Discovery Gaming Community
Xeno ID and Equipment Contradiction - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Xeno ID and Equipment Contradiction (/showthread.php?tid=151287)

Xeno ID and Equipment Contradiction - Ruairi - 06-23-2017

On the Xeno ID, it says we are not allowed to use gunboats...yet for some reason Ouray base sells a Xeno Gunboat Turret. The hell?

RE: Xeno ID and Equipment Contradiction - HanCloudstone - 06-23-2017

I has a relevant kweschun.
Was there an official Xenos ID that allowed gunboats at some point?

RE: Xeno ID and Equipment Contradiction - sindroms - 06-23-2017

The gunboat turrets in question were added due to the Xeno SRP ships. There are currently no discussion active regarding to giving a public non-nomad terrorist ID the ability to fly gunboats.

RE: Xeno ID and Equipment Contradiction - Karst - 06-23-2017

No, but there is a single SRP'd Terrorist ID Liberty gunboat used by the Xeno Alliance; it's actually the oldest SRP in the archive.

XA-Retribution

Edit: Why we needed specific gunboat turrets for this I have no idea, I'm pretty sure XA never requested them.

RE: Xeno ID and Equipment Contradiction - Shelco - 06-23-2017

(06-23-2017, 11:29 AM)sindroms Wrote: The gunboat turrets in question were added due to the Xeno SRP ships. There are currently no discussion active regarding to giving a public non-nomad terrorist ID the ability to fly gunboats.

The Xeno ID is bad actually, you are surrounded by capital ships and have nothing to counter them, not even a gunboat, saying it would be OP due to them being able to shoot transports, mind that you can only shoot foreign ones. This and the horrible rep for Xenos, they can barely RP with anyone, shooting foreign transports and being hostile to 99% of Sirius is not exactly a perk that justifies the prohibition of using gunboats for Xenos imo.

RE: Xeno ID and Equipment Contradiction - Karst - 06-23-2017

I don't think it's really about shooting transports, they have far better ships for that already (heavy bombers, small transports), it's more about the way Xenos are supposed to operate, with small ships and hit-and-run tactics, not long-term engagements with heavy ships.

RE: Xeno ID and Equipment Contradiction - Enkidu - 06-23-2017

Request it as a perk once an OFL. It's a slow system, but it works.

RE: Xeno ID and Equipment Contradiction - Toris (Old Account) - 06-23-2017

Quote: it's more about the way Xenos are supposed to operate, with small ships and hit-and-run tactics, not long-term engagements with heavy ships.

I agree with Karst. Xenos were initially formed from non-existant Alabama Shipyard workers in Colorado. Nowadays, it is safe to assume that at least part of Xenos some retained shipwright abilities given from generation to generation - the reason why Hellfire tolerates them. Xenos are also composed of miners, corporate drop offs but mostly of common motley which were victims of LPI brutality. Eye for eye and so on.

Small part of Xenos might be present on Legion's drydocks, but they do not possess skilled capital ship captains on their own. On the other hand, if someone - meaning likely 90% of Xenos - flies small ships, it is easier for her or him to be trained into hit-and-run tactics to strike, get loot or destroy a target, then disappear in a very vast area covered with asteroids. It's even easier if you have access to blueprints used by civilian population and you can make using some scrap and a duct tape. The latter is a joke, but I think it wouldn't be so far from truth.

Also, there's one thing I could never understand. In vanillia, Xenos were neutral to Zoners, but also to IMG. Why? Common course of events that created these miners, what made Xenos like the IMG?

RE: Xeno ID and Equipment Contradiction - Reeves - 06-23-2017

Quote:what made Xenos like the IMG?

The I.M.G have no real presence in Liberty, so they never posed an actual problem for the agendas held by the Xenos. Hence the lack of hostilities. The xenos are only angry at people who they feel have stolen their jobs or are blocking their potential to generate more income, such as foreign mining and shipping, junkers and unlawfuls.

RE: Xeno ID and Equipment Contradiction - Toris (Old Account) - 06-23-2017

About the Xenos and Rogues, I found out a gossip in vanillia they liked each other for a short period, but that deteriorated at some point and both groups hate each other.