Discovery Gaming Community
[SIS] - Intelligence Database - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: [SIS] - Intelligence Database (/showthread.php?tid=150606)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: [SIS] - Intelligence Database - Victor Steiner - 10-27-2019

Sender:
Agent J. Skirka
To: SIS Control

Today myself and agents Bernhard & "Earl Grey" made our way up to Kusari after hearing some third party rumors about a Jump Gate construction site. We eventually found said Jump Gate construction site (Photography below) and we believe that the remote location of such an installation, aided by the nebular, would offer our agents (and other interested third parties) a prime opportunity to nick some Agiera White boxes. Naturally such a task is not without it's risks, however I leave such decisions up to the Directors.

[font=Oswald]Attachments:

Supporting documentation

Transmission Terminated

RE: [SIS] - Intelligence Database - JC8 - 12-18-2019

***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***

Sender: Operative Alex Clyde.
Subject: Uncharted Sector initial survey.
Encryption: Secured.

I've recently noticed some strange gravitational activity in the Orkney/Brittany system, during my recon mission in the Taus onboard of the Dundee, it ended up being an anomaly of unknown origin, similar to Jump-holes, but with connection to an uncharted system. Initial surveys showed that not only is an uncharted system, but is also far beyond the limits of the Sirius Sector, the place has a great density of asteroids which make maneuvers in large vessels rather slow and complicated.

Inside the system there are certain equally interesting and concerning things to note, one of them what it seems to be an abandoned Liberty Navy Battleship, no clue of for how long the vessel has been there, or how it reached that place, but i think the Liberty Navy would be interested in this.

There was as well and to be expected, what it looked like a small reconnaissance rogue Royal Navy cruiser in the system that entered through the same jump-hole anomaly, considering the situation of the system, i think it's unviable to engage in combat in capital ships, but a small squadron of bombers could tear it apart, the Crayterian Navy would probably deal with it, if they find it.

One of the most interesting things we've found in the depths of this uncharted asteroid field, is some sort of unknown material i've never seen before, once we took a small sample, we determined that it seems to be some sort of crystalline mineral, but no further analysis was possible in this vessel, this ore should be investigated in depth, and of course we managed to acquire several samples before leaving, that i will hand over to the Cambridge Research Insitute and the SIS as soon as i'm back to Bretonian space. It seems as well, that both the Order and the Coalition have started mining operations to harvest this material, so it's most likely to have some sort of industrial or even military application.

The system has three known gravitational anomalies, one of them connects to Orkney, the other one to Omega-5, and the third one is either too unstable to be used, or from alien nature, because we were unable to determine where that anomaly leads to, it may be possible that the Nomads managed to deploy those anomalies, so there are two potential threats in that place, the Royal Navy, and an unknown entity, pressumably nomads, if they are responsible of these anomalies.

Uploading visual logs.

Standing by:
Operative Alex Clyde, Her Majesty's Secret Intelligence Service.

***TRANSMISSION TERMINATED***

RE: [SIS] - Intelligence Database - JC8 - 02-14-2020

***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***

Sender: Operative Alex Clyde.
Subject: Uncharted Sector initial survey, second report.
Encryption: Secured.

While heading to the Aland Shipyard for maintainance of the Dundee in Nottingham system, i recieved strong readings from another gravitational anomaly very similar to the first one found a few months ago in Orkney/Brittany, coming from the neighbor Omega-2 system, i took a small interceptor to investigate.

[Image: screen4.png]

The anomaly appeared near the orbit of Leisi Protoplanet, in the Omega-2 system, relatevily close to the red dwarf's sun corona, initial scans showed that the anomaly was stable enough to pass through, heading to another unknown system.
The system itself seemed to be barren and abandoned, yet there were certain small infrastructures of apparently human origin, such as buoys, leading passage to one planet close to the anomaly, following the passage to the planet's orbit, scanners showed readings for a safe entry into the planet's atmosphere, upon entering through the atmospherical entry point, i've discovered an unknown station attached to an asteroid in low orbit to the planet.

The station didn't answered to my request of identification, however, the automated docking system gave me clearence to access the facility, the station was completely absend of crew of any sort excluding the automated system and several maintanance robots, and it seems like this base has been used as storage of some sort of alien artifacts, most likely coming from the surface of the apparently barren planet, i took a few samples that should be investigated by the agency as soon as possible, they do not resemble to any kind of nomad or K'Vosh artifacts i've seen before. Other than the unknown artifacts, nothing relevant was found in the facility, i decided to go back into space and scanned the planets and asteroids fields before heading back into Sirius Sector, all information will be uploaded in this report.

Uploading visual logs.

Standing by:
Operative Alex Clyde, Her Majesty's Secret Intelligence Service.

***TRANSMISSION TERMINATED***

RE: [SIS] - Intelligence Database - Victor Steiner - 03-10-2020

Sender:
Agent J. Skirka

A little unprepared trip into the Omicrons today led us to have a touch more excitement than we were anticipating. By order of the Directors, our objective was Alaska. Whatever the hell we walked into played all hell with our sensors, accurate mapping was not possible in our light craft, something heavier would be needed for more detail. I don't believe that's possible, considering what came next.

After fumbling about for 15 or so minutes, Agent Clyde and Agent Statham managed to photograph some installations in the cloud. Including obvious development of the system. As mentioned, exact locations could not be determined due to interference.

After our few photographs, we left. And were followed by the ESRD, who explained a sensor trip caused them to scramble. They informed us that, due to some space time trickery, Liberty is connected (more or less) to Minor, and thus Minor should be regarded as a zone of Liberty Interest. I told them I'd pass it along. Given the speed in which the ESRD found us it is safe to say our entrance into that system immediately triggered an alert, hence why I maintain that anything larger than a fighter would be noticed almost immediately and would be to slow to escape.

Agent Clyde returned to Minor a day later to keep an eye on the system, within the files is what he found.

Attachments:

Supporting documentation.

Transmission Terminated

RE: [SIS] - Intelligence Database - conmann35 - 05-08-2020

[Image: H7EROB0.png]

Identification:

Mehmed Selim.

Recipient:

SIS Control

Construction ship Fenland, Cambridge System.

Priority:

EXTREME

Encryption:

EXTREME

I thought my first report on the "Secret Steiner Network" was going to be relatively modest and in some ways reminiscent of my first patrol flights under the Revolutionary Army. So much for that. A distress signal was sent out from Nottingham, pretty close to Aland Shipyard, and there was in fact a BOWEX freighter in distress with some Rheinland Imperialist's afternoon feast, or something. By the time I, and the Armed Forces got there though, trouble had passed for the moment. The trader was especially eager to push on, and maybe even wanted to retaliate against his aggressor, so they, and I, moved into Omega-7 while the BAF remained to protect Nottingham. We didn't get jumped, so the shipper proceeded to complete his delivery while I picked up hostiles deep in the gas pockets by the lane. It turns out the aggressor gunship was using a scrambled IFF code, I wasn't able to safely get a perfect visual, but my intuition tells me this was likely an advanced Nomad combatant of some form. It seems the nomad vessel ended up in a fight with a Hessian torpedo bomber and their fight ended up running too deep into the clouds for me to maintain target lock. When I swung around to Nottingham, I registered an explosion from a vantage point near Freeport One, so one of them must have dispatched the other. This is definitely something your data men are going to want to peek into, Steiner.

GUNCAM

RE: [SIS] - Intelligence Database - Victor Steiner - 05-31-2020

Sender:
Agent J. Skirka

On orders from the Director, myself, agent Statham and agent Selim initiated reconnaissance of the following systems:

Cologne
Dresden
Omega-5
Omega-47

The objective of this mission was to gain insight into the nature of thoses systems, it's inhabitants, geographical features, and areas of attack. Each system comes with detailed photography although we were limited in how close we could approach. It is advised we forward this report to the Gallic MRG forces station in Zurich and the Rheinland Military stationed in New Berlin.

Folder 1
Folder 2

Transmission Terminated

RE: [SIS] - Intelligence Database - Zyliath - 08-01-2020

[Image: JoCT4kZ.png]

Identification:

Michel de Grasse

[UNDISCLOSED]

Recipient:

SIS Control

Priority:

Extreme

Encryption:

Extreme

Greetings. De Grasse, reporting in about the events of today's patrol. All logs and guncam shots are found below.

I joined with Agent Earl Grey in Harris' orbit, where we met an AI vessel, callsign |AI|Alpha-EX which seemed friendly at first, but showed some degree of possible hostility - keep an eye out for it.
While at it, I checked onto a heavily armored ore hauler which stated to be carrying Molybdenum Ore to New Berlin - let's just say my braincells nearly committed suicide trying to understand its gibberish...but I digress.

The first notable event of the day was the appearance of an Enclave gunboat, callsign RNS-Nuage, which Earl Grey and I engaged as it ended its cruise just in front of Planet Harris' docking ring. We alerted the BAF for heavy support as our firepower wasn't enough to punch through. With the arrival of the BAF|A-HMS-Dido, a friendly gunboat, the enemy met his demise as he tried to flee to Edinburgh.

Following this encounter, we had a near-diplomatic fiasco in orbit of Harris: a Naval Forces officer, callsign [KNF]|'Hitokiri'|66th, which I spotted beforehand headed to the planet, started a heated discussion with a Crayterian logisctics captain, callsign =CR=ISE-Atlas.3, in blatant ignorance of the neutrality around Harris. But I'll let the detailed logs below speak for themselves.

As for the report, it ends here.
De Grasse, signing out.

PS: I almost forgot to say that said KNF pilot has spoken of a communication sent to the SIS, to which they are still awaiting a response...very impatiently, it seems.

RE: [SIS] - Intelligence Database - Victor Steiner - 10-11-2020

Sender:
Agent J. Skirka

As per a recent order, I have (over the past week) quietly made my way North into Gallia to link up with our operations within that House.

On the one hand, Gallia being fractured and currently undergoing an invasion, has made my life a little easier. Patrols are less common and risk of civil detection lower than usual.

On the other hand, Militaries are out in force and approaching planets, shipyards and the like exceedingly difficult to undertake. Fortune has it however that I could complete at least a part of my given mission.

Given the aforementioned limitations, exact details are nearly impossible to obtain, however reconnaissance puts the bulk of the Kusarian fleet in the Dauphine system (it is unknown is if this is the entire invasion fleet or a significant portion of it). Given that the fleet currently is in battle formation, details on each ship's status are impossible to obtain. However I assume they are relatively good order since they seem to be preparing to do battle with the opposing Gallic fleets (I myself am actually unsure what to call the Gallic fleet since they aren't exactly united in one faction).

Much like the Kusari fleets, the Gallic ones also appear to be in battle formation and thus are presumably in reasonable condition. The Enclave, meanwhile, maintain a sizeable position in Languedoc, specifically gathered around Planet Quillan. Again, it is not possible to obtain detailed information on each ship's status. The Enclave forces appear to be in a defensive position, rather than an offensive one. Meanwhile the route from Quillan eastwards remains in Kusari's control (at least nominally)

Speculation about battles is not usually a wise idea, and I cannot accurately speak about the chances either side has of victory given that I have an incomplete picture of the situation (fleet sizes, conditions, morale, tactical/strategic advantages or disadvantages). With that being said, at a glance, Kusari does seem to have numerical superiority, excluding the enclave. It is also possible the Enclave is waiting to see who would win between the Gallic Forces and Kusari Navy so they might strike when both are at their weakest and push home their advantage.

Again, I submit this report with very limited data, but I hope what information I have found satisfies the reader.

Attachments:

Supporting documentation

Transmission Terminated

RE: [SIS] - Intelligence Database - Victor Steiner - 10-14-2020

Sender:
Director V. Steiner

This is a situational overview of the current condition of the Cologne system while it remains under Hessian occupation. It is intended for the Imperial Navy more than the Armed Forces. This report will be sent to agent Hanna Wyghtham to pass on to Rheinlandic officials.

Cologne is not a system in a reasonable state, consider it fortunate that the system was not more developed when it fell. However given that Planet Saarbrucken has Planetform technology and machinery on it, it is in Bretonia's interest to see Cologne returned to Rheinland's control. Likewise, although the Gallic-Rheinlandic corridor is still incomplete, having a hostile power between them is likely to result in a reaction.

So far as I can tell there is a sizable, but limited, Hessian presence in that system with only 1 battleship being observed around Saarbrucken (How the Hessians managed to build a battleship is an uncomfortable question for another time). There is no docking ring, so I assume (but have not observed) there is an atmospheric entry point that leads down to the main settlement sites. Given that this occupation has lasted long than a few months I think we can safely assume that they are moving people to and from the planet, I imagine the local settlers are either dead or enslaved at this point. Tholey station is occupied as well, and it is likely that it is now serving as a glorified weapons platform and defensive hardpoint. It is possible the Hessians are expecting Rheinland to try and retake the station rather than destroy it outright, making it a formidable defensive position.

Wuppertal refinery on the other hand is Junker controlled, and is in bad shape. It won't take much to send that station into oblivion. The Junker presence makes a surprise assault unlikely, at best, given that they will likely tip the Hessians off before your arrival at Saarbrucken, even with the trade lanes from Wuppertal to Tholey intact. Once an assault begins, expect reinforcements from the deeper omegas to respond.

It is my recommendation a joint operation between Gallia and Rheinland takes place, using forces available that won't compromise the defence of either house whilst also being prepared for any counter attacks. Station boarding actions are not recommended, however if Rheinland elects to do so, marine infantry will be essential. Detailed scans of the planet's surface are not available, however given the Hessians desire for fresh worlds, it is expected that they have dug in and thus a sizeable force will be required to dislodge them from the planets surface.

Reconnaissance images have been attached below.

Attachments:

Supporting documentation

Transmission Terminated

RE: [SIS] - Intelligence Database - Victor Steiner - 10-28-2020

Sender:
Agent J. Skirka

Following on from my report on the Dauphine system, the SIS has recently managed to secure limited access into Gallia by way of the Grand Duchy. Earlier today I had the opportunity to be shown around the systems of Lorraine and Burgundy alongside officer Gregoire Dupont of the MNG.

Simply put, Lorraine is occupied, it's infrastructure is in tact for the most part with the notable exception being Roanne Production Facility which has seen battle. According to Dupont, the Kusarians targeted civilian stations in an effort to quell any would be resisters. Planet Metz is blockaded, and MNG reports indicate that the Kusarians are not attempting an ground invasion, there are also no fleets in Lorraine that I noticed, it is behind the Front line and close enough to Kusari that it is easily reinforced if need be.

Burgundy however, is an entirely different story as right down from the trade lane lies the front line. The Images I have attached to this report will do the scene more justice than words ever will, likewise I have attached the black box records as well. What we now know is the Kusarian fleets that are involved in the invasion. They are the Hamamatsu and Matsumoto. On the Kusarian side, Battleships Lida, Nakano and Ueda have been destroyed, while battleships Tawara and Shimada are also present. Other Kusarian ship names remain unknown, although I believe that some Kusarian unlawfuls might be able to assist us on that front.

On the Gallic side, their losses include: The Epinal, Tavaux and Saulx with the Epinal being a particularly hard blow for the systems defence. Kusari will push hard to break through the inexperienced Gallic lines and push toward the capital. As it stands, the front line is established at Planet Nevers.

It was about this time that Dupont and I encountered an officer of the Kusari Intelligence Agency. Not overly unexpected, until he attacked me after I expressly stated I was not obliged or legally able to attack him. The conversation that was had with him (albeit a brief conversation) is also provided below. The Kusarian was destroyed in what I believe is the first Bretonian-Duchy joint mission.

Attachments:

Supporting documentation

Transmission Terminated