Discovery Gaming Community
To: IMG| re.:Singapore Shipyard/Courier-Delivered/Confidential - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: IMG| re.:Singapore Shipyard/Courier-Delivered/Confidential (/showthread.php?tid=151205)

Pages: 1 2

To: IMG| re.:Singapore Shipyard/Courier-Delivered/Confidential - Panzer - 06-19-2017

[Image: iwrXhMW.png]

Admiral Moliere, Fleet Logistics.

Forgive the unusual manner of this message, but the case matter is quite sensitive.
I have been tasked with ascertaining the factual status and potential of Singapore Shipyard, T44.

As you have no doubt awaited anxiously, the system has been recaptured and some of its installations are undergoing repairs. The entire system has been reevaluated from a strategic and industrial standpoint and a great portion of the intended development involves Singapore, which the IMG thankfully took control over to prevent its destruction or capture by the Royals.

While Sabah together with "our" portion of Singapore provides sufficient fleet maintenance capacity, naval production output and efficiency have been found woefully insufficient. Simply put - we'd like Singapore to undergo a radical expansion. We do not wish to disturb the station's current formal arrangements in any way.

Would you agree to and consider assisting in such a scheme?

~Moliere

//ps.: @Henderson TL;DR
JAAAAK! Snazzbase. same iff as now. BIG. Maybe custom. Want?

RE: To: IMG| re.:Singapore Shipyard/Courier-Delivered/Confidential - Panzer - 06-21-2017

[message is waiting to be replied to, looking more accusingly by the day]

RE: To: IMG| re.:Singapore Shipyard/Courier-Delivered/Confidential - ABlix - 06-30-2017

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

¤ LOCATION: Deep Taus

¤ COMM-ID: Karl Blix

¤ TARGET-ID: Admiral Moliere

¤ SUBJECT: Majulah Singapura

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

Dear Admiral,

Firstly, please accept our apologies for the delay in our response to your enquiry. I am Karl Blix, and I have been assigned to be the IMG liaison with the Republic.
We in the IMG are eager to renew the spirit of co-operation with the Crayter Republic that has served both so well in the past. We are more than happy to offer the use of one of the dry docks on Singapore, to allow for the repair of your ships and an increase in your fighting potential.

We would also be willing to offer our services with the reconstruction of any bases damaged in Tau-44, both logistically and with the shipment of goods where they are needed, if so desired. We can stockpile goods that you might need for reconstruction, or even offer some of our own stockpiles to speed up rebuilding. We should be able to provide robotics, hull segments, engine components, and compatible ammo or energy cells – should you desire them.

Regarding the “radical expansion” of Singapore you mention, what precisely do you have in mind? The more specific you can be about you desires, the quicker we can try and accommodate them.

Yours, in solidarity

Karl Blix
Independent Miners Guild

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ End of Transmission ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

RE: To: IMG| re.:Singapore Shipyard/Courier-Delivered/Confidential - Panzer - 07-01-2017

In the most general terms, the plan is to at least double the number of drydock frames while at the same time adding sufficient raw mineral processing capability to the installation to allow it as much logistical independence as possible. Logic being - in our specific situation, there's very little issue obtaining unprocessed ores of even the most valuable minerals on the market. In quantity. A one-stop-shop for ships would be considerably safer from both enemy actions as well as market fluctuation than a traditional, specialized facility.

I will deliver the exact blueprints and projected appearance of the facility "after" as soon as I get them.

~Moliere

RE: To: IMG| re.:Singapore Shipyard/Courier-Delivered/Confidential - ABlix - 07-03-2017

Dear Admiral,

Whilst we admire your ambition, we must be prudent in these trying times. The Gallics have been removed from Tau-44 but their spies remain, and such a large scale operation would be very easy for them to discover and report back to their masters about, as well as the increased traffic flowing to the base bringing supplies and workers. The Gallics have spies throughout the Taus, not to mention a Battleship on our doorstep in Tau-23. Furthermore, we cannot be assured of the total loyalty of Council troops that have surrendered and changed sides. Not that we do not share your desire for an expanded Singapore, just we must be careful that our desires do not outstretch our means.

As a first step, we recommend working on increasing the interior of the facility to match your needs before we embark on such a large outer extension, and re-assessing the situation once that has been completed.

Would this be acceptable? If so, what supplies do you believe would be required for an internal refit matching your desires?

Yours, in solidarity

Karl Blix
Independent Miners Guild

RE: To: IMG| re.:Singapore Shipyard/Courier-Delivered/Confidential - ABlix - 07-16-2017

==Boosting Signal==

RE: To: IMG| re.:Singapore Shipyard/Courier-Delivered/Confidential - Panzer - 07-26-2017

There are ways and means at our disposal that would effectively conceal both the construction effort as well as the involved logistics. Without going into specifics, Routing the station's communications through an electronic warfare cruiser and using jamming equipment along the approach routes.

I wish we were in a position where the endeavor could be approached with patience, but unfortunately, time is of the essence. It has been decided, that an industrial buildup at this juncture is the most prudent course of action, Singapore has been chosen as a viable investment within a reasonable timeframe of completion. Far be it for us however to try and force ourselves upon you, therefore should serious work not commence soon, the resources we'd allot to Singapore will simply be redirected to the next project on the list. I stand by my earlier proposition as per the extent of the work involved (which includes the interior upgrades mentioned), albeit with special consideration given to security.

~Moliere

RE: To: IMG| re.:Singapore Shipyard/Courier-Delivered/Confidential - Panzer - 08-21-2017

/a clock keeps ticking menacingly/

RE: To: IMG| re.:Singapore Shipyard/Courier-Delivered/Confidential - ABlix - 09-20-2017

Dear Admiral,

Please accept my most sincere apologies, time has flown and communications have been lost. I am truly very sorry for the delay in responding.

If your organisation is so keen on this refit, then we are happy to oblige. The Gallic presence in the Taus has diminished recently, hopefully, this means that now is the right time for us to begin flexing our muscles. I do hope when the Gallics find out about this, they will be pre-occupied elsewhere.

From what you have mentioned we believe your work will require around 4000 units of each of the following:
  • Ablative Armor Plating
    Ship Hull Panels
    Robotics

Do you think this is feasible?

Yours, in solidarity

Karl Blix
Independent Miners Guild

RE: To: IMG| re.:Singapore Shipyard/Courier-Delivered/Confidential - Panzer - 09-21-2017

The quantities specified match our own estimations.
Work begins now.

~Moliere