Discovery Gaming Community
Capital Missile/Torpedo Launchers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Capital Missile/Torpedo Launchers (/showthread.php?tid=149528)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Capital Missile/Torpedo Launchers - Titan* - 04-18-2017

Hello

I think there should be more missile type for Battleships,Cruisers and Gunboats so I made them 1 month ago and I decided to show them
I created them because of balance issue between Navy and Pirates. Navy ships can mount 3 different faction missiles (to have more ammo) but Pirates cant and of course to have more variety
Effects and Sound effects are completely mine
All missiles have enough ammo for use and deals great damage

Gunboat "Silencer" Missile Launcher
Anti-Snubcraft Missile Launcher, fast speed and tracking speed.

Gunboat "Harpoon" Missile Launcher
Anti-Gunboat and Anti-Cruiser Missile Launcher, slower than any fighter class ships but enough to catch gunboat to battleship class.

Gunboat "Annihilator" Dual Torpedo Launcher
Anti-Battleship Torpedo Launcher. Only Heavy Gunboats can use this weapon, super slow tracking speed, can miss small battleships.

Cruiser "Marauder" Missile Launcher
Anti-Gunboat and Anti-Cruiser Missile Launcher, upgraded version of Harpoon Missile, low energy requirements to fire,low tracking range, faster than Harpoon but not fast enough to catch any fighter class, slower tracking speed than Harpoon still enough to catch gunboats and cruisers.

Cruiser "Devastator" Ion Torpedo Launcher
Anti-Battlecruiser and Battleship Torpedo Launcher, has chance to hit cruisers, slower than Marauder but deals huge damage. Big explosion radius compared to Marauder, can damage multiple hardpoints

Cruiser "Hammer" Triple Torpedo Launcher
Anti-Battleship Torpedo Launcher, Guided, fires x3 Torpedo that deals high damage, super slow tracking speed, can miss small battleships

Cruiser "Desolator" Missile Silo
Anti-Cruiser and Battleship Missile Launcher, deals very high damage, long range support, a few hits can destroy Cruiser Hardpoints

Battleship "Reaper" Missile Launcher
Anti-Cruiser and Battlecruiser Missile Launcher, upgraded version of Marauder Missile, longer tracking range but slower tracking speed, low energy requirements, not enough tracking speed to hit any snub class.

Battleship "Nightmare" Torpedo Silo
Anti-Battleship Torpedo Launcher, devastating damage, long range support, a few hits can destroy Battleship hardpoints, huge blast radius, very slow tracking speed

Battleship "Lightning" EMP Missile Launcher
Anti-Cruiser and Battleship EMP Missile Launcher, has slow tracking speed, long range. Deals EMP damage, effective vs Shields

Battleship "Hurricane" Heavy Torpedo Launcher
Anti-Battleship Torpedo Launcher, its faster compared to Nightmare but shorter range. This torpedo has very slow tracking but enough to catch Battleships.

Cruiser "Skyguard" Anti-Ballistic Missile
Anti-Missile Launcher, This missile designed for Cruisers. It is designed to intercept incoming Missiles and Torpedoes.

Battleship "Hummingbird" Anti-Ballistic Missile
Anti-Missile Launcher, This missile designed for Battleships. It is designed to intercept incoming Missiles and Torpedoes. Unlike the Skyguard this support missile has more ammo and tracking range.

RED - W.I.P / BLUE- Completed

Silencer Missile
Harpoon Missile
Marauder Missile
Devastator Torpedo
Hammer Torpedo
Reaper Missile
Nightmare Torpedo Thanks to @Geoffacake for his code and missile launch sound effect
Lightning Missile
Annihilator Torpedo
Desolator Missile
Hurricane Torpedo

So what do you guys think?

RE: Missile/Torpedo Launchers - Internity - 04-18-2017

I think that we need the tracking fighter missiles/torpedoes back first.
As for your work, looks good, keep it up!
I like they way you designed them and created them - on classes: fast tracking, slow tracking, damage, exactly how the fighter missiles/torpedoes originally were before they've been removed.

Do not expect good welcome on those tracking missiles, most probably won't be introduced hence they removed all tracking missiles and torpedoes from fighters.

RE: Missile/Torpedo Launchers - An'shur - 04-18-2017

One big YES!

Edit: However, are the stats finite? The refire rate of some missiles seems to be very high for such damage potential.

RE: Capital Missile/Torpedo Launchers - Epo - 04-18-2017

(04-18-2017, 06:15 PM)Anshur Wrote: One big YES!

RE: Capital Missile/Torpedo Launchers - Titan* - 04-18-2017

(04-18-2017, 06:15 PM)Anshur Wrote: One big YES!

Edit: However, are the stats finite? The refire rate of some missiles seems to be very high for such damage potential.

i need high refire and low energy req for testing, so they not gonna have 5 sec reload and 100k energy req to fire

(04-18-2017, 06:05 PM)Internity Wrote: Do not expect good welcome on those tracking missiles, most probably won't be introduced hence they removed all tracking missiles and torpedoes from fighters.

removal of fighter missile and torpedo has nothing to do with capital ones
as you can see gunboats-cruisers and battleships still have tracking missiles

RE: Capital Missile/Torpedo Launchers - Internity - 04-18-2017

(04-18-2017, 06:24 PM)Titan* Wrote:
(04-18-2017, 06:05 PM)Internity Wrote: Do not expect good welcome on those tracking missiles, most probably won't be introduced hence they removed all tracking missiles and torpedoes from fighters.

removal of fighter missile and torpedo has nothing to do with capital ones
as you can see gunboats-cruisers and battleships still have tracking missiles

Of course, because the gunboats, cruisers and battleship tracking missiles are very slow and their tracking speed is also slow.
Even a bug is faster than these, that's why they're not wiped out yet. Are slow, easy to avoid and inefficient. Useless equipment.

RE: Capital Missile/Torpedo Launchers - Norael - 04-18-2017

The Nightmare launcher has made me very, very aroused.

bumping this so more people can see

RE: Capital Missile/Torpedo Launchers - Mao - 04-18-2017

(04-18-2017, 05:25 PM)Titan* Wrote: Battleship "Nightmare" Torpedo Silo
Anti-Battleship Torpedo Launcher, devastating damage, long range support, a few hits can destroy Battleship hardpoints, huge blast radius, very fast speed but very slow tracking speed, can't hit ships within 4.500m range.

[Image: tumblr_inline_nx28eiF97g1t6oiks_500.gif]