Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Donations - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Discovery Donations (/showthread.php?tid=151127)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Discovery Donations - Skorak - 06-17-2017

As we already announced, we will have to rent new servers.
We will also have to return to a donation based system. For that, we have set up a new PayPal account as well as a Patreon. This should make the process a lot easier and more transparent.

We are currently planning that we'll need 20€(~22.30$ / ~17.50£) per month for the forums and about 50€(~55.90$ / ~43.80£) for the game server. On top of that we will have to pay a 60€(~67.00$ / ~52.50£) setup fee.

This is all considering that we will get the game server we picked out. It is currently out of stock but we constantly check for it to return to availability. The forums are less of a problem and we focus on the game server first.

So we'd need at least 120€(~134.10$ / ~105.-£) for the first month. After that it will be the planned 70€(~78.20$ / ~61.25£) - all considering we get our desired hoster and product. If not it might be a bit more. The reason we focus on this one so much is that it is well affordable without sacrificing anything. All the features we need are there and as far as we know it runs well for most players.

So far for the explanations and the price estimates.

We hope that with the community we have, gaining enough to keep this running shouldn't be too difficult.

Here is the Patreon link: https://www.patreon.com/discoverygc - If every member would donate one dollar, euro or pound we'd have no worries in sustaining the server for the future.

Thank you for your support!

RE: Discovery Donations - Enkidu - 06-17-2017

Donating a pound a month. Advise others to consider doing the same, or more if you have the luxury.

RE: Discovery Donations - Geoffacake - 06-17-2017

Added my support, hopefully we can get enough people to keep this server running.

Edit: Actually, you could take advantage of the Patreon Page for development notes, for example, any content that is sure to get into the next update can be teased + email notifications can be sent out to those that have donated. Although compared to other patreons that gift something in return, with the strict rule set we have, trading money for ingame items is a little "Pay 2 Win". So its reasonable not to expect much in return.

RE: Discovery Donations - Sashley - 06-17-2017

Hello

I would like to donate £10 to help every month, but I would like to use PayPal...or does Patreon allow one time donations instead of a monthly thing ? It's not that I don't want to donate monthly it's just i would rather do it myself than set up a direct debit or such. Because i'm not always sure if i will have the money available.

Thanks

RE: Discovery Donations - Skorak - 06-17-2017

I thought Patreon would allow one time things but I guess it doesn't. What you could do is donate £10 and cancel it next time but let's talk via PM and I can walk you through =)

RE: Discovery Donations - Felsvar - 06-17-2017

Donating 3.00$ a month. Shouldn't hurt my wallet. Tongue

RE: Discovery Donations - Major_Mayhem - 06-17-2017

What about one-time donations via paypal?

RE: Discovery Donations - Skorak - 06-17-2017

Patreon itself doesn't offer that directly. They themselves suggest that the solution to that is supposed to be pledging and then canceling that right after you got charged.

I can PM you and we handle it otherwise though.

RE: Discovery Donations - Agetneor - 06-17-2017

U got my monie Smile

RE: Discovery Donations - Daynox - 06-17-2017

Even though my hours at work have been cut back ill try and do what i can. I like this place and the people and would like to continue flying. Once work picks up i will be able to help out a hell of a lot more Wink