Discovery Gaming Community
Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? (/showthread.php?tid=149988)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Dave Synk - 05-03-2017

As the thread says, what happened ?

But let me put my thoughts in this, hoping the freedom of speech is allowed. What I am about to say may be very straightforward and some people's feelings might be touched (if they ever feel themselves) but I personally don't care because we sat in a urinehole for quite some years now, slowly getting worse.

So. I'm here since 7 years, with intense activity in the first 3-4 years than making a break for reasons of seeing the community starting to be crappier with every month that passed. But in this time I watched consistently the activity of the forums and all. Being for a while back in business, I still am looking with how the dynamics of this community evolves... in a bad way.

Mostly, the biggest downfall of the community was when critical decisions affected entire factions, groups and so on basically the entire community as whole because some individuals given with certain responsibilities, saw fit to implement what they did. Those were our green friends, the Admins.

It's a history with Disco, and I have no idea on why the pattern is repeating, it's like the cycle in Mass Effect, there came cancerous Admins that made bad decisions with their ignorance and all, considering just and everything, things that were heavily opposed by even the majority. Bias and opinionated people are no good for such positions in which an entire group of people (with the dozens), are dependent on the sole decisions of a few individuals. In no ordered, and civilized society this is not working.

I've seen the events lately, various suspended people, even a faction ? Wow. Ok. I'm a neutral figure here, I'm purely objective in my call. But I am not entirely sure that these happened completely just and with strong verdicts. I know a lot of people and have them over Skype and I took the liberty to ask and get myself "involved" into knowing their premise and cause, as a clueless pleb. Well, from different people I've managed to conclude that certain people have a strong bias over others and thus the OORP Hatred is starting to elaborate exponentially.

The main reason is because everybody knows everybody, but what's the problem of certain Admins ? Well, surprisingly they are people too and have their own opinions and biases. That is completely correct and just, but, in such criteria when the Admins have the power to instantly shut a faction up or not, and individual or not, change the course of how all the people do their things here and enjoy this environment, biased and opinionated people are not good here.

My point is that, slowly and surely this community that we most appreciate and care for, will be gone because most people that want to make something good are bottlenecked by narrow minded individuals from the upper foodchain. Rules need to change according to the desires of the community and not viceversa. It's like the developers who listen to create the game for the community, and they succeed to deliver and the game as an infinite success on the market. This is how it works here too. No point people that left hate Disco, or other exterior communities despise how things go here because they know the people who dictate it.

I am not blaming the entire Admin staff for this, but some need to be changed,replaced because their judging can jeopardize the integrity and stability of the community. We have in staff people who had problems in the past with sanctions/bans ? Well that can say a lot of things about their wisdom.

Some cancer-type of people need to calm their frustration likewise. Nobody gives a damn about your teenage puberty or childhood issues. You leave them at the door, we are all here from passion and hobby. Not to hear your crying and pathetic whining. There is also this complete -crap- phenomenon that people do a god damned sanction race. "OH I DONT LIKE WHAT HE DID TO ME, IM UBER SENSITIVE AND I THINK HE HAS SOMETHING IN REALITY WITH ME *completely forgets the roleplay universe and the game* I WILL REPORT HIM". And thats how people do that, on and on, and on, and on. You bottleneck the admins with these irrelevant crap, and halt the progress of the mod and the people who are waiting the Admins approval, because you spam their butts with stupid sanctions.

First of all, you have no rights to DEMAND things for your justice. If you feel you are not fair-played, you can contact the god damned person in cause and negotiate friendly on what happened, you can reach to an appeal if you know how to talk. If you are a child with frustration, leave this place and never return until you are more mature. NOBODY needs here drama. That's with the -idiots- that ruin the community and are part of this entire issue.

This applies for the Admins too. Some of you always come with "If you don't like it here, leave". No, if you are crap and can't act normally in this community, you should leave your seat and let others more decent and capable, because there are people. The shield of "we have RL we are humans too, etc etc" that's no valid argument. YOU signed up here. Nobody else forced you to do this and then complain you don't have time. You are not gods, you are not people who should impose forced respect over others, you need to learn it like all of us in here. That's how a normal community works. Again I am not blaming ALL the Admin Staff in this. Some are well known who fit very well in what I described.

So the conclusion ? Discovery GC, wake the f up. Do something, change the rules that are making other people abusive, come to a common place. Admins, Mods, members, they are all the same for me. If we are all decent and know how to act, we can make this place great like it once was, if not, it will vanish in the upcoming years, towards a slow, grim, death.

This is what I wanted to say directly and point the main problems. Because we are so thin these days the problems are not hard to pinpoint. It's up to us to repair it.

PS: I don't care if I triggered people, I wanted to say what I felt about it. You can even ban/sanction/warn me for whatever stupid reason you can find. I don't care. I miss 4.85/86.

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Corile - 05-03-2017

tl;dr:
Yet another "4.85 was better" rant.

Move along.

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Dave Synk - 05-03-2017

(05-03-2017, 10:12 PM)Corile Wrote: tl;dr:
Yet another "4.85 was better" rant.

Move along.

Ehmm If i'd remove that would it make it different ? That was my own opinion. So I guess you fall in the line of what I described. If you didn't got the idea, shut the hell up with irrelevant comments.

PS: This thing needs to be heard by people and read. A lot of people are tired with pathetic ***** and lameass attitudes and situations.

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Corile - 05-03-2017

Yeah but we have talked about this already.

Nothing's going to change. This thread is pointless.

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Dave Synk - 05-03-2017

Did you ever wanted to do something to change it ? OFC it's not going to change if -Nobody insists on changing something-.

-_-

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Goldberg - 05-03-2017

It's ok mr. Fancy pants, we already had 1000 of this threads, we had 20+ player supporting ideas, nothing will change, it's fine.

Don't waste your time.

Why not ? Why can't WE decide what we need/want in this community and choose and point as leading figures the people we want ?

Nobody takes action and some idiots keep doing rash decisions affecting everybody. How those people are answering for what are they doing ?

Quote:Did you ever wanted to do something to change it ?

Contrary to popular belief, words themselves have no power at all, so you aren't helping either in that regard.

And by "wanting to do something to change something" you mean typing up long pointless rants, then yes. Nothing happened.

How can we, the community change the staff if we consider them incompetent ?

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Sombs - 05-03-2017

To be honest: If you find yourself in a phase where you're not happy with the community, nothing on the forum will help. The only real change starts with yourself. Whenever I think I am surrounded by people that are dicks for the plain sake of being dicks, I grab the guys I like the most and play with them, have no expectations for any encounters ingame, logging with the mentality "If I don't like it, I move away and dock" and sometimes get surprised positively. And with one or two months, things look better again, because new people are around and the other people have other things to do.

On a sidenote: We have the priviledge to play here. I don't get how people risk that for the sake of being dicks, but when they risk it, it's their fault, really. It's easy to not break the rules and it is easy to adjust to common sense and fairness.