Discovery Gaming Community
Does Bretonia face destruction - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Does Bretonia face destruction (/showthread.php?tid=149722)

Pages: 1 2 3

Does Bretonia face destruction - OldMiner - 04-24-2017

I wonder if the Dev Team "despite the fantastic work they do" dislike Bretonia. They have lost systems to Gallia in that Leeds and those contested areas of the Taus are now under GRN control. Magellan has been taken over by the GRN and the Freeport destroyed.
Now I discover that the Planet Darlington in Newcastle is also a gateway for addition domination by another force.
Behind the planet you will find a gate labelled as an atmospheric entry point. If you enter through it you will find "Still labeled Darlington" A Nomad City emitting very high levels of radiation. So dont idle there to long. Also in this area you will find the BAF Battleship Grimsby. obviously there to keep watch.
So it looks like the devteams interest in Bretonia is set for a Nomad invasion from the inside.
Perhaps anyone interested in preserving Bretonia should ensure they have some Bretonian Security Forces characters in preparation for the big fight.

RE: Does Bretonia face destruction - Kiith - 04-24-2017

Bretonia has been receiving a good continous pounding for a long time now, first from Kusari, now from Gallia, perhaps even by the hands of the Nomads one day, who knows. But the fact that they are still standing for me is a fact that the devs indeed don't "dislike them".

RE: Does Bretonia face destruction - OldMiner - 04-24-2017

Perhaps the attrition has to take time. With what has happened so far, eliminating Bretonia's access in each direction, may require some outstanding RP to ensure their survival.

RE: Does Bretonia face destruction - FallenKnight - 04-24-2017

Meanwhile, in Salisbury, planet Dorset transformation is nearly complete.

Why do you think the jump hole to that guard system was removed?
Everything is going as planned.

RE: Does Bretonia face destruction - OldMiner - 04-24-2017

Then my suspicion is confirmed. I call on Bretonians to enlist today to face the growing threat

RE: Does Bretonia face destruction - WesternPeregrine - 04-24-2017

I recall one event related to the strange research site the Bretonians had in Newcastle, involving an alien structure and nomad presence. It even went a step further and the nomads "teleported" some sort of structure into New London itself, which caused quite a commotion for the duration of said event.

Bretonia has already taken a beating from every possible entity with the exception of Liberty (and Rheinland). It has suffered greatly, but not without scoring some victories of her own too.

RE: Does Bretonia face destruction - Thunderer - 04-24-2017

The Sunderland Research Complex, which the Nomad City in Newcastle is part of, belongs to Bretonia, along with the Nomad City, inside which no life forms have been detected. After the Nomad War of 800-801 AS, Bretonia became much more sceptical about Nomad technology, and instead of researching it, Bretonia destroys it whenever it can. That is the aim of the Sunderland Research Station -- to find a way to safely deactivate the shield around the City, so it can turn the whole structure into an asteroid field. The HMS Grimsby, which guards the complex, was originally there not because it was really needed, but merely to assure the public that everything was kept under control.

It became needed only recently, as the Nomads certainly wouldn't like their city, even if completely depopulated, to be destroyed. No attacks of theirs so far have accomplished their goal thanks to the many allies that Bretonia has.

A more realistic threat for Bretonia's existance is Gallia. However, having acidic rains in mind, which are a casual weather forecast on Planet Leeds, some frog meat coming down from the smoggy sky is nothing to be afraid of. The Gauls have even renamed Leeds to Agincourt, as if completely unaware how grim a fate they called upon them with that.

PS: Salisbury doesn't exist. It has been deleted by the devs along with most Guard systems all over Sirius, all of which were used too rarely to be needed.

RE: Does Bretonia face destruction - Sombs - 04-24-2017

As long as Admiral Hall and Admiral McIntire are around, nobody destroys Bretonia.

RE: Does Bretonia face destruction - Meallan - 04-24-2017

(04-24-2017, 03:48 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: As long as Admiral Hall and Admiral McIntire are around, nobody destroys Bretonia.

Guess my sister is chopped liver then.

<3

RE: Does Bretonia face destruction - Shelco - 04-24-2017

(04-24-2017, 03:48 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: As long as Admiral Hall and Admiral McIntire are around, nobody destroys Bretonia.

What about @Victor Steiner :o