Discovery Gaming Community
To: Agency 404 || From: Paragon - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Agency 404 || From: Paragon (/showthread.php?tid=150044)

To: Agency 404 || From: Paragon - Paragon - 05-06-2017

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

UPLINK CREATED

ENCRYPTION LEVEL HIGH

[Image: IMuHrCt.png]

LOCATION UNKNOWN

SENDER ID PARAGON

MESSAGE BEGINS

To whom it may concern.

Allow me to introduce myself, I am Paragon, an information broker. I'm good friends with some of your other friends, and after talking with the Forlorn about some new information that has recently come to light, I have been directed to approach you with what may be potentially valuable knowledge, and equipment, for a group such as yours.

Of course, I understand that you don't quite know me, and will need more assurances than simply being told that we both have the same friends. As such, I have acquired a piece of information that you may find more than useful, which I am freely offering to you, in the hopes that it will encourage a meeting and further cooperation between us. Please find below the encrypted data.

I hope to hear from you soon.

UPLINK TERMINATED

RE: To: Agency 404 || From: Paragon - Reeves - 05-06-2017

[Image: 3WLlzhs.gif]

Agency 404

Transmission; Start
Identification: Operative Avery Reeves
Encryption: Secure

initializing image feed...
image feed available...

[--------------------------------------------------------------]
[Image: ea579a49a9181ed8214b354931244b05.jpg]

Greetings Mister Paragon,

I see you've decided to either plagiarise the call sign I operated under for the greater good or have decided to pay homage, that really doesn't concern me. The information you submitted while exceptionally useful does not include visual evidence and is instead mere speculation in the eyes of an utterly rational person, but it is enough for me to act upon.

You've put your chip in play properly. As such you have my complete and undivided attention. By all means, please elaborate on what you contacted me about.

I'll be waiting.

Transmission: End

RE: To: Agency 404 || From: Paragon - Paragon - 05-09-2017

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

UPLINK CREATED

ENCRYPTION LEVEL HIGH

LOCATION UNKNOWN

SENDER ID PARAGON

MESSAGE BEGINS

Mr. Reeves.

I can only commend you on your prior choice in handle, and I can assure you it is merely coincidence that we share this detail. However, onto the matter at hand.

Associates of mine encountered an interesting individual, call-sign "Fairchild", and after some discussion sent them my way. After personally meeting the person, I believe the potential uses for what they are offering, a product named Vergil, even in a prototype stage, to be worth the effort required to produce it, and at a later stage, it could be potentially invaluable in many fields. The thing is, "Fairchild" has neither the facilities required, nor the expertise to bring it out of test-bed stage alone, and certainly not before a more dangerous version is released by their competitor.

As such, we've turned to you, and your Agency for help in this matter. My friends in the Forlorn have expressed a... muted... interest in providing assistance, however, they largely believe that this particular field is beyond them. Now, I understand I have been vague throughout this whole transmission, so without further delay, I will attach a few communication logs that will undoubtedly explain exactly what it is Miss "Fairchild" has to offer, and needs assistance with.

Bear in mind I have removed all audio deemed unnecessary from the data packets.

As you can see, this is no minor item without any relevant applications. We're talking about full a full neural interface. The possibilities and potential of such is without measure.

I have undertaken the steps required to gather the nessacery materials listed, but the crucial part comes down to you Mr. Reeves. Will you assist us in this endeavor? While I can not speak directly for Miss Fairchild, I can only assume that they would be as open to a meeting as I am for the purpose of further cooperation.

I await your response.

UPLINK TERMINATED

RE: To: Agency 404 || From: Paragon - Reeves - 05-10-2017

Agency 404

Transmission; Start

image feed available...

Greetings again Mister Paragon,

Both of those logs were very interesting to have listened to, the fact a reputable company like Cryer had a division such as this is mildly concerning, the concept of wide-spread mind control even more frightful, something a corporation this big simply cannot be allowed to do. While my job might be to ensure the economic prosperity and continued surviving of Liberty, both of these goals somewhat conflict one another, with the former involving small closed-circle groups of power controlling the many with their money and influence, in an instance such as this I'll be acting for the well-being of the Republic as a whole.

I'm more than willing to make some time and attend a meeting, I simply need to know when and where. If you feel meeting me could do with more security than some ordinary venue, either the Revenant or our safe-house can serve this purpose, you'll be completely under my protection on either ship. The applications of this are far too massive to fall into the wrong hands, I will do anything necessary to ensure this is not the case, by influence or by force if necessary. You have my word on this.

Patch Miss Fairchild through and have her inform me of her choice of venue, though my plate may be utterly full with discreet operations as of the moment, I simply wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing a technology this impressionable on all our lives might be lost to greed and profit-margins, doing whatever the highest bidder wants it to do, or worse. I'll assist you in safely developing this technology for the greater good of Liberty and by extension Sirius and believe me when I say my word is iron.

I'll be watching the horizon.

RE: To: Agency 404 || From: Paragon - Paragon - 05-12-2017

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

UPLINK CREATED

ENCRYPTION LEVEL HIGH

LOCATION UNKNOWN

SENDER ID PARAGON

MESSAGE BEGINS

Operative Reeves.

I've taken the liberty of patching Miss Fairchild into this channel. It will certainly prove to be more efficient.

UPLINK TERMINATED

RE: To: Agency 404 || From: Paragon - Fairchild - 05-12-2017

[Image: NZxLidO.png]
...incoming.transmission...directing.nodes...
...unknown.relay...constellation.protocol.initiated...
...audiovisual..feed.only...

Mr Reeves,

First of all, let me thank you for your interest in Vergil. The project is indeed rather valuable and certainly assistance from a concerned party such as the 404 is going to prove valuable here.

You'll excuse what might seem like initial distrust, however I've been trying to attract as little attention to myself as possible for reasons which are, I hope, understandable. As such there are some safety precautions, because of which I can only agree to a meeting planet-side. I would like to suggest the library of Breaker Bay University in Varience City on Manhattan. If that location is good enough for you, I hope to meet you there over the coming week.

Sincerely,
Fairchild

...sigterm...closing.uplink...
...disconnecting.relays...signal.shut.down...
...transmission.termiated...

RE: To: Agency 404 || From: Paragon - Reeves - 05-12-2017

Agency 404

Transmission; Start

image feed available...

Greetings Miss Fairchild,

You needn't apologize or excuse distrust in the form of caution with me, as an Operative I expect that and to the same with every contact I make. I believe in trusting people, but only after verifying the facts enough to be able to do so. I more than understand and sympathize with what must be your situation right now.

The venue is also more than acceptable and far closer than I actually anticipated that it might be. As such I'll be more than capable of making time to meet you over the coming week, it'd be nice to see home again. I'll be meeting with you alone, but I must ask that you do not panic or grow paranoid given the presence of some of our personnel in orbit of Manhattan. This is to ensure your safety, given the threat of abduction could be very real if this technology truly is this ground-breaking, I'm yet to see it in action, but I already have a feeling this is more than true. As such, you have our protection, under your discretion of course, if you find this too much that unit will be withdrawn.

Lastly, it shouldn't be you thanking me, but the other way around, bravery to do the right thing isn't common.