Discovery Gaming Community
New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office (/showthread.php?tid=151702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - FrankGambit - 02-02-2018

Frank put his glass back down, "Well, the usuall.." he grinned as he picks up the Letter of Marque and puts it back into his leather pouch and pulls out another sheet of paper, "..handguns, munitions, sidearms.." he picks his drink back up and takes a sip, " and I am thinking that I got a ship load of booze that you might be interested in." he slides the new piece of paper across to Jimmy. "Top shelf stuff that use to belong to Sunny, but not anymore, call it my stolen severance package, not that I think he will notice its gone."

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Croft - 02-03-2018

Jimmy inspected the list with a grin "First his station, now his drinks. Sunny ain't gonna be too happy, but yeah I'll take the lot and get you a good deal on those guns to boot."

Putting down the list, he wheeled his chair over to a stack of crates piled against the far wall returning with a small collection of rifles, pistols, ammunition and grenades. "What I gots here is a little taster" Jimmy said setting the weapons out in front of Frank "of our stock. We gots Liberty made" he throws a thumb out to the set of four pistols "and we gots good old blackmarket hardware, straight from Rheinland" sweeping his arm across the remainder.

"This one right here is one of my favorites" he smirked, picking up what looked like a rectangular pipe with a box bolted on to it "people like to call it the Gutpunch. It'sa modified plasma rifle with a short barrel and overcharged capacitor" he tapped the box "capable of throwin' out waves of superheated plasma to about six metres. Each cannister has enough xenon for about forteen shots and can melt through most armour, skin and bone. Banned in every single colony but for clearin' ships and stations, there ain't no better" patting it as he laid the gun back on the table. "Won't do a damn thing to shields though, for that you need kinetic rounds" Jimmy gestured to another rifle just above.

"Gots anythin' in special in mind?"

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - FrankGambit - 02-03-2018

Gambit was surprised to hear that Jimmy might know something about what happened out in Kepler with the disappearance of BP66 and Blackhack. He tried not to let his emotions rise to the surface, he and his crew did have a lot of friends on both those stations even if they had decided to go in a different direction. He took another drink and focused on what he was here to do.

"I am looking for 5k of munitions every two weeks, or what ever amount you can get that is close to that. In exchange, you get one 5k load of Gold Ore, unprocessed. I need to get it as close to Bretonia as possible before I take it off your hands. Ill leave you to figure out the details of where we do the swap."

Without asking, Frank reached over and opened the box of cigars he had brought in as a gift that had gone unnoticed by Jimmy, he pulled one out and lit it, continuing to talk as he did. "...So it is an even swap, a load of Gold Ore for a load of Guns, grenades, rifles and amo,.... you come out on the better end of the deal anyways you look at it."

He paused for a second, trying to gauge how receptive Jimmy was being, but either way, Gambit knew he did not have time to waste, so he decided to let all the cats out of the bag at once. "...I am also looking for an introduction to any contacts you might have up in Gallia with any unlawful groups or individual that might have a grudge against them Royal frog bastards, and who might be willing to let us operate off of one of their bases......" He pulled a last piece of paper out of his pouch and tossed it on the table "...if you get me a good contact or two up in Gallic territory, take a look at that list and let me know if you or anyone you know might find anything on that list interesting, and I will see what we can do about working out a deal."

He took a drag of the cigar. "One other thing you might help me out with....Have you heard any rumors or info coming out of Kepler?" Gambit decided to fish a little bit as well, see if Jimmy knew anything about the goings on in Kepler.

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Croft - 02-05-2018

"That'sa lot of hardware Frank, and I ain't sure if I can get that much. Hell, the way things are goin' I ain't sure of much these days." Jimmy said after taking a long drink "I can maybe get you half that, dependin' how the cards in Rheinland fall."

"As luck would have it, I do know someone up in Gallia who'd maybe deal. Guy by the name of Zero, part of the Gallic Brigands." He took one of the cigars out of the box and span in between his fingers while reading the list. "What you've got here is good stuff, but it ain't useful to me. So consider this a favour, yeah?"

Jimmy lit the cigar, savouring the first few drags before he spoke again. "I'm gonna be honest Frank, I ain't heard nothin' from Kepler but I keep tabs on the static and the rumble. Word is the Archangels fell off the face of the sector, just" he snaps his fingers "gone. Now with you askin' about news from where Blackport was, well puttin' two and two together..."

He slid out of his chair and walked over to a wall mounted monitor displaying security camera feeds of the station "Bad things are happin' Frank, bad things. Every day I'm hearin' less and less about damn near everythin' and I ain't likin' it" he blew smoke at the monitor. "People are bein' tightlipped and blackmarket hardware" he turned to Frank, gesturing at the table "is gettin' harder to find. I don't even know where the rest of the Pack is."

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - FrankGambit - 02-06-2018

Gambit was a bit surprised, it did not seem like Jimmy The Rat was enjoying being behind a desk flying stacks of paper. He took the last drink out of his glass, set it back down on the table and picked up the list of weapons and put it back into his pouch. "Yea, things aint was they use to be that is for sure Jimmy, I mean....this station use to be a one stop shop for anything and everything, and now it looks more like some kinda military installation ya only see in a nightmare.....and Kepler, I will tell ya what I know, my old crews....at least the ones that wanted to stay in the club, got a message to me about having to abandon the station...they loaded up all they could get their hands on and headed to Ames to wait for an all clear..... when word never came that it was cool to head back, they sent out a shuttle to take a look see.....aint nothing there anymore Jimmy, nothing but higher than normal dark matter readings.....I figure, more that likely some kinda engine experiment gone bad took out both the stations and everyone on them, but I cant be sure and, I cant really worry about it." He picked up his empty glass as a reflex action, trying to wash down the bad taste of what he just said, seeing it was empty he set it back down on the table.

"But yea, I will take what I can get Jimmy, one 5k load of munitions a month in exchange for one 5k load of unprocessed gold ore....if you can swing that, it would help.....So, how do I go about meeting this Zero fella?" He reached again for his empty glass. "Think I can get a refill here man, bad times make a man need good booze..."

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Croft - 02-08-2018

Jimmy walked back to the table and refilled Frank's drink "That's rough man but hey, least you got outa there before everythin' went to hell. That's gotta count for somethin'." He sat back into his chair, sticking the lit cigar between his teeth once more "I gotta tell ya Frank, I'd rather see those platforms outa my window than the Liberty navy. As some dead mook said, the price 'a freedom is constant vigilance" he said with a nod.

After taking another drag, Jimmy turned to his computer and began swiping through info before downloading it onto a pad. "This is the contact details for Zero, you send a message on this channel to Montbard Base in Burgundy and you tell 'em I sent you" he said, sliding it over the desk to Frank. "Somethin' you gotta know first. The Gallic Brigands ain't exactly unified, each base has it's own way a' doin' things, kinda like the Rogues. Unlike the Rogues, these guys ain't got much in the way of contacts this side of the sector so expect to be pulled into all kinds of trouble between the bosses. They're good people but they're ambitious as hell."

"As for the hardwear, I think I can pull of 5k a month."

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - FrankGambit - 02-09-2018

Frank reached for the Data Pad, transferred the contact info into his own device, and slid the pad back across to Jimmy. He picked up his glass, "Thanks man, this will come in handy I am sure." and took another drink. He had been trying to gauge which way Jimmy was leaning in respects to the Gallics, but did not have a good read on it. "So, around here, what is the general feeling with these Gallics and what they are doing in Bretonnia?"

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Croft - 02-10-2018

"Eh" said Jimmy with a non-commital shrug "most of 'em probably don't care one way or the other. They're puttin' the squeeze on Bretonia which has made demand for drugs and arms go up but at the same time, they block up the good smugglin' routes doin' it."

"As for me? I ain't likin' any government" he took a drag from his cigar, swirling it around as he exhauled smoke. "They're all as bad as each other, always grabbin' for somethin' that ain't theirs to take. Gallia ain't no different. They've just made it further than most, and they've give Liberty a blackeye too, only the Rheinlanders" he threw a thumb to the right of him "have managed to do that so far."

Jimmy leant back into his chair "So long as they don't come knockin' on my door, they can take over the stinkin' galaxy for all I care. 'Cause at the end of the day someone is always gonna fight back and I'll be the one in the middle, sellin' 'em the hardware to do it."

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - FrankGambit - 02-10-2018

"Yea, well....they have blown up the Freeport in Magellan and killed 350 people on Trafalgar station just recently." He took another drink. "They dont seem to differentiate between civilian targets and military ones, and while it does seem like you got this station beefed up a bit since I was last around, it aint no match for the firepower they got, and trust me, I have seen first hand what they can do to people and places that they think are in the way." He took a puff off of the cigar and sat in silent for a few seconds. "I like ya well enough to let ya know Jimmy, they find out your dealin with me and my group it might be bad for ya down the road, I get it if ya need to back out."

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Croft - 02-11-2018

Jimmy couldn't help but burst out laughing "Sorry Frank, I know you're just tryin' to give me a heads up but come on man, my entire line of work is sidesteppin' mooks who could crush me into nothin'. Besides if the heat does get turned up, I'll be outa here before they pick this place up on scanners."

He chuckled a few times before setting the cigar back between his teeth "I appreciate the thought though. You're a good guy Frank, so I'll return the favour." He turned his chair to face him square "Don't focus on 'What is right', yeah? Every son of a bitch thinks they're right, that they've got a good bead on what's goin' on and what they're doin' is what should be done, but the truth is everyone is an idiot. The trick is to know it" Jimmy tapped the side of his nose twice "the smartest guy in the room is always the one who knows he's the dumbest, capiche?"