Discovery Gaming Community
It's not too late to fix Caps - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: It's not too late to fix Caps (/showthread.php?tid=149441)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: It's not too late to fix Caps - Hubjump - 04-18-2017

(04-18-2017, 08:39 PM)Thunderer Wrote: Remove buttcloaking and give heavy battleships a special shield/turret mount?
(03-18-2017, 01:45 AM)hubjump Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 12:38 AM)Thunderer Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 11:46 PM)hubjump Wrote: how about drop core but have its activate time take seconds not minutes
like 5,or 10
that way,its a re-positioning and retreat tool Smile
no harm done

Disagreed. How to prevent those people from running away to restock? A BS cloak disruptor takes 90 seconds to disrupt again.

Then just Decrease Activation time for that too
These things cost hundreds of millions...we want them to work, if someone spent tones on a cloak disrupter, let it work
just raises value and makes them slightly more rare, and feel alot more rewarding

^on the subject of butt cloaking, its like the only good idea ive ever had :/

Edit: I had the wrong quote lol.

RE: It's not too late to fix Caps - sasapinjic - 04-19-2017

(04-18-2017, 09:02 PM)Thunderer Wrote: A dreadnought itself is pretty harmless to cruisers, unless we're talking about the Valor/Redemption/Tokugawa. It can have all the guns it wants, it won't hit with any and it just won't dodge a light mortar. I think that the dreadnought-cruiser problem is more urgent to address than the dreadnought-light/medium battleship problem.

Concerning broadsides and cruisers, I was rather speaking about battleships that can already defeat cruisers using the frontal technique I described.

PS: Incoming 12th page

"Before nerfed BS Missiles" solved that Cruisers problem , have 2 launchers and fire , not every one will hit , but it can kill it , certainly better then it is now . You do had to choose do you want Missile/Cerberus/Mortar setup , but at least you HAD option .

RE: It's not too late to fix Caps - Thunderer - 04-19-2017

Missiles are useless in a group fight, nerfed or not. Fire a cruise disruptor at it, and the missile will certainly not hit.

RE: It's not too late to fix Caps - Jack_Henderson - 04-19-2017

(04-19-2017, 10:38 AM)Thunderer Wrote: Missiles are useless in a group fight, nerfed or not. Fire a cruise disruptor at it, and the missile will certainly not hit.

Give the missile (BS-missiles) enough HP to withstand 3 or 4 hits with standard CDs? They are battleship missiles! Or make them dangerous to CD at close range. Irply, exploding a huge missile would also be not very clever! Big Grin

Make the "Reinforced CD" kill them in 1 hit, but make it "not mountable" on snubs (who normally do the CD duty).

It's not impossible to make missiles valid in group fights.

A CD does about 200 damage. A battleship missile has about 100,000 hitpoints. All missiles explode on impact. It is not the CD explosion that detonates the missile, but the physical impact of the CD projectile. If it was immune to that, then it wouldn't explode when it hit its target.

A possible solution is making CDs work like cloak disruptors, but then CMs would become obsolete for countering CDs.

PS: Additionally, concerning BS Cerberuses. I spoke with Titan yesterday and he had a great idea which I asked him to post here, but apparently he forgot.

Two types of Cerberus turrets. One is for close engagements, identical to the one we already have, but doing 50K dps instead of 45, with other stats unchanged.
The other is a long range one. It is less energy efficient than the short range one, but it is slightly more efficient than primaries (for example, if prims did 0.28 damage per energy, these cerbs would do 0.3 or so). It should be faster than short range cerbs, but slower than primaries, while having a slightly greater range (3.5K). The refire is 1, or 0.75 in the Nomads' case.

RE: It's not too late to fix Caps - An'shur - 04-19-2017

There is another problem regarding most, if not all capital ships. When a capital ship opens fire, the shots pass through the shooting ship itself. There I show you a Kusari battleship. It seems to be ably to shoot down and up with it's four primarys and only two of them to the broadside. But as you can see, all four can open fire to the sides.
...or do I miss something?

[Image: Freelancer%202017-04-19%2012-12-17-76_zpsbznknew3.png]

RE: It's not too late to fix Caps - Black Widow - 04-19-2017

You are missing something, that angle is not broadside. Broadside is 90o to your ships direction.

That problem can be fixed, but in that case each battleship will have really a lot of turrets, which would create lag.

RE: It's not too late to fix Caps - An'shur - 04-19-2017

(04-19-2017, 11:51 AM)Black Widow Wrote: You are missing something, that angle is not broadside. Broadside is 90o to your ships direction.

Even 45, it is still shooting to the side and through the ship.

RE: It's not too late to fix Caps - Chills - 04-19-2017

Do you really want this to be fixed and be able to fire mostly 1 heavy turret and 1 or 2 primary turrets in one direction? Fights would take ages