Discovery Gaming Community
Mercenary Division- Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Mercenary Division- Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=150032)

Pages: 1 2 3

Mercenary Division- Feedback - Goliath - 05-05-2017

MERCENARY DIVISION
Tag: (MD)-
Emblem:
[Image: P5x5Egw.png]

"THE PAST"
"The Mercenary Division is a small sized organization that has been founded in 800 A.S by a person called as John Price.
The group is mainly known for its aggressive behavior when hunting. Usually, their tactic is to attack in a large number big targets such as cruisers or gunboats, without laying any witnesses so they keep their possible contractors and actions secret.
In the last decade, their numbers decreased significantly due to lack of funding, loss of personnel in the Liberty-Rheinland war and events which hurt a lot in their numbers... Their wrecks can be found in Hudson and Bering. But for the safety of this mysterious group. They modified the IFF and transponder of ships, so they look like Rheinland or Navy identified ships. The group survived surprisingly until now, still, in very few numbers they carry on with their shady business and mysterious activity.

"IMPORTANT EVENTS"

"Classified contract no#602":
"While the group had more and more power and influence over different organizations, different enemies show up in the arena. One of these enemies were the Nomads and The Wild. A research team was deployed in the system "drake" as a contract to research different anomalies and explore the system. There were no ships at all. only a few dead looking outposts. But it was a bad move to visit the place. In the way back, the researchers got heavily hit by Wild forces and there were almost no survivors. Herman Scheffer was the only survivor that made it out of the system. There was no actual intel retrieved except for a massive alien gate sucking everything around in it. Which proved that the system is very dangerous and avoiding it is recommended.

Treason:Even if the group had strong brotherhood relations, there was always a "black sheep" that betrays his brothers for cash. And this sheep was the co-leader Graham Henderson. He gave away classified intel about the group's contractors and locations of the remaining bases. Resulting in losing any base left, without survivors. After this great betray, John Price remained only with a handful of men which sooner or later either were considered K.I.A or M.I.A. As he was left only with no more than 3 men, he tried to keep the group as much as possible alive.

Gallia Encounter:Although the victory against an organization similar to Corsairs meant a lot for the group, they were pushed back and heavily striked by the Gallia Gauls, who took over Leeds, their only way out of Edinburgh. One man led the group's forces through the hell in Leeds. His name was Jacob Gallado, the guide. The route took more than 5 days, to reach Cortez system, where the men had a worthy feast as a reward for bravery and success in the battle. There wasn't much rest though, the gauls attempted to take over Magellan, and because it was a key system for the group's operations, they couldn't let that happen. A lot of so-called "wolf" ranked members died, but the gauls's attack was repelled successfully.

"Present day"

"While the numbers are few, there still can be seen some remnants of Mercenary Division.
Actual leader is still John Price who slowly started gathering recruits for building the group as it was in the old times.

Although their power is weak, there are some ships who survived in bad times, such as the light carrier they used as a mobile home. which is not in a good shape. The carrier is docked at Freeport 6, waiting for repairs and different customizing.
The group resides at Barrier Gate slowly recovering.

Allies: Bounty Hunters, Core, Rheinland Military,Rheinland Police, Rheinland corporations.
Enemies: Gaians, Gallia, Liberty Rogues, Lane Hackers, Outcasts, nomads, The Wild, corsairs.

Operation zone: Sirius wide

RE: Mercenary Division (replies allowed) - Emperor Tekagi - 05-05-2017

I would love to see your explanation to a random claim of a base behind Planet Kyushu the Golden Chrysanthemum attacked and destroyed in the end and why we would even attack your never existing assets.

RE: Mercenary Division (replies allowed) - Goliath - 05-05-2017

(05-05-2017, 11:18 PM)NieRdackel Wrote: I would love to see your explanation to a random claim of a base behind Planet Kyushu the Golden Chrysanthemum attacked and destroyed in the end and why we would even attack your never existing assets.

Part as RP. And the group was pretty expanded at that time (still inRP)

RE: Mercenary Division (replies allowed) - E X O D I T E - 05-05-2017

ID?

IFF?

Allies?

Enemies?

(05-05-2017, 11:23 PM)Exodite Asmodai Wrote: ID?

IFF?

Allies?

Enemies?

ID: Bounty Hunters

IFF: Bounty Hunters

Enemies: Gaians, Kusari unlawfuls, Gallia(including corporations)

Allies:Lawful corporations and forces

A Bounty Hunter base in Kyushu, amusing. Still I dislike seeing such claims out of thin air. Back it up with a story and I might be satisfied.

(05-05-2017, 11:30 PM)NieRdackel Wrote: A Bounty Hunter base in Kyushu, amusing. Still I dislike seeing such claims out of thin air. Back it up with a story and I might be satisfied.

Right, sorry for the inconvenience. I will see what I can do.

Thanks, appreciated.

For now I will delete the part with GC stuff

RE: Mercenary Division (replies allowed) - E X O D I T E - 05-05-2017

(05-05-2017, 11:30 PM)NieRdackel Wrote: A Bounty Hunter base in Kyushu, amusing. Still I dislike seeing such claims out of thin air. Back it up with a story and I might be satisfied.

Once upon a time, a group of Bounty Hunters ninja'd their way into Kyushu amid the civil war, establishing a beachhead, or at least a Large Space Station/Outpost with which to conquer Kusari for their lord and master John Marhsall. effectively hunt Outcasts along a key cardamine route, whereupon they took to interdicting cardi convoys, which started putting a dent in profits. The GC was clearly working at the behest of the Outcasts to preserve the Orange Dream. It makes perfect sense.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Where do I submit an app, though?