Discovery Gaming Community
Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? (/showthread.php?tid=149988)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Dave Synk - 05-03-2017

Making a new thing is not a bad idea. What if the community actually could organize itself to do that ? Maybe... Disco's time is worn off ?

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Gen - 05-03-2017

Will you please put your question marks to the right place? It's easier to fix compared to this community. Start small. <3

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Dave Synk - 05-03-2017

(05-03-2017, 10:49 PM)Troy Wrote: Will you please put your question marks to the right place? It's easier to fix compared to this community. Start small. <3

No. I'm retarded.

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Croft - 05-03-2017

Theres no going back the past, samurai jack.

In all honestly .85 was more riddled with strange admin/dev decisions, faction tinkering and all around drama than anything we've seen so far. I can personally recall a sanction for being in a combined Bretonian/Hessian group taking down a Corsair base in Cambridge. The punishment for such a crime? All those in the said group were teleported to an Omicron system with their armour unequiped, a system that just happened to be very close to Gamma. You can imagine what happened next.

The problem that has always plagued Disco is that most folks know each other, they know who does what and when someone new tries to join in they get pushed away. A matter, in my opinion, that has been made much worse since factions lost their appeal which removed an inbuilt "tutorial" for new players. That coupled with a number of other factors including and not limited to; age of the game, newer titles coming out, older members leaving and lets not forget the three year stagnancy of our beloved .85.

As frustrating as it can be, threads like this really don't accomplish anything. Few will take notice and without solid proof of anything it all comes across as strongly worded opinion and discarded as such.

In truth, I'm aware of all of this. Was a aware for a long time. I think that mainly, I wanted to pinpoint again (and again) in a more direct way of what's what. But yes, there were bad times before, they will be onward. Let's just hope for the best I guess.

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Durandal - 05-04-2017

(05-03-2017, 10:28 PM)Corile Wrote: You know, children generally realise that by the time they're 13.

I guess there's time for everyone.

I'm kind of vaguely curious as to what age you were when the Cryer ID nerf happened now.

Jokes aside, Sombra is partly right. If people want change, they have to start with themselves. A lot of them don't, so here we are in 2017, where sitting down and having a talk with someone or turning a blind eye has become malicious mass-reporting based on 90% personal bias, and logging ships with the same character flying them 50 systems away whenever someone you don't like shows up on the map.

The biggest culprits have already made it clear that they don't feel like discussing things, so there isn't much more to do other than be the change you want to see.

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - wanderer95 - 05-04-2017

[Image: 1odyy5.jpg]

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - An'shur - 05-04-2017

(05-03-2017, 10:26 PM)Troy Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 10:22 PM)Dave.Synk Wrote: incompetent ?

Let's start by fixing the location of our question marks. (:

(05-03-2017, 10:49 PM)Troy Wrote: Will you please put your question marks to the right place? It's easier to fix compared to this community. Start small. <3

On a serious note: While I agree with Dave's first post, I am afraid it's close to impossible to act it through. I advice you Dave to choose a few people of your liking and play the game with them. In most cases it works just well, except if one such person gets banned for who knows what.

Edit: It seems that grammar nazi images are not allowed :/

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - diamond1 - 05-04-2017

You sure like to roughen up a storm, don't ya.

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - sindroms - 05-04-2017

People expect admins to do things, people hate when admins do things.
People expect devs to do things, people hate it when devs do things.
People expect people to do things, people hate it when people do things.

things that do not match up with their own expectations, that is.

From our POV which is naturally different to your own as you have the liberty to not invovle yourself with the constant flow of drama and retardation that goes on behind the scenes of Discovery, we did the right thing and we are still doing the right thing.
It does not help that a large chunk of our community are players of old age that do not even have active ingame characters anymore but want to strike up a discussion about the state of the community just for the sake of being outraged over something. I tend to picture them as these balding thirtysomethings, lazing on their lawnchairs somewhere within convineint distance to a wifi connection for their phone.

It also does not help that people are crap at remembering what Disco actually was in the rosy days of activity heights, where we would see 15+ sanctions per day regarding OORP behavior in all of its variants.