Discovery Gaming Community
New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office (/showthread.php?tid=151702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Freeport 2 - Administrators Office - Stoner_Steve - 06-15-2018

Ted sat up and shifted closer to the map "There are a lot of options, some of them close, others, well a bit farther away." Ted grinned slightly "You know...have you ever visited a little spot called Monte Carlo Freeport, in the Provence system."

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Croft - 06-15-2018

Jimmy tapped a few keys and the display shifted to the Provence, highlighting Monte Carlo Freeport. A list of goods both in and outbound popped up next to it, complete with profit margins "What'da you think?" he said turning his palms to the ceiling.
"Its a not a bad place, got'a lotta goods goin' through it and its a pretty quiet scene. Only sore spots are how damned far is it from anywhere and it bein' in Gallic turf, I mean the Brigands are good people and everythin' but the entire colony would be out for our hides."

He threw back the remainder of his drink, smacking his lips in appreciated before turning back to the map "We got three ways in and out of this joint. A gate here and a jumphole here" he tapped the top left and right of the map "another jumphole here" he tapped the middle right "and lastly, one here" tapping at the bottom of the map almost dead centre. "Those first two head to Ouh-verge or whatever the hell it's called, the one on the right goes to Lang-dock and this bottom one goes into Crayerian space. The north of this place is all bad news, you got a battleship, a prison station and a fancy resort but so long as we stay on the south side I'd say we're golden. Whats your take?"

RE: Freeport 2 - Administrators Office - Stoner_Steve - 06-16-2018

Ted shrugged his shoulders. "Similar to Liberty, their Navy is quite holier than thou, and their police force can be bought for just about anything." Ted paused to take a drink from his glass. "Plenty of demand, for both raw material and munitions. And lots to scurry away with, nox among them." Ted grinned "I'm more or less sold, but maybe we need to make a visit first. See it with our own eyes." He leaned back and settled himself into his chair. "After all, it might be another dump, we wouldn't want that."

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Croft - 06-16-2018

"Dumps can be turned around if you throw some credits the right way, its what the locals are gonna be like thats on my mind. See, theres only Council and Corse in this system" Jimmy pointed out the two bases "ain't a Brigand in sight and they're the only ones who knows us. How'd you reckon these mooks are gonna react to a couple of Liberty guys movin' in?"

He studied the map for a moment "We gotta be smart about this Ted, theres too many lines here and we're low on the foodchain. You're right about visitin' though, we gotta see this place close up and personal."

RE: Freeport 2 - Administrators Office - Stoner_Steve - 06-16-2018

Ted grinned "I agree we need to be smart but I don't see how your going to manage to split your time between here and" Ted gestured to the system map in front of them. "there without letting something fall though the cracks." Ted itched his arms while becoming lost in thought. "What if we reached out to the Union Corse, after all they already have to be handling the traffic in the system, we can edge our way in as long haul transports first."

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Croft - 06-16-2018

"To hell with this place Ted, we wanted freedom not whatever that is" he jerked his head to the window "whatever we do, we ain't comin' back here." Jimmy zoomed the map out to the surrounding systems "we could fire out a message to the Corse from Orkney or Lang-dock if we're feelin' lucky, better send one to the Brigrands first though, let 'em know we're prospective."

He tapped his chin "That just leaves the Marquis, the Council and the Crayters. You got any sway with any of them?"

RE: Freeport 2 - Administrators Office - Stoner_Steve - 06-17-2018

Ted's face fell slightly. "Uh, well as a slaver I had quite a number of...negative interactions, they aren't' the most fond of the transport sector apparently." Ted cracked a small smile. "Want me to ring them up and see if they remember me?" He burst out laughing. "But, yeah, that's a no."

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Croft - 06-17-2018

Jimmy chuckled "And here I was thinkin' you were some kind of upstandin' businessman Ted. I guess we'll need to have a look at those bridges before we decide to burn 'em or cross 'em." He returned to the map, paying close attention to the list of demanded goods "maybe we should swing through this Crayter system on our way to Monte Carlo? I ain't got much info on their stations and if we know what they're wantin', it could give us a way in."

RE: Freeport 2 - Administrators Office - Stoner_Steve - 06-19-2018

Ted's nodded "I know at the very least they are at war with the gauls, they can't be making all those bullets themselves." Ted looked around the room."So do you like need a bag to pack or are we literally just" he snapped his fingers "gone?"

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Croft - 06-19-2018

"War is good for business, and lets face it who else is crazy enough to do what we do?" Jimmy said with a grin, pulling the data chip from the computer. "Grab the bottles from the chiller Ted, and don't drink any of 'em! I gotta hand in my notice" he walked over to one of the smaller crates and pulled out what seemed to be a small barrel with a crude timer "my version of an old classic, napalm, or close enough. I couldn't get the stuff to burn long enough to actually sell it but it'll cook our prints of everything is this room real nice."

Jimmy set the barrel in his desk, pulled on his jacket, grabbed his briefcase and smiled "What'dya say? Shall we blow this joint?"