Discovery Gaming Community
A Military Grade Firework - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: A Military Grade Firework (/showthread.php?tid=150835)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

A Military Grade Firework - Spectre - 06-05-2017

Juneau Shipyard, Alaska System
Science Bay 42 - Subsection e

0957 Hours Liberty Time

The door to the science bay opened up, every single person in the room calling everyone else to attention.

"Carry on," she said, giving them all the go ahead to continue their work. Not a lot of them seemed to be doing much, but to be fair there wasn't much to do anyway. All they had were the data files from those countless trips into the uncharted sector.

"A lot of data here, ma'am. Shouldn't take us long to pile enough of it together to start setting up this device."

"Good. Make sure the engineering teams are ready to do their jobs. I don't want any screw ups when we finish this thing. The Admiral's putting a lot of faith into us, and I'm not about to let the division look like a sorry sack of potatoes."

"Yes, ma'am!" The cadet, or at least she thought he was a cadet, headed out of the room to do his duty. Meanwhile, she pulled up her communicator, radioing for all of her available operatives to proceed to the marked bay at once.

"Driva, Nova. Gather what others you can find and proceed to Bay 42 at once. We've got work to do."

RE: A Military Grade Firework - DarkTails - 06-05-2017

Nova gathered her two best operatives and they headed towards Bay 42. "So, Ma'am, what are we doing now?" "If I knew I would've told you by now. We're just supposed to get to Bay 42 right away." Nova and her two men arrived at the bay, looking around. "So where's the rest of your people, Nova?" The operatives look at her, confused. "Busy with other assignments. I do appreciate you question everything, but quit questioning everything for the moment. You two are my best, so I gathered you and came here, that's all I know, for now."

RE: A Military Grade Firework - Spectre - 06-05-2017

Upon entry to the bay, one of the lounging operatives called the room to attention, even though a far superior officer stood not even ten feet from him.
"Really..?"
The officer, clearly recognisable as Murray, proceeded to approach Nova, shaking her hand briefly.
"Agent.. or is it Operative? It's always confusing here.." The twing in her voice sounded much more apparent than it ever could over comm. It sounded less Sirian than the rest of the people in the room, with a slight hint of Bretonian to top it off.

"Regardless, I'm glad you're here. As you can see here, we're beginning stage one. I'd like to have you spearhead it, if you're not too busy with something else."

"Either or. I was just looking over a couple reports on that crystal sample I secured from the uncharted system, nothing important. I've brought my two best men. What needs doing?" Nova seemed confident whatever the task was, she could handle it. Her two operatives stood to each of her flanks behind her, watching the exchange. "Agent sounds better." "Sounds more LSF, but I don't mind either of them. Whichever you prefer, Ma'am."

"Investigation and construction. Assuming either of you three are half decent with a wrench and blueprints, I need you to assist the rest of the bay here in decoding these data pamphlets and building the device."
She motions towards a stack of pamphlets quartered off from the rest of the pile.
"These ones will give you a head start, as we know they're related to this 'NEMP'. Alongside scout reports from when that Maltese pirate deployed one against the California gate, this should give you a good enough boost to get things going. I'm going to try and assist with sorting this pile.."

"Our end goal is the construction of two of these explosives. I already know where Sader wants one, but as for the second, I can only assume Rochester or reserve."
One of the operatives approached Nova with one of the datapads, pointing out a section describing the inner mechanics of the trigger.
"Here, ma'am.. It's a start..."

"Hope this room is lead-lined. We'll need two nuclear cores. The casing and electromagnetic detonator will be easy.. hm..." Nova studied the datapad, taking note of the components she'll need to construct the two bombs. "Reminds me of the nuclear weapons of old. The external components will be easy, but a detonator for both an electromagnetic device as well as the nuclear core. I'm not thinking too deep again am I?" "Not so much that as, doesn't a nuclear blast have inherent EMP properties?" "Well in any case, we'll get started on this right away."

RE: A Military Grade Firework - Ikarus_Hagen - 06-05-2017

After "Driva" heard the message, he went to the bay. He left his assistant in his personal lab but took his datapad with his notations to the bay.
When he arrived he searched for Nova and Murray. There were a lot of people but he found them and walked to them.

Yeah, I finally arrived. What is the problem?

"Ah, good. Sader wants two of those 'NEMP' bombs constructed from the blueprints housed within these data pamphlets. Nova's already working on acquiring the materials. While she's doing that, I need you to begin helping engineering piece together the parts and see where you cna try and improve the design. If you can find a way to produce these things without the data, that'd also be great."
She looked to the both of them, hands firmly on her hips.
"If we can get this done quickly, we'll then be able to get back to bigger and better things."

One of the operatives working on the blueprints let out a slight comment. "Like nuking frogs..!"
"Yes.. Like nuking frogs.."

RE: A Military Grade Firework - Ikarus_Hagen - 06-05-2017

"Driva" watched at the blueprints and took his datapad.
Well, those looking like the ancient nuclear weapons. I can see what i can do here. But first I get back to my own lab and try to build a very small one, for tests of course, if you don't mind.
He looked at the people working with these datas.
Do you have a first blueprint? Because I think those NEMP's are just bigger mines. And i want to know it before I put too much effort into bulding my small test bomb for nothing.

RE: A Military Grade Firework - DarkTails - 06-06-2017

Nova continued working with her men to design a functional detonator for the devices, one of her agents sent to get the nuclear cores into a storage facility until the time comes to install them, the other working on the bombs' housing. "We need this housing to be able to take some knocking around, without a doubt we'll have to deploy it from a Navy ship and I have no idea where they'll be used, so I want it study, use a titanium-iridium alloy, same we use for our warships. It won't be much, but it'll keep the core intact enough to deploy the bomb and get out. As for detonator, we need to ensure it can't be jammed, but a timed charge may be too unreliable to work with, but don't count one yet."

Nova wanted to take every precaution to ensure the devices' stability and functionality, while not going too far into her thoughts of guiding the project along, she studied the blueprints from the datapads intently.