Discovery Gaming Community
Why cant into Gallia? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Why cant into Gallia? (/showthread.php?tid=149345)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Why cant into Gallia? - nOmnomnOm - 04-12-2017

If liberty and bretonia are at war with Gallia, why are they stuck in defense mode? Wouldn't it be cool to have tactical raids being flown to penetrate the Gallic boarder and raid? Why isn't liberty or bretonia able to go on the offensive ID-wise?

Can't there be a line in ID saying: can travel and fight in taus/gallia for the purposes of attacking gallics?

Or perhaps something like : can shoot Gallic police and navy anywhere?

You'd get raiding groups entering Gallia and therefore getting activity. Why wouldn't this be a thing?

Time for a Gallia D-day!

RE: Why cant into Gallia? - Enkidu - 04-12-2017

(04-12-2017, 01:13 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: If liberty and bretonia are at war with Gallia, why are they stuck in defense mode? Wouldn't it be cool to have tactical raids being flown to penetrate the Gallic boarder and raid? Why isn't liberty or bretonia able to go on the offensive ID-wise?

Can't there be a line in ID saying: can travel and fight in taus/gallia for the purposes of attacking gallics?

You'd get raiding groups entering Gallia and therefore getting activity. Why wouldn't this be a thing?

Time for a Gallia D-day!

Bret Privateer ID can do this, but inexplicably Privateers arn't doing this. Hardcore RP Privateer faction would work - ideally with people who can happily do internal RP during the periods people arn't around (think Zoner players, not log-and-LeBangBang).

Bret Privateers could play a cutoff BAF battlegroup forced into Geurilla warfare to survive.

RE: Why cant into Gallia? - nOmnomnOm - 04-12-2017

Also since they are in defense mode, you are basically waiting for GRN to raid for there to be interaction.
Why not do like it was done with the rheiland and liberty war and allow both sides to attack?

A defense can only last so long. Time to take it to them!

RE: Why cant into Gallia? - Docent - 04-12-2017

(04-12-2017, 01:15 PM)Tænì Wrote:
(04-12-2017, 01:13 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: If liberty and bretonia are at war with Gallia, why are they stuck in defense mode? Wouldn't it be cool to have tactical raids being flown to penetrate the Gallic boarder and raid? Why isn't liberty or bretonia able to go on the offensive ID-wise?

Time for a Gallia D-day!

Bret Privateer ID can do this, but inexplicably Privateers arn't doing this. Hardcore RP Privateer faction would work - ideally with people who can happily do internal RP during the periods people arn't around (think Zoner players, not log-and-LeBangBang).

Bret Privateers could play a cutoff BAF battlegroup forced into Geurilla warfare to survive.

Aye, Privateers can, but there is actually no point since hardly anyone is playing in Gallia at the moment. Most of the time when I see GRN is in Conn or eventwise.
What we currently do is assisting BAF and jumping the occasional transport in the Taus. Little more one can do... I believe though that an event featuring both commercial and military forgeater ID's located in Leeds and Taus would draw attention and here's where BAF/LN could really make ground. Plotwise, the retaking of Leeds would be the next logical step. I'd love an event like this!

RE: Why cant into Gallia? - sindroms - 04-12-2017

LSF ID also can do this.

RE: Why cant into Gallia? - nOmnomnOm - 04-12-2017

(04-12-2017, 01:35 PM)sindroms Wrote: LSF ID also can do this.

I checked the LSF ID on wiki and didnt see a line to support attacking...

Show me the prooooooooooof!!!

RE: Why cant into Gallia? - oZoneRanger - 04-12-2017

The Bret Privateer ID does not let you go into Gallia proper.

Gallic Borderworlds and Taus.There is nothing to shoot in Gallia....no transports...no pirates....no corp traders.... Everyone hangs out in Leeds and Magellan. I spent the better part of a week in Gallia in a privateer ship...Nothing...no one came looking for me, No interactions at all. Not with Police, Maqui, Council....Nothing...no one. It is a bleak deserted wasteland, the only thing Gallia has to offer are Valors built by /rename power smugglers, and all of those are, well, hanging out in Leeds and Magellan.

RE: Why cant into Gallia? - Hubjump - 04-12-2017

Finnish the Tau 23 lane
and give the bretonians a base (secret or something) in leeds in a suitable location
That way leeds get a boost in activity with BAF no longer having to fly through a rock field to get to combat (its a bit tedious)
also due to this base being closer, players can use it to fly further into the taus and maybe even the gallic door step

RE: Why cant into Gallia? - Alestone - 04-12-2017

(04-12-2017, 01:49 PM)oZoneRanger Wrote: The Bret Privateer ID does not let you go into Gallia proper.

Gallic Borderworlds and Taus.There is nothing to shoot in Gallia....no transports...no pirates....no corp traders.... Everyone hangs out in Leeds and Magellan. I spent the better part of a week in Gallia in a privateer ship...Nothing...no one came looking for me, No interactions at all.

Been this way for a long time, too. we had several attempts at setting this up including the Pelican Raiders (not their proper name, but they were all flying Pelicans), and the Gallics never showed.

Far as I am concerned, Gallia is a myth.

RE: Why cant into Gallia? - oZoneRanger - 04-12-2017

(04-12-2017, 01:41 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote:
(04-12-2017, 01:35 PM)sindroms Wrote: LSF ID also can do this.

I checked the LSF ID on wiki and didnt see a line to support attacking...

Show me the prooooooooooof!!!
+Can attack ships which belong to a house or organization considered hostile by Liberty outside their Zone of Influence.
+Can demand transports which belong to a house or organization considered hostile by Liberty to drop all cargo and attack if they refuse to comply

Der izzzz yur Proooooofffff