Discovery Gaming Community
How to solve bumping of big ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod FLHook Projects (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=266)
+----- Thread: How to solve bumping of big ships (/showthread.php?tid=150313)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: How to solve bumping of big ships - sasapinjic - 05-19-2017

(05-19-2017, 12:22 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: I think that makes things just unnecessarily complicated while being a rather big job for the devs.

More complicated , yes , un-necessarily complicated , no .
It is balance thing ,capitals are broken and it needs to be fixed somehow , and i provided my idea to fix it . If anyone has better idea , post it .

RE: How to solve bumping of big ships - Stabby_Dave - 05-19-2017

I like the idea.

Also, just bring in a rule saying "no deliberately blocking trade lanes". Yes, I know some idiots will still do it, but then they'll be punished. Block a lane with a cloaked ship - lose the cloak and guns. It'll soon stop.

RE: How to solve bumping of big ships - TickTack - 05-21-2017

I agree +1

RE: How to solve bumping of big ships - Hubjump - 05-21-2017

Issues:
Bumping sometimes causes intense clipping and insta killing of a snub or even critical damage of transports and sometimes even cruisers when things ram ships bigger then them selves
Ive seen many times people die in a clip bugged bump, to give a bump damage properties this will make the problem a whole lot worse with battleships in close combat insta killing eachother and them selves

Its too buggy to be attempted, if we want to stop ramming, we need to fix masses not just up bump damage.

in the case of the intense clipping, Trust me... armour doesn't save you

(although i noticed they fixed collision ramming in trade lanes are while ago, good job!)

RE: How to solve bumping of big ships - Backo - 05-21-2017

Anyone remember those Zoner Carriers just EK'ing into fighter fights? (:

RE: How to solve bumping of big ships - Burning - 05-21-2017

(05-19-2017, 01:32 PM)maddog_dave Wrote: Also, just bring in a rule saying "no deliberately blocking trade lanes".

I guess this scenario would be covered by the following rule.

Server Rules Wrote:1.2 Flaming, insulting, trolling and harassing other players

RE: How to solve bumping of big ships - sasapinjic - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 12:07 PM)hubjump Wrote: (although i noticed they fixed collision ramming in trade lanes are while ago, good job!)

I dint see any notice of trade line death been fixed , but i did notice LACK of "player one killed by player two ( collision )" messages , so it is possible that it is solved .

Also , about collisions , it dosent nesesery have to be bad thing if set right , anyone here play "World of Warships" ?
You even have achievements there "kill other player with collision" . Both ships suffer consider damage in collision , but naturally big ship suffer less , so little ships tend to avoid collision at all cost while big ships try to collision when they have full hull , but it rarely happens because smaller ships can evade pretty easy , except when they stuck in shallow water . And thats 2 Dimension evade , we have 3 dimensions here , LOTS easier to avoid , not to mention how much faster and more maneuver are smaller crafts compared to Capitals .

Quote:Anyone remember those Zoner Carriers just EK'ing into fighter fights? (:

Another example of you have bigger chance to win a lottery then to hit snub like that . Yes , it is possible that player can hit snub like that , but :

1. Snubs during fight move , a LOT , carrier in EK need at least 20 sec to engage cruise and reach full speed , once he EK , he can no longer change course to aim snubs , chances for snub to be on same location are VERY slim , and friendly snubs are in same danger as enemy ones ,
2. Snubs see carrier , and will move from its way very easy , ESPECIALLY in group fights , more ays = more chances to see , and somebody will tell in group : check/watch that EK carrier" ,
3. Snubs tent to CD every capital , so it is likely they will do that , no more EK , and Carrier is at mercy of snubs CD then ,
4. Even if carrier DO manage to kill snub that way ( quote here : "great shoot kid , one in a million" ) , thats trolling , attacking without RP , AND cheating ( abusing game mechanics ) triple sanctinable offense , he will not do that again after admis are done with him .
People who love to troll dont need any special exploit or bug , they can troll on million of ways ( Kill without engagement , naming people , insult people , shadow login people , laud moth people , etc , etc , etc ) , but for them we have rules and sanctions .
Cloak cosed sanctions when first arrived i believe , until we get a rule : no insta-uncloak kills ( i was sanctioned for one to ) , but how many sanctions like that we have now ? Check sanction notices , biggest problem in sanctions are still rage/loud mouth/short temper , insulting , cheating ( intentional files changes ) , almost none Cloak related sanction's .