Discovery Gaming Community
Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? (/showthread.php?tid=149988)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Goliath - 05-04-2017

Everything seems fine for me. The only problem I want to complain about are the players who try to "motivate" their sanctions and bad behavior by speaking russian(most usual, intentionaly bad english.

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Thyrzul - 05-04-2017

(05-04-2017, 06:08 AM)sindroms Wrote: People expect admins to do things, people hate when admins do things.
People expect devs to do things, people hate it when devs do things.
People expect people to do things, people hate it when people do things.

things that do not match up with their own expectations, that is.

Way to oversimplify a complex issue. Thing is, what you just wrote, in the form you wrote, is simply not true, and has been a bad meme for years now. We are not clones of eachother, changing our minds at a daily basis, try making a difference between people and people and perhaps you'll finally find some sense in the apparent chaos. There is some, you just need to look for it, not just pretend.

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - An'shur - 05-04-2017

(05-04-2017, 06:08 AM)sindroms Wrote: we did the right thing and we are still doing the right thing.

If by "right thing" you mean banning Lyth again, you are wrong.

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Goldberg - 05-04-2017

Don't worry peps, banned members can still play on disco (:

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - sindroms - 05-04-2017

Yes, and you are supposed to report them.

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Jayce - 05-04-2017

4.82 and 4.83 were better.

Less RP, more PVP, more Nomad Cruiser Turrets on Pirate ID'd, Lane Hacker IFF'd Rheinland Pirate Cruisers killing people in front of Manhattan.

Wait, that was me.

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Goldberg - 05-04-2017

(05-04-2017, 07:04 AM)sindroms Wrote: Yes, and you are supposed to report them.

I don't know any (:

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Marburg - 05-04-2017

Personally, I'm not one who remembers the salad days of disco w/ rose colored glasses. I do in fact, equate the best of times with the worst of times.

It's one of the side effects of being exposed to both extremes, & honestly, 've got conflcting opinions I've developed over time.

My overriding opinion is that I still love this place to this day. the bottom line is, no matter how long I take a break, I always eventually feel the drive to play again.

Every time that happens, I return to a community that is different.

Here's the thing: The best days everyone has ever had here are the days they had when this place held true excitement. for those like me, it was when I didn't know what to expect...for those who are new to our community, these ARE the best days from their point of view.

Right now, in spite of the multiple opinions I have, about the evolution/de-evolution of this place over my time, right here...right now, the primary focus I'm making a conscious effort to look at is to do my part to try as best as my cynical ass can to give others even a modicum of the feeling of expansive possibility that was given to me when I was new.

I'm not really all that good at it, & I screw it up on occasion, but although I love this place far less now than I used to, I DO still deeply love this place.

Spazzy, IMHO, that opinion of yours you posted, if it's truly honest, it's a deeply terminal one.

That thinking comes from the bottom of the barrel...Change it. now.

This place is a molehill compared to the mountain it used to be. As the go-to head admin nowadays, you have to do better than that. The community is far, far smaller than it used to be, & although still a headache to deal with, it should be easier now because the numbers are much smaller. if it's not, then you absolutely need to find a way to make it easier in spite of the shallower base you have to work with.

I don't envy your burden, but you are the one that has to deal with it because you made the decision to sign up for it.

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - Sombs - 05-04-2017

(05-04-2017, 07:59 AM)Marburg Wrote: TL;DR - You're an admin, so we expect you to be the better person

This place is a mole-hill, correct. And thus we can be happy to have any admins left at all who deal with the unthankful job. To be honest, I don't expect anyone to be a better person than me, and that is only fair. Looking at what kind of drama the community pops out every day like Liberty produces Johns, we can be thankful that there are still some admins and devs left to do anything. We can't magically spawn them. And that is why things need to be done correctly: Criticism? Fine, but constructive, please. And then it is much more likely you get a constructive answer. What I see here in the thread is like reading YouTube comments, as everyone writes the first thing that comes to their mind. You can scale it up to the entire forum. Have we ever rewarded the admins/devs with anything to motivate them to keep up the good work?

Then don't wonder when they don't keep up the good work anymore.

RE: Community Awarness Call - What the hell is happening with Disco ? - diamond1 - 05-04-2017

(05-04-2017, 08:11 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote:
(05-04-2017, 07:59 AM)Marburg Wrote: TL;DR - You're an admin, so we expect you to be the better person

This place is a mole-hill, correct. And thus we can be happy to have any admins left at all who deal with the unthankful job. To be honest, I don't expect anyone to be a better person than me, and that is only fair. Looking at what kind of drama the community pops out every day like Liberty produces Johns, we can be thankful that there are still some admins and devs left to do anything. We can't magically spawn them. And that is why things need to be done correctly: Criticism? Fine, but constructive, please. And then it is much more likely you get a constructive answer. What I see here in the thread is like reading YouTube comments, as everyone writes the first thing that comes to their mind. You can scale it up to the entire forum. Have we ever rewarded the admins/devs with anything to motivate them to keep up the good work?

Then don't wonder when they don't keep up the good work anymore.

take all my ^'s