Discovery Gaming Community
bring back the barge - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: bring back the barge (/showthread.php?tid=149379)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: bring back the barge - Epo - 04-13-2017

(04-13-2017, 06:05 PM)Wesker Wrote: Bring it back, 1 per official faction if they want maybe?

Trust Anna. Anna tells the truth.

RE: bring back the barge - Enkidu - 04-13-2017

I'm currently working to SRP one as a flying shipyard/deep space factory, in accordance to its infocard.

RE: bring back the barge - Goatman - 04-13-2017

shouldnt be back or if get back, make it so painful to use that only those really serious about using it would do it. (no cruise so have to cross systems at impulse speed). Small core so after few shots of the 7 guns its empty. no nanos and half batt. and nerfed hull strength! anyway dont see it coming soon unless the pob get removed from game

(04-13-2017, 08:23 PM)Goatman Wrote: shouldnt be back or if get back, make it so painful to use that only those really serious about using it would do it. (no cruise so have to cross systems at impulse speed). Small core so after few shots of the 7 guns its empty. no nanos and half batt. and nerfed hull strength! anyway dont see it coming soon unless the pob get removed from game

You -really- think the barge could ever defend itself? Really?

RE: bring back the barge - Epo - 04-13-2017

(04-13-2017, 08:36 PM)Tænì Wrote:
(04-13-2017, 08:23 PM)Goatman Wrote: shouldnt be back or if get back, make it so painful to use that only those really serious about using it would do it. (no cruise so have to cross systems at impulse speed). Small core so after few shots of the 7 guns its empty. no nanos and half batt. and nerfed hull strength! anyway dont see it coming soon unless the pob get removed from game

You -really- think the barge could ever defend itself? Really?

What she said. It's been a huge brick. You can't really miss it. The same how you can't really miss a Nephilim (:

The turrets don't even have the range to fire down its whole length. It's useless to anyone -unless- you want to RP with it.

RE: bring back the barge - Durandal - 04-13-2017

I don't really see an issue with bringing it back with Disco's current jump mechanics.

RE: bring back the barge - Inferno - 04-13-2017

(04-13-2017, 06:05 PM)Wesker Wrote: Bring it back, 1 per official faction if they want maybe?

This would work for me. Give some of the factions who would 'need' one of these and aren't dedicated shippers like military shippers (logistics groups) something similar to a massive master-transport that could hold things like contraband and special materials, should they not have a PoB to hide it in and groups IRG, who could use a Barge to maybe mass-transport large research projects (or hide a Corvo)

tl;dr I like what Wesker said. Make it cost a faction perk, maybe a FR3, or somethin'.

RE: bring back the barge - Hannibal - 04-13-2017

(04-13-2017, 10:03 PM)Durandal Wrote: I don't really see an issue with bringing it back with Disco's current jump mechanics.

it can still be exploited as additional storage for POBs, there used to be one with 4 barges docked on it and was being used in that way, because let's face it what use could it have? afk trading 50k from solars?

RE: bring back the barge - Stoner_Steve - 04-13-2017

(04-13-2017, 06:17 PM)Croft Wrote: Ain't gonna happen, they were replaced by PoBs in purpose and the civ carrier in use. But if you want to remove PoBs and all things enabled by them to get the barge back, well you have my vote.

+1