Discovery Gaming Community
Starting from scratch - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Starting from scratch (/showthread.php?tid=150939)

Pages: 1 2 3

Starting from scratch - Banned player t202085 - 06-08-2017

Hey,

Long story short, I'm having to start from 0. (/restart beginner) We are planning on doing some indie blood dragon play but need this fit out

2 x BD bombers
1 x GMG gunship

To get our 3 players in PVP level armor is going to cost a bomb let alone the fact that we also wanted cloaks for the 3 ships (cloaks add 150mil to each bomber and then a stupid amount for the gunship so we have kinda given up on that)

so my question is what is the quickest way to make the best part of 650mil when you're starting with 0?

RE: Starting from scratch - Sombs - 06-08-2017

Do it like most of us did: Use the sunburst until you can get a Mammoth (2,200 units cargo, around 11.000.000 Credits), then a Serenity (3.600 units cargo, $39,100,500 package price according to Wiki) and then go for the Kujira (4.700 cargo, $80,600,620 package price) or a Stork (5.000 cargo, $188,198,610 package price). In the beginning, best thing you can do is have someone of your group get a mining ship and head to mining areas. The helium cloud behind Erie is a good place to start - just sell the helium at Erie, don't bother to do a big trade route with anything less than 4000 cargo. It doesn't pay out. Another good place to start is Dublin, because the New London PoBs always buy Gold Ore and are quickly empty again. Once you have a Kujira or a Stork, you can take the loads off the PoB and bring it to New Berling or Colorado - the latter is only 13 minutes and you can take Pharmaceuticals on the way back. Profit of 40.000.000 credits per 5k and run.

Once you have a 5k ship, you can literally do any route and make good profits from it, but rule of thumb is: The route is most profitable when the profit per minute is close or more than one million credits.

Do keep in mind that not all ships ingame are inRP open market technology. You should contact the current GMG player faction and ask for permission to use the gunship inRP. Otherwise, they might fine or even hunt you. That however counts only if that GMG gunship is used with any other ID than GMG ID.

RE: Starting from scratch - Banned player t202085 - 06-08-2017

(06-08-2017, 12:19 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Do keep in mind that not all ships ingame are inRP open market technology. You should contact the current GMG player faction and ask for permission to use the gunship inRP. Otherwise, they might fine or even hunt you. That however counts only if that GMG gunship is used with any other ID than GMG ID.

Of course, I'm not that new.

(06-08-2017, 12:19 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Do it like most of us did: Use the sunburst until you can get a Mammoth (2,200 units cargo, around 11.000.000 Credits), then a Serenity (3.600 units cargo, $39,100,500 package price according to Wiki) and then go for the Kujira (4.700 cargo, $80,600,620 package price) or a Stork (5.000 cargo, $188,198,610 package price). In the beginning, best thing you can do is have someone of your group get a mining ship and head to mining areas. The helium cloud behind Erie is a good place to start - just sell the helium at Erie, don't bother to do a big trade route with anything less than 4000 cargo. It doesn't pay out. Another good place to start is Dublin, because the New London PoBs always buy Gold Ore and are quickly empty again. Once you have a Kujira or a Stork, you can take the loads off the PoB and bring it to New Berling or Colorado - the latter is only 13 minutes and you can take Pharmaceuticals on the way back. Profit of 40.000.000 credits per 5k and run.

Once you have a 5k ship, you can literally do any route and make good profits from it, but rule of thumb is: The route is most profitable when the profit per minute is close or more than one million credits.

I was worried I'd have to resort to trading and mining. It stings that i have to go through all of this again when it is my least favorite part of the game. It will take atleast month to make enough money to get this going. Thanks for the advice we'll see if the 3 of us actually get past the grind

RE: Starting from scratch - sindroms - 06-08-2017

I am curious as well.
Meaning that I think it is time for another Let'splay A-Z tutorial.

Just do it via TeamSpeak, Discord or Skype or listen to some music or watch a let's play. The grinding part is what everyone of us did at least once, I even did it a second time from scratch just to see how long it would take. Your best bet really is going for Dublin, as the PoBs in Bretonia buy Gold Ore for 3.000 up to 4.500 Credits per unit the last time I checked it. Karlotta's Eldorado station buys it for 4.000 Credits, however I doubt anyone would go and buy it from there. Same goes for Goldern Coin. People usually get docking rights for the PoBs in New London, like Fortitudine, Danzig, Ilfracombe and what not. Canary Wharf buys Gold Ore for 3.500 Credits per unit and is open for everyone, however just as quickly as it is filled up by BMM, it is emptied by noname traders. I think Isle of Skye does still buy Gold Ore for 3.250 Credits per unit but rarely gets filled up.

RE: Starting from scratch - St.Denis - 06-08-2017

With 3 of you, all you need is a Mining Ship and 3 Haulers and the money will flow in very quickly.

The Bases in Planet New London's orbit buy Gold Ore for 3000-3250 credits per unit. Start filling those Bases up and then buy the Ore from the Bases and take it to the sell point. You should be able, between the 3 of you, make the money in a maximum of about 6 hours.

As for the Cloaks, the prices of the Bomber Cloaks, that you quote are a bit on the high side. I would suggest check Isle of Skye, Planet New London, for the Cloaks as their prices, I believe, are a lot cheaper than what you quoted.

(06-08-2017, 12:36 PM)St.Denis Wrote: With 3 of you, all you need is a Mining Ship and 3 Haulers and the money will flow in very quickly.

The Bases in Planet New London's orbit buy Gold Ore for 3000-3250 credits per unit. Start filling those Bases up and then buy the Ore from the Bases and take it to the sell point. You should be able, between the 3 of you, make the money in a maximum of about 6 hours.

As for the Cloaks, the prices of the Bomber Cloaks, that you quote are a bit on the high side. I would suggest check Isle of Skye, Planet New London, for the Cloaks as their prices, I believe, are a lot cheaper than what you quoted.

Haulers as in storks that cost 180 million each if i could afford 3 of them id already be close to the amount i need to make :/

And if you're having problems with pirates, do it like me and fly around in Gallia. Gallia has some neat trade routes you just need to find. They aren't as profitable as some other routes, but nobody logs for single traders in Gallia. In fact, I yet have to see the day when I stumble across a GRN player in Gallia.

Also, there are loans offered: Impy (cheap) and Corile