. I will, however, be available for any sort of questions and will take the responsibility of keeping things together and working properly as best as I can. Anyone and everyone is allowed to pitch in.

Our main objectives as a pseudo-group are to:

1. Help newbies and older members alike via in game and forum support
2. Promote the idea of helping newbies on the forum (e.g. by using the new Public Newcomer Helper Log Thread)
3. Compile a list of helpers who can be contacted via PM or Skype by people who require assistance
4. Convince as many people as possible to join us in accomplishing the objectives above

If you want to be added to the chat and database, drop me a PM here or on Skype (etaphreven), or post here and let's go help some newbies. Wink

PS: This is NOT an admin backed form of organization, so we have still have to abide by every Disco rule while in game, as we do not have access to Neutral IDs. The work is completely voluntary and there will not be any rewards of any sort from anyone except the knowledge that you helped others.

-----
DATABASE HAS MOVED HERE

RE: Organizing Helpers - Felipe - 04-03-2017

Noice, count me in!!! Lets try keep newcomers in game Wink

ill send pm w skype Wink

RE: Organizing Helpers - Etaphreven - 04-03-2017

Thanks! Added to Skype chat and the list in OP. ^^

RE: Organizing Helpers - ronillon - 04-03-2017

I'm trying to help people anyway, so I might as well get organized a little.

If only someone could explain this "skype chat" thing. I don't see any links or whatever.

Gimme your skype username and I'll add you. Big Grin

Forgot to mention mine in the OP, sorry.

Etaphreven Wrote:If you want to be added to the chat, drop me a PM here or on Skype (etaphreven), or post here and let's go help some newbies. Wink

EDIT: I've added it in the OP now.

RE: Organizing Helpers - Enkidu - 04-03-2017

Alright, let's slam.

Sign me up, captain!

PMs sent to @ronillon and @"Tænì"

RE: Organizing Helpers - sasapinjic - 04-03-2017

I was always helping newbies , and i always will , only reason i never join Angels is their mandatory Skype usage , same drill here , i dont use it .
I am free to be contacted with Forum or in-game PM for help at any of my sasapinjic trade characters at anytime tough .
I also suggest tag that will not take much space , for example (H) at end of name , in my case it will be OSC-sasapinjic2 (H) , and for that we need admins to set greetings message in start of game in style : For help contact players taged : (H) .

RE: Organizing Helpers - TheShooter36 - 04-03-2017

Alrighto i give it a shot too

@sasapinjic Skype usage is not mandatory, you don't have to join if you don't want to. I can still add you to the helper list in the OP. Also, everyone can pick their own tags, it does not matter. I picked [Helper] because it's already in the server MOTD and it's a lot more suggestive than [H].

@TheShooter36 I'll drop you a PM with the join link.