Discovery Gaming Community
Eyes and Ears - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Eyes and Ears (/showthread.php?tid=149901)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Eyes and Ears - The Operative - 04-30-2017

[Image: bYNjJpd.png]

One of the biggest fallacies in the dystopian Sirius system was the assumption bars would be a good place to have a talk about shady business. Definitely not, with Junkers and other information handlers sitting at the next table, surveilance equipment both from officials and inofficials running 24/7 to ensure no secret would remain what it was for too long. So the Operative invited Knight Captain Elena Voigt to find him at the main observation deck of Bethlehem. A public place, not restricted to anyone. However, why would anyone who managed to leave a planet visit the observation deck of a space station?

Only a few random people were around. A mother with her daughter, two technicians during their break, two low-ranked scientists, a couple sitting on a bench and kissing each other. A few other people in the distance. And the Operative. It might have looked a bit weird to see a person fully wrapped in black flightsuit of a leather-ish material, still wearing the flight helmet. Dark-toned visor. It really was that kind of a person that put much effort into not giving away any personal detail but drawing attention - if that wasn't a weirdly common thing in Sirius.

Standing at the big windows, the Operative seemed to stare outside, being silent all the time. It was only a matter of the latter until the Knight Captain would arrive - hopefully not alone.

RE: Eyes and Ears - Byron - 04-30-2017

Not exactly highly-energetic, Elena slowly crawled out of her Sabre after she had landed in one of those hangars, recognizing Troy's ship at other landing spots. The artificial gravity onboard Bethlehem, even though she was used to it, seemed far to heavy, and she felt like being pulled down onto the ground. Her head felt like it could explode any second, setting free all the dark shadows that were lurking around in her mind right now.

From far away, one could recognize she wasn't very well prepared, not at all. Her hair, after she had put down her helmet, looked completely messy, and even her usual fixing seemed to not work now. Her blue strands were just hanging down her head of hair randomly, and additionally the hair colour had already become quite light, making her look like some sort of a zombie together with her rather pale skin.

Get yourself together, Elena. she thought. This is going to be business, and you will have to stay as cool, calm and charming as possible. Do you understand me? There will be plenty of time to worry about ... well, everything - but after this. 'Cause this is going to be much more important than your little problems.

Running along her head with one of her hands, drying the spots that were still a bit wet from the tears she had tried to suppress so grimly, Elena moved on, walking straight to the exit of the hangar.

Walking through a few corridores, Elena finally reached the deck where the Operative was already standing at one of the big windows, glancing at the planet down below. Trying to sound as solemnly as she could, she said as soon as she was directly behind the person: "You were right, it wasn't hard to identify you in this 'crowd', which is already an overstatement to be honest. Anyways, I'm glad I finally got the opportunity to meet you in person." She reached out with one hand, waiting for the Operative to reply this gesture.

RE: Eyes and Ears - KamiFaby - 04-30-2017

[Image: gEwK6GA.jpg]

Observation Deck, Bethlehem Station, Pennsylvania

As Sarah casually made her way towards the meeting point Elena had given her she though about some things.
"Hell, I really wanna win the bet with Troy. Also, I hope I'm not the first one to arrive." During the last though Sarah let out a quiet sigh and shook her head.
"I'm not the first one, someone already has to be here."

As soon as she entered the deck, her head turned towards the window to admire the view. As a result of that, she spotted a person in a black flight suit still wearing a helmet. "That has to be the so called Operative Red, oh and Elena's already here too." Sarah quietly said to herself.

After a quick pause Sarah walked towards the Operative and Elena. "You two are waitin' for someone, right? Well, I guess not anymore. Or well. now there are three of us." After Sarah was done talking she chuckled and looked out of the window again.

RE: Eyes and Ears - Gen - 04-30-2017

Shadowing the Knight Captain Voigt, a large man followed a few steps behind. He was wearing his long beard, a leather jacket over his flight suit and dark shades to top it off -- apparently going for a tough guy look this time.

He had checked Elena's face a few times along the way with his stares, and got quite close to suggest her to wear the shades he had on to hide her eyes. But the girl is a tough one, he knew, and he decided to trust her to be strong now and play her part.

The wide doors slid open as they reached the entrance of the observation deck, rays of bright light snuck in along with them and lit a part of the dim floor. The doors closed behind them, and so they were left in shadows, making Troy's shades completely useless. All the light reflected from the planet next to the base, and with his shades on, he couldn't see a thing except for a few silhouettes before the windows looking towards the orange giant.

He cursed his luck silently, took off his shades then crossed his arms, scanning this helmeted person with a slight distrust. He allowed the Captains to the do the talking while he played the part of a bodyguard -- didn't have much desire to babble needlessly.

He gave a wink to Sarah when they met eyes the first time, though.

RE: Eyes and Ears - The Operative - 04-30-2017

An interesting bunch of people, those three. Elena would feel the Operative's gloved hand answering her gesture. The grip was not too strong, as they didn't want to hurt the gentle fingers of the gentle woman. Before the the helmed person was able to say something, the other two arrived. The muscles and the smile, was the first thought. Nodding at them, the Operative began to speak, as always before using a voxmorpher. It wasn't turning the voice into the typical murderer-kidnapper-clown-horror voice but simply one that sounded pretty androgynous. Very fitting, the shady person thought.

"Thanks for coming. One thing first, though, and I am very serious about it. While I do not like to hide myself like this, I do it for a certain safety. This also includes your safety," the voice informed them while the body was almost without any movement, like a statue. "The moment I take off the helmet any of you might be endangered by knowing me, by being seen with me and maybe even by working for me. There are no acute dangers right now and here to worry about, but in the future it is very much more likely. It is your choice if you wish to take the risk just to learn who you are dealing with." The head turned more towards Elena. "This includes also an additional risk to people related to you."

It was a guess, but having actively listened to the talks of Sarah and Troy, the Operative wanted to refer to the scratch a certain John left with Elena. "It is not a threat. It is a mere warning. And you should not underestimate the creativity of evil people."

RE: Eyes and Ears - Gen - 05-01-2017

Just as the mysterious Operative Red was getting into a very intriguing speech about how dangerous knowing his or her identity might be for the lesser mortals such as the trio before him or her, Troy's PDA would start to buzz and play a merry melody, abruptly cutting through the Operative's words.

"Uh oh..." Troy would stick his hand into one of his jacket's many pockets, then move to the other, then the other, and eventually manage to find the device. He'd take a brief look at the screen and tell them, "I need to take this. Sorry."

Alas, unable to witness a grand revelation, he'd have to walk deeper into the shadows of this dim deck, and eventually would be out of sight. He would remain so until the very end of this story, though Troy would be deeply sorry for his abrupt and untimely departure due to unforeseen circumstances.

RE: Eyes and Ears - Byron - 05-01-2017

Elena nodded at him after their hands had parted. The voice this Operative had was giving her slight shivers, as it sounded completely unharmonic and somewhat unhuman. Seeing as Troy would abruptly leave the scene, she turned her head around and followed him with her eyes until the darkness had soaked up his tall figure, mumbling silently. "God dammit Troy, you little bastard. Thanks for nothing."

She turned her head around again to face the helmet of the operative again, who was still looking at her in a rather intriguing way, waiting for an answer. While scanning his body up and down a few times, she said: "So so, an additional risk to people I know you say? These people you are probably talking about already have enough risks that have to be dealt with, one more or less wouldn't make a difference." She made a little pause, sorting her already confused and chaotic thoughts for a second or two before continuing. "Anyways, I still agree, maybe it's better to not know who you are. However, as you said that we could be endangered working with you if we knew your identity, I still must ask myself why."

Elena quickly looked over to Sarah, seeing how she had reacted to the speech of the Operative. Then she went on. "I for my part don't need to know your identity, but if Ms. Fenn over there has a different opinion, I might change mine as well. Be aware though that whatever job you are going to offer us, we will check in which way it could benefit us - or not, and then decide whether we want to accept it. I hope your contracts won't endanger us as much as your face would do." At the end, she smiled slightly at him, standing there with both arms hanging slightly to their sides instead of having her arms crossed.

RE: Eyes and Ears - KamiFaby - 05-01-2017

Sarah followed Tory with her head just like Elena did.
"And there goes Troy. Anyways, your identity could endanger us, eh? Well I don't really care about your Identity, just one thing I want to know about you. I guess you remember the Talk I had with Troy a few days ago? So you probably remember the bet I did with Troy. Just tell me who won. And I won't question you about your identity or affiliation." Sarah smirked as she looked towards the operative.

Scratching her head, looking around, trying to avoid the sight of Elena and the Operative, she made a disgusted face and started talking again.
"But on a more serious note. As Elena already said, we're going to consider a job offer only if it benefits us. If we don't see a benefit in it we just ignore it."
Sarah paused for a second and looked towards Elena.

"So, now, tell us about your mysterious job you got for us. Seems like it's pretty important to you since you wanted to meet us in person." With an interested look Sarah looked deep into the visor of the Operative.

RE: Eyes and Ears - The Operative - 05-01-2017

A shame to have Troy leaving already, the Operative thought. The bet would have been more intriguing if they had to claim the price right infront of their eyes. Paying the full attention to Elena, the Operative tried to answer her question as precisely as possible.

"Confidental data, Knight Captain. High risk, high payment. The actual missions themselves probably are less dangerous, however the results of being spotted while doing so might cause some trouble. You will have to deal with groups and entities that act beyond any reasonable behavior. Beyond any common ethics and morale. Ironically, I would like to try to not send you on a Forlorn Hope mission, but they have the potential to end up as those, should you f.uck up. The current neutrality of your organization with non-house entities might be harmed. What I can assure you, however, is that you will never work against Liberty, Bretonia, Rheinland or Kusari and their lawful representants."

The helmet turned into the direction of Sarah. "Your efficiency and your charme will surely help you, however. I doubt the work I have to offer would be a challange too big for you and your lesser knights. All I want is you to be absolutely sure that this is not a standard hunt for bounty. The rewards will be higher, and the work irregular." Secretly, the Operative was hoping to finally get rid of the helmet. "It would be more than only one job. However, one thing after another. The first mission would simply be the mapping of a few systems. Twenty-five millions per system, five systems in total." For a moment, there was a silence. The Operative moved two hands to the helmet, pushing two tiny buttons at the lower side of the front. The two women would see how the mouth part of the helmet was removing, vanishing into the sides of the helmet. They would be able to see both the chin and the mouth of the person. "You'll have a date with the beardy knight," the clearly male voice sounded, the lips forming a cheeky smile. "However, I leave it to you if you want to tell him the truth. I'd prefer to see him doing his part of the bet."

RE: Eyes and Ears - Byron - 05-02-2017

Elena nodded slightly at the enigmatic figure, signalizing she understood what he - as it seemed - had said. After she had crossed her arms and changed her body position slightly, shifting her mass centre onto the other side, she replied with a somewhat doubtful tone: "If we're good at one thing, then it's not being spotted while doing secret stuff. I'd however like to avoid becoming some sort of suicide squad. If this would be the case, I'm afraid to say that some of us won't be able to attend these jobs, out of several reasons ... that you might or might not already know." She raised an eyebrow, having a quick look at Sarah, as she was wondering how much this guy truly know, or rather, what things Troy and Sarah had said about her with the Operative present.

She shook her head slightly, getting rid of "the thoughts" again. "Alright, so I'd suggest you tell us something about this job you got for us? What systems do you want to be mapped, and who are we going to meet under some circumstances?"