Discovery Gaming Community
To: Jack Henderson, Independent Miners' Guild - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Jack Henderson, Independent Miners' Guild (/showthread.php?tid=151656)

To: Jack Henderson, Independent Miners' Guild - Nicole Hunter - 07-06-2017

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Provocateur.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 1b.png][Image: 7.png]

Dear Mr Henderson,

It has been a really long time since the last time we have spoken. Nonetheless, both Mr Yoshida and Mr Weisen told me that despite unfortunate drawbacks, such as the tragic fate of Freeport 4, you have been regularly in contact.

For this reason I would like to contract The Guild's construction and maintenance department for a very sensitive project in a remote and secure location. Our engineers estimate that we would require about 20 heavy construction engineers with appropriate skills and experience, a crew up to 100 workers and similar number of heavy construction robots. The project will take up to 6 months during which the crew will not be able to contact their families or leave the construction site's habitat. Upon completion of the project entire crew will receive a painless and selective memory wipe treatment. For all inconveniences we are willing to pay triple salaries for each Guild member taking part in our project. We will obviously guarantee safety of your members.

Please advise on your availability and feasibility of the above-mentioned terms.

Kind regards,
Professor Provocateur
Nicole Hunter

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: Jack Henderson, Independent Miners' Guild - Jack_Henderson - 07-13-2017

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

¤ LOCATION: Deep Taus

¤ COMM-ID: Jack Henderson

¤ TARGET-ID: Nicole Hunter

¤ SUBJECT: Volunteers

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

Dear Professor Hunter,

It's nice to hear from you again, especially as this time there won't be any shipwrecks to clear, and other fires to put out. Indeed, the Guild has been trying to cope with our weakened position in Magellan to some degree and to preserve our relations and interests in the area for a post-Gallic epoch.

Anyway, I have received your request for the skilled labour force for this secret project of yours. Normally, I would request a lot more information and I would obviously try to figure out what you are up to, but let's assume I know the Lane Hackers good enough that you will eventually hint me into a direction to satisfy my curiousity, or decide against it.

100 heavy construction robots can easily be transferred, however you would have to define whether they are meant for on-station work or for in-space construction purposes. The Guild can provide you with both the TR-45 or the TR-55A for space walks. In case we are talking in-space robotic workforce, I would only need additional notification in case there was drastically heightened radiation in the wider operation theater. The TR-55H is the one I would suggest then.

About the human work force, I will strictly have to wait for volunteers to step forward. The process would likely be made easier, if you could forward me a medical data file about the selective memory wipe and risks involved. You know, the Guild and its focus on free will. I assume that a safe method would result in us easily getting the personnel you asked for in a reasonable time frame, especially as the payment looks promising.

The 100 robots come at a price tag of roughly 250.000.000 for the TR-45, 370.000.000 for the TR-55A and 430.000.000 for the TR-55H model for work in hazardous environment. They can be transported by IMG logistics or picked up at Aland Shipyard in Omega 3, or in Tau 31 Holman Outpost. They need to be returned after the construction work is completed.

Let me know what you think.

Yours sincerely,

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ End of Transmission ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

To: Jack Henderson, Independent Miners' Guild - Nicole Hunter - 07-14-2017

...uploading.data...

[Image: 1a.png][Image: 7.png]

Dear Mr Henderson,

The project we are speaking of is obviously about erecting a certain in-space structure, which I thought was presupposed by the "heavy construction" part. The radiation present at the construction site will not exceed nominal levels, so we will settle with TR-55A. Our ship capable of housing large crew will arrive at the base of your choice to pick up both your volunteers and the equipment. We will be ready the moment you get your volunteers. Your monetary requirements are of course acceptable.

As for your medical concerns, I hope I can explain you the entire procedure in a clear manner. The technology itself was patented by Cryer Pharmaceuticals in 672 A.S. by their branch working with Cambridge Research Institute. Originally it was meant to be a cure for the most severe PTSDs against which conventional methods were hopeless. As you can imagine, shortly after hitting the market, it became a novelty product of the decade targeting rejected lovers and divorced wives who were eager to pay to forget. Instead of PTSDs this technology was treating almost exclusively regret, remorse and confidential information. By the turn of the decade the amount of caused social, legal and ethical problems was so high, that this technology was completely banned in all four houses. And naturally all intelligence agencies out there, as well as black security divisions of course, pledged to never use this evil technology again and to remain champions of honor and justice forever.

Application is painless. Patient is being injected a mild relaxation sedative while neural amplifier contained in the hypno-band induces impulses performing controlled neural stimulation. The impulse targets memory recollection mechanism and not the memory itself. The data is still physically stored in your brain, you just cannot find it and decode it. The technology targets only historical memory. The wipe does not affect skills or dispositions. If two people get attached emotionally to each other and undergo the memory wipe, they will still feel the same about each other, despite being unable to explain it rationally.

In very rare cases we use this technology on our own operatives. For instance if they are going to be outsourced to our business partners for a long term contract we minimize this way the risk of our operative being turned or our security being compromised. The technology is considered mature and safe. One-time application will cause less neural damage than a night of heavy drinking or drug abuse. After going through a memory wipe covering about half year into their past, your people will feel a bit confused. They will feel like they have been dreaming during all this time, being able to recollect only faint and unclear images and being unable to discern true from imagined. Other rare side effects range from uneasiness to paranoia. These uncomfortable feelings usually cease between several days and several weeks.

I hope this will clear any of your concerns.

Kind regards,
Professor Provocateur
Nicole Hunter

RE: To: Jack Henderson, Independent Miners' Guild - Jack_Henderson - 07-16-2017

Dear Professor Hunter,

Thank you for the quick transfer of funds and for providing the intel on the drug that will be used on the volunteers. Cryer sources confirm the rather benign consequences of such treatment, and IMG medical personnel have been informed about what to expect if things went wrong afterwards.

The transfer of equipment and personnel can begin within this week with the earliest time of delivery for about half of the number of TR-55A robots would be in 48 hours with the remaining being shipped in the next 48 hours.

Will your agents be picking up the goods, or do you wish for them to be delivered to a place that we can access easily and without raising red flags? I do not have to mention that subtlety needs to go both ways, as always.

I am looking forward to learning more about your plans and assisting you in them.

Yours sincerely,

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

To: Jack Henderson, Independent Miners' Guild - Nicole Hunter - 07-24-2017

...uploading.data...

Dear Mr Henderson,

We have dispatched our liner capable of prolonged stealth operations to Omega-3, as it seems to be more safe and distant from frequent patrols of Gallic warmongers. The total number of passengers and size of the cargo is rather low so we may either proceed with a very quick boarding while under stealth protocol or complete the transfer in space far from patrolled routes.

Whatever will suit you better.

Kind regards,
Professor Provocateur
Nicole Hunter

RE: To: Jack Henderson, Independent Miners' Guild - Jack_Henderson - 07-24-2017

Dear Professor Hunter,

I think there is no need to be too paranoid about security in this one, so an "in space transfer" sounds a little too much. Omega 3 is hardly patrolled in a significant manner, and the boarding of crew and loading of pre-packed robotic parts should not take forever.

My suggestion for safe and swift transfer without difficult logistics plus added danger in space would be this: It would not be a problem for your experts to cause a lane outage in the lanes leading to Aland at the right time to give us a time window to get things done, would it? Some IMG patrols could be around to put out some false flags in case the BPA or BAF investigated. In combination, a quick direct transfer should be safe enough.

Yours sincerely,

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

To: Jack Henderson, Independent Miners' Guild - Nicole Hunter - 08-02-2017

...uploading.data...

Dear Mr Henderson,

Our liner has reached Aland and got boarded successfully. It is currently on its way to the target construction site.

We will keep you updated on the progress of our project and expected date of return of your people.

Thank you again for your help in this matter.

Kind regards,
Professor Provocateur
Nicole Hunter