Discovery Gaming Community
Provide an estimated wait time on Green Votes. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Provide an estimated wait time on Green Votes. (/showthread.php?tid=150884)

Pages: 1 2 3

Provide an estimated wait time on Green Votes. - Enkidu - 06-06-2017

Exactly what it says on the tin. I don't want to simplify this into a poll.

It's an unrecognised problem that SRP votes, Perk votes, any kind of admin-based content administration vote takes far too long. Sometimes they're posted up with nobody physically checking the thread for months. Often they're expedited by skype bumping and pestering - this shouldn't be the system. It should work as displayed.

I'd consider having an active, publically available list of things like perks and SRP requests being made available. No content on them needs to be public, just a timeline that lets you see when it was posted and collates everything into one easily accessible, unified location. It's either that or the Greens get on top of this more, but the realities of it dictate otherwise. Perks represent the work and investment of OFLs, and gives OFL status a degree of personal meaning. Equally, SRPs represent somebody's character development, and holding them in limbo can be destructive to their gameplay experience in certain scenarios. Fast acceptance or rejection needs to happen. Communication needs to happen.

I'm involved in a lot of roleplay, so I'm usually representing a group of people who are waiting on something. But it's getting overwhelming and frustrating for a lot of people, not just me. In this case, it isn't an example of wanting special candy. Sometimes it's a case of players trying to fix balance issues, or preserve the longevity of an OFL in times when player counts are rarified. In other cases, it's somebody's own unique roleplay which is being bottlenecked by circumstances out of their control. The more weeks they have to wait for acceptance/rejection, the greater the chance they'll lose interest.

If the Admins can't make the system work efficiently, the system should be changed, streamlined, refined somehow - just as the Officialdom process once was. People should receive approval and denial messages more quickly. It would be better to remove the system than have it be something which is stressful to be on the receiving end of.

Above everything, there needs to be some chat wherin admins can be communicated with, not just PM'd, by parties with something to say. Something similar to the green room but for people waiting on non-sanction related administration requests. It would ease paperwork for everyone.

Please. The current system is unsustainable. As an OFL, I get stick for it too, as surprising numbers of people come to me to ask when this or that will be around, and I can only respond with "wait and see", and/or "eventually", or "It's out of my hands. Having to pester you is annoying for me, too.

There needs to be a better solution.

RE: Provide an estimated wait time on Green Votes. - Skorak - 06-06-2017

I believe adding a table that needs to be maintained to a process that, as you say, already takes long enough, won't be solving but harming the process.

A lot of backlog is already being processed that has caused newer requests to take even longer. So a bit more patience and things should be back on track.

RE: Provide an estimated wait time on Green Votes. - Valhalla Sr. - 06-06-2017

You raise a valid point but with the infamous iRL and overwhelming amount of admin/forum work they need to go through, most of us accepted that it is going to take some time. Then again, if you spent a ton of time doing SRP related roleplay, you should accept the wait time it takes for them to review it all.

RE: Provide an estimated wait time on Green Votes. - Enkidu - 06-06-2017

(06-06-2017, 07:10 PM)Skorak Wrote: I believe adding a table that needs to be maintained to a process that, as you say, already takes long enough, won't be solving but harming the process.

A lot of backlog is already being processed that has caused newer requests to take even longer. So a bit more patience and things should be back on track.

The problem is that the backlog builds at a greater rate than it is worked through, which means the wait time will increase infinitely.

RE: Provide an estimated wait time on Green Votes. - Skorak - 06-06-2017

I am curious as to who told you that.

(06-06-2017, 07:13 PM)Skorak Wrote: I am curious as to who told you that.

I'd prefer not to disclose stuff like that.

Edit: It sidesteps the subject anyway. Point is - votes are slow. Votes obviously still need to happen, but there needs to be a bit more transparency so people don't feel forgotten. Sometimes people actually do have their requests forgotten. It's not an irrational fear.

Lets stay on topic;

Another thing I always wanted to know os what determines the time it takes to process an SRP request as in the near future I will be submitting one aswell

(06-06-2017, 07:16 PM)Valhalla Sr. Wrote: Lets stay on topic;

Another thing I always wanted to know os what determines the time it takes to process an SRP request as in the near future I will be submitting one aswell

That can be inferred by the difference between the date of posting and the date of acceptance/denial message on old requests. There was a point where the average wait time was approx two weeks. It's now significantly higher.

Seeing as how many active admin team members we have and how many are busy with other stuff, I'm not expecting them to go through the requests and accept/deny them for at least a month, which can deter the quality of some roleplay actions but, must be accepted as we currently lack quality admin team members.

(06-06-2017, 07:20 PM)Valhalla Sr. Wrote: Seeing as how many active admin team members we have and how many are busy with other stuff, I'm not expecting them to go through the requests and accept/deny them for at least a month, which can deter the quality of some roleplay actions but, must be accepted as we currently lack quality admin team members.

I think the quality is fine, the process isn't transparent, that's all.

Edit: My AI indie took about one month, six days, but that was with reminders every five days to at least one green. I'm assuming without those prompts it would have taken longer, as not everybody (understandably) checks every thread every week. It'd be fine if a one-month wait duration was posted up somewhere and we could expect that as an average - just like we have the Two month(?) stated wait for Official Faction Creation votes. That would settle the issue.